Expanding Ubuntu VM (Nextcloud storage)

Nozlo

Hello unRAID community

I recently installed Nextcloud through a container and since want to give the VM world a shot with Ubuntu. Currently, I would like to know, that in the future when I run out of storage I will be able to expand the storage capacity on my Ubuntu VM which will also allow more storage on Nextcloud.

Before I go through this process, I have Ubuntu running in a VM and I assigned it 50G amount of storage and I am just doing my best to expand the storage before I go and get nextcloud all set up. Let me explain the steps I have completed.

1) Install Ubunu onto VM and install Snap of nextcloud

2) Power down VM and change storage capacity from 50G to 70G

3) Run the command Fdisk - https://gyazo.com/de68fad3441436559bd10cb43e8fda17

From when I first installed nextcloud, I formatted the entire drive (I would not wanted to have done this if I actually had all of my data on nextcloud. I am currently just trying to get this to actually safely extend the storage.) 

When I go to format the entire 70G that it says I have available, it only ends up being 50G linux file system. This whole process I am not grasping and I am wondering if there is anyone that has gone through a similar issue/fix to it.

GParted needs a GUI that will not launch on Ubuntu to extend the partition.

If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong, or a guide to fix this would be great. Thank you all in advance.