Setup:

Intel Core i3 8100
H130M M.2 (Mobo)

16GB DDR4

Radeon RX580

Sound Interface: AG06 Yamaha

VM: 

win10_intercafeaudioissues.xml

The problem is, when I turn on the virtual machine with the interface USB plugged in without the drive, the audio gets choppy and sizzling.
When I connect with the USB plugged in and the drive installed, the moment my win10 plays some sound, it crashes and that message pops up.

672968426_WhatsAppImage2019-12-02at00_51_48.jpeg.5fca4c421a40f8fc8fa27c6d78615db3.jpeg

Right after the crash VM crash.

Can any good soul help me? ❤️ 

Edited by victorarajooj
SOLVED

Tools -> Diagnostics -> attach zip file.

Also what Unraid version are you running? I suspect 6.8.0 rc?

In your xml, there's this line.

<type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-4.1'>hvm</type>

Change it to:

<type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-3.1'>hvm</type>

That should change your Q35 machine back to v3.1

But, (and it's a big but), Q35 below 4.0 makes your PCIe runs at x1 so you need to add these codes to the end of your xml (manually) before </domain> so that it can run at full speed.

<qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-global'/>
    <qemu:arg value='pcie-root-port.speed=8'/>
    <qemu:arg value='pcie-root-port.width=16'/>
  </qemu:commandline>

This is assuming the root port patch hasn't been removed.

If it were removed then you would also need to downgrade to Unraid v6.7.2 (or create a new template and use i440fx machine type, again v3.1).

The best fix though is to pass through a USB PCIe device to the VM and use your Yamaha plugged into that. Hence I asked for Diagnostics to check your IOMMU group + available devices.

20 hours ago, testdasi said:

Change it to:

But, (and it's a big but), Q35 below 4.0 makes your PCIe runs at x1 so you need to add these codes to the end of your xml (manually) before </domain> so that it can run at full speed.

If it were removed then you would also need to downgrade to Unraid v6.7.2 (or create a new template and use i440fx machine type, again v3.1).

The best fix though is to pass through a USB PCIe device to the VM and use your Yamaha plugged into that. Hence I asked for Diagnostics to check your IOMMU group + available devices.

Hi Alright, thanks so much for the reply and sorry for my delay.

I made the changes to the XML you spoke, but when I turned on the screen only goes black.

I'll be sending the diagnostic you asked me.

fdge-diagnostics-20191203-1156.zip

And yes, i'am using the lastest version.

21 hours ago, testdasi said:

Change it to:

The problem of using i440fx, and i'm using an AMD video card (rx 580) and for some reason when i update her drivers on i440fx goes black, it just worked on the Q35.

I hope when you picked i440fx, you followed my advice to create a new template and not tried to edit the current template.

Editing the xml template does not have any impact on your actual VM. All you need to do is to edit your not-working template in xml mode and then copy-paste your old code (presumably that's the xml you attached in the first post), save and then everything should be back to what it was.

• Like 1
On 12/3/2019 at 2:40 PM, testdasi said:

I hope when you picked i440fx, you followed my advice to create a new template and not tried to edit the current template.

Editing the xml template does not have any impact on your actual VM. All you need to do is to edit your not-working template in xml mode and then copy-paste your old code (presumably that's the xml you attached in the first post), save and then everything should be back to what it was.

Solved, Thanks TestDasi ❤️ !!