Stopping array takes forever

Julius

No end in sight. I have no idea why.

In the bottom left corner it says;

"Array Stopping•Retry unmounting user share(s)..."

Nothing is connected to it, except that one browser tab.

This is super time-wasting. I try to change config, adding a disk etc. Only way to get there is by powering down and immediately pressing to stop the array when it starts.

• 2 years later...
20 hours ago, JorgeB said:
May 30 12:31:18 STOWER20 root: umount: /mnt/disk1: target is busy.

Something is using disk1, maybe docker/appdata, see if the service stops manually before stopping the array.

ATM, I can not locate the console command to shut down the array related services.

I am having the same, or similar problem; when stopping the array the log shows stopping services and then endlessly waits. The Web UI shows that array has stopped, however it is not possible to make changes to the array nor is it possible to restart the array through the WebUI. I force a clean reboot. My objective is to a new HDD. Everything else working without error.

Edited by JackSafari
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/30/2023 at 5:27 PM, wilkins502 said:

Had the exact same problem. Went to open the terminal to try to find out what was using disk1. It was me, in a terminal window looking at disk1. 

Sometimes (everytime) it's all my fault)

I came to find out what is taking forever. i frankly never doubted it was something i am doing myself. but please, pretty please, HOW do i check what is preventing the stopping of the array? is there a command i can execute?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 10:27 AM, wilkins502 said:

Had the exact same problem. Went to open the terminal to try to find out what was using disk1. It was me, in a terminal window looking at disk1. 

Sometimes (everytime) it's all my fault)

I also had this exact same issue. I was surprised that a terminal window just sitting in that director would prevent it from unmounting!