Using NVME for appdata

So I just started with unraid, my parity build isn't even finished yet. I want to use my nvme drive for appdata for plex. yes, it may be overkill. Thats ok, I like overkill. I don't want this drive to be part of the array. Maybe I don't understand how unraid works. Anyway, is what I want possible? To keep the NVME seperate from the array and only use it for appdata? Or will I have to add it to the array, and change all shares not to use it?

Thanks

Unassigned Devices are not part of user shares.

We were talking about using it as a cache drive. You have to stop the array and assign it to a cache slot in Main - Cache Devices.

You will have to format it after adding it. If you think you might add additional cache devices then you have to format as btrfs.

1 hour ago, Megaman69 said:

i have read about a copy bug

That only applies to mixing user shares with disks that are part of user shares. The problem arises because linux doesn't realize that the source and destination may be the same file, since user shares are just another view of the disks.

Unassigned Devices are not part of user shares, so that problem does not apply.

• 1 month later...