Realtek RTL8125 negotiation issues (Unraid 6.8.0-rc5)

wreave

I know the RTL8125 driver was added in 6.8.0-rc2 but it appears to not be working correctly on rc5 (currently using Unraid Nvidia build).

Problem:

- Network connectivity fails to establish

- Device connected to Unraid machine auto negotiates to 100 Mbps

- Unraid auto negotiates to 10 Mbps

- No network traffic appears to correctly pass. (For example DHCP process does not complete)

Troubleshooting:

- Connected Unraid machine to a router, a switch, and directly to my desktop PC NIC.  All devices connected to the Unraid machine show a 100 Mbps connection while running 'ethtool eth0 | grep -i speed' directly from Unraid shows 10Mb/s.

- Using a USB NIC I had lying around (100Mbps) everything works as expected at 

Diagnostics were retrieved by running 'diagnostics' directly on the machine and grabbing the resulting file.

Please let me know if there is other information I can gather.

Edit: Also note they before switching motherboards I was using a 1 gig NIC without issue. So it's shouldn't be a hardware side issue (that's part of the reason I also tested connecting directly to a PC).

supremacy-diagnostics-20191125-2014.zip

Edited by wreave

So after a bunch of tshooting this morning with Unraid versions here is what I've found.

The onboard RTL8125 NIC works in both stock Unraid on rc5 and rc7. The USB NIC I was testing with (ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88772) does not work on rc5 or rc7.

The exact opposite is true for the Nvidia Unraid build. When testing on rc5 the RTL8125 does not work while the AX88772 does.

All of this was using the same cable on the same switch port.

Looks like I'll need to reach out on the Nvidia Unraid plugin thread about this issue. Odd that the USB NIC wouldn't work with stock Unraid though.