pfSense VM lost access to Web GUI with no reason

PzrrL

2 minutes ago, PzrrL said:

Do I actually have to delete the interface mentioned here (11:30)?

If you only want to use the physical passed through network card for pfsense, you don't need it. It's only a virtual network card bridged to the main nic Unraid itself uses.

5 minutes ago, PzrrL said:

select SATA for installation

Not 100% sure, but I think the Pfsense installer has no drivers for virtio devices. Sata emulation is slower as virtio. The performance differences of these 2 I guess you won't really notice on Pfsense except of the boot up times and maybe installing plugins. After that the slow amount of logs Pfsense writes to disk you won't see any big differences.

8 minutes ago, PzrrL said:

I guess probably every first time it should work, and then somehow screwed up without knowing the reason lol

🤣

23 minutes ago, bastl said:

Did you have a MAC adress reservation setup on your router for one of the 4 ports maybe and a switch between your Mac and the server itself where the router also has access to? If so, please separate the Pfsense LAN net completly from your main net. Connecting the Mac directly to the LAN port should work

um....

132343626_Screenshot2019-11-28at23_16_33.thumb.png.140d37cdaec5848442c60f7fdb62700f.png

Life is so hard🤦‍♂️

So basically I followed all the steps from Spaceinvader One, more or less the same, I have gone through the whole process at least 5 times, I do get it runs before, I mean at least I can change some settings, then suddenly don't know where did I screw it up.

I am super new to pfsense, and just want to explore it, but somehow it doesn't like me ☹️

Edited by PzrrL
more info