zenergy: Plex and Sonarr database getting corrupted

Zenergy

I have split your post into its own thread. Don't hijack the support thread of another user. It only causes confusion, and confusion can lead to disaster.

Your appdata and system shares have some files on the array instead of all on cache. You want those shares all on cache and to stay on cache so your dockers and VMs will perform better, and so they won't keep array disks spinning.

Do you have any VMs?

I had assumed i was having the same trouble and did not want to add a needless post.  :)

I have not loaded any VM's yet.  I did try to load Unbuntu but got an error...

VM creation error

invalid argument: could not find capabilities for arch=x86_64 domaintype=kvm

I assuming a Win10 VM is best? 

I will try and move everything to the Cache pool....

**EDIT:  I don't see an obivous way to move system and app data to cache...

Edited by Zenergy
additional question

Yeah, I have no idea what I have doing... My cache is full and nothing can write to it, and I none of the dockers WebUI will even show on the context menu to load.   Well I got Krusader working.. I am moving my data to my external 8tb and i am ready to nuke and try again...   

Any reason not to?

tower-diagnostics-20191202-0405.zip

OH, and I can not load VMs with my stock Qnap 670pro

VM creation error

invalid argument: could not find capabilities for arch=x86_64 domaintype=kvm

Edited by Zenergy
Add comment at end

You seem to have made things worse instead of better since your last diagnostics. I don't know if starting over would be the best thing to do unless you know what you would do differently. We can probably clean up this mess if we take things a little at a time.

Go to Settings - Docker, disable and delete the docker image. Do the same for Settings - VM Manager. Leave them disabled and deleted until you get a lot of other things fixed.

You have a share anonymized in the Diagnostics as M---a, I'm guessing Media. It is set to cache-prefer, which means put all files on cache and if any are on the array move them to cache. That is why you have filled your cache and that should be the first thing to take care of before any further progress can be made. Change that share to cache-yes so it can be moved to the array, then go to Main - Array Operations - Move Now and wait for it to complete. Then post new Diagnostics.

I am putting a little bit at the bottom about your cache pool just as a reminder to myself but don't do anything about it yet. I probably won't get back to you until tomorrow. If you want something to read in the meantime you can check out the Unraid FAQ and maybe even the Docker FAQ, but don't do anything else except get that share moved off cache and post those Diagnostics.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-554741

https://forums.unraid.net/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

You have a 1TB and a 120GB disk in the cache pool. Personally I wouldn't even bother with that smaller one. If you use the default raid1 setting then you will only get a mirror with the capacity of the smaller. And raid0 isn't the right setting either. I would just get rid of the 120G since it can't give you any redundancy for the other and it doesn't really give any meaningful capacity.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

You seem to have made things worse instead of better since your last diagnostics. I don't know if starting over would be the best thing to do unless you know what you would do differently. We can probably clean up this mess if we take things a little at a time

Thank you for your patience. I really appreciate it. 

I did all that was requested... although it seemed the Mover finished very quickly.  I will post another file now, and then run another mover just in case...

tower-diagnostics-20191202-0607.zip

From those diagnostics it looks like you got your Media moved off. Maybe that didn't take very long because there wasn't much there to move. Unfortunately your cache pool configuration is screwed, though I didn't notice any corruption, so that is good. Diagnostics says

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdc1       1.1T  612G  1.4G 100% /mnt/cache

Obviously that doesn't add up. It looks like the only other thing on cache that might (just maybe) be worth saving is your appdata.

You still have VM Manager enabled

9 hours ago, trurl said:

Go to Settings - Docker, disable and delete the docker image. Do the same for Settings - VM Manager. Leave them disabled and deleted until you get a lot of other things fixed.

Go to Settings - VM Manager, disable and delete the libvirt image. 

Go to Shares - User Shares, click Compute All, wait for the results. If you don't get a result after several minutes, refresh the screen.

Then post a screenshot of those results and a new Diagnostic.

14 minutes ago, Zenergy said:

I am not able to disable my VM Manager, see image below

Wonder how you ever got it enabled in the first place. You should be able to disable it by editing the file on flash at config/domain.cfg then restart the array. There are several ways you could edit that file but the simplest to explain would be to shutdown, put flash in your PC and edit it there. Then we should be able to get rid of that last bit of system share on disk1.

Why do you have anything at all in the domains share?

Doesn't look like you have much in appdata to save so maybe the simplest thing to do would be to just delete it. 

What do you get from the command line with these?

ls -lah /mnt/cache/system
ls -lah /mnt/cache/appdata
ls -lah /mnt/cache/domains

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Why do you have anything at all in the domains share?

Doesn't look like you have much in appdata to save so maybe the simplest thing to do would be to just delete it. 

What do you get from the command line with these?

ls -lah /mnt/cache/system

ls -lah /mnt/cache/appdata

ls -lah /mnt/cache/domains

When I look at the domain share, it showing /Unbuntu.   I did try to install it, maybe it extracted the ISO or sectioned off the partition?

I deleted what I could using SMB share in /appdata and /domain

root@Tower:~# ls -lah /mnt/cache/system
total 16K
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 26 Nov 22 13:34 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 40 Dec  2 00:42 ../
drwxrwxrwx 1 root   root   0 Nov 30 22:48 docker/
drwxrwxrwx 1 root   root   0 Nov 22 13:34 libvirt/

root@Tower:~# ls -lah /mnt/cache/appdata
total 16K
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 42 Nov 30 23:37 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 22 Nov 30 23:03 krusader/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 14 Nov 30 23:36 plex/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 54 Dec  2 15:24 rutorrent/

root@Tower:~# ls -lah /mnt/cache/domains
total 16K
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  0 Dec  2 15:27 ./

**  I don't know what happen, but when I removed my flash, edited the domain config, when I rebooted my system and enabled the arrary, the 1TB needed to be formatted I went ahead and formatted it...

Edited by Zenergy
addtional info
52 minutes ago, Zenergy said:

I don't know what happen, but when I removed my flash, edited the domain config, when I rebooted my system and enabled the arrary, the 1TB needed to be formatted I went ahead and formatted it...

Are you referring to the 1TB cache? Possibly it was corrupted after all. Any files from there are gone now, but it doesn't seem like an important loss. In future, always ask for advice before formatting anything. Many people make the mistake of formatting an unmountable array disk, thinking the data can be recovered from parity. It can't.

Post a new Diagnostic.

Your domains share is gone so that is cleaned up, and the settings for that share look good. If/when you create files for that share they will go to cache where they belong.

Delete whatever is still in your system share, they are all on the array and you don't want them there or indeed anywhere. The settings for that share are good also. When you create files for that share they will go to cache where they belong.

Since you formatted cache, what is left of your appdata is on the array. Might as well delete that too and just start over so we know we have a clean slate. The settings for that share are good and when you create files for it they will go to cache where they belong.

And you only have the single 1TB cache now so that is also good.

Your Media share is all on the array now. For now go ahead and set that share to cache-no as @david279 suggested until you get things working well. Later you can decide if you want to cache new files or not. Personally, I don't since most of my new files are from scheduled backups and queued downloads and I am not waiting on them to complete anyway. And by having them on the array they are already protected.

So it looks like you are at a good starting place. Just a few other questions for you to consider.

Do you have Notifications setup to alert you immediately by email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected? You should take care of a problem when it first occurs so you don't get multiple problems that are more difficult to recover from.

Do you have backups of anything important and irreplaceable? Parity is no substitute for backups. Many of us don't try to backup everything on our large capacity servers, but you must always have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable. You get to decide what qualifies.

Which dockers do you plan to run?

And isn't it good that I split this into a thread you could have all for yourself?😉

29 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you have Notifications setup to alert you immediately by email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected? You should take care of a problem when it first occurs so you don't get multiple problems that are more difficult to recover from.

Do you have backups of anything important and irreplaceable? Parity is no substitute for backups. Many of us don't try to backup everything on our large capacity servers, but you must always have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable. You get to decide what qualifies.

Which dockers do you plan to run?

And isn't it good that I split this into a thread you could have all for yourself?😉

I can not figure out how to setup gmail for notifications... I'll have to use my seldom used outlook.com I guess

On my Qnap I had iDrive setup to auto upload to cloud back up important folders nightly... I'll have to find a docker or something else I guess to continue.

Dockers at this point will be; Krusader; Plex; Shinobo; FileZilla; ruTorrent (if I can get it to work), maybe a Minecraft server just for my son and I to play on and some sort of cloud back up (3tb).

And yes, you have been awesome at assisting me,  thank you!

1 hour ago, Zenergy said:

I can not figure out how to setup gmail for notifications... I'll have to use my seldom used outlook.com I guess

If it is seldom used it is unlikely to get your attention as needed. There are other agents besides email that can be used, but to use gmail you have to setup an app password in your Google Account and let Unraid use that app password instead of your regular google password.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

23 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you need help setting up Plex?

I have always been able to "setup plex" the problem was the database crapped out after 24hr (assuming after move ran).   But you have been helping me to fix that problem all along. I linked all my libraries and Plex is running right now, database is updating and I will keep an eye on it. 

As for the gmail, I did setup a app password, I just put my email in wrong... it'd working now😒

I am waiting Space Invaders part 3 for CCTV setup, so I will do that then...

I will need to setup torrent... that I use a lot for work.  :)