Extremly slow Data-Rebuild (solved)

I ran into an unmountable error yesterday after a reboot of my tower. It staied this way even in emulated mode. I was able to fix this with the 'xfs_repair -v -L /dev/md8' as suggested in https://forums.unraid.net/topic/69765-solved-unmountable-no-file-system/. During the trial and error I had set the device to none, so now it wants to rebuild the disk. Unfortunately this goes extremly slow, like less than 1 MB/sec.

I don't see any errors regarding the disc itself. I disabled all dockers and VMs but it stays slow. Memory and cpu load are normal. Rebooting the server doesn't help. I can't find the source of the problem.

Unraid_rebuild.png

saturn-diagnostics-20191201-0659.zip

Edited by G@n0nD0rf

Your syslog shows that you are getting continual resets every few seconds on ata10 which is drive serial

ST10000VN0004-1ZD101, ZA2AQFFD

which is why the rebuild is going so slowly.

i would suggest you stop the rebuild and carefully check the SATA and power cabling to this drive which is the commonest cause of such issues, and then restart the rebuild.   You had probably disturbed the cabling when putting in the replacement drive.