BIND vfio-pci.cfg

14 hours ago, phat_cow said:

I added BIND=07:00.0 07:00.1 07:00.3 to vfio-pci.cfg but for some reason the usb controllers is not showing in my "Other Devices" in my VM templates. It's like unraid is not loading the file. Am I doing something wrong? vfio-pci.cfg is located in /boot/config/vfio-pci.cfg

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

What version of unraid are you running? That looks like the correct path and filename. What does your syslinux.cfg look like?

1 hour ago, Skitals said:

What version of unraid are you running? That looks like the correct path and filename. What does your syslinux.cfg look like?

Version: 6.8.0-rc7

syslinux.cfg

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append vfio-pci.ids=1987:5012 isolcpus=3-11,15-23 initrd=/bzroot video=efifb:off

1987:5012 is my nvme drive.

I will try running in safemode to see if it does anything.

14 minutes ago, phat_cow said:

Because doing that will also pass through all the usb controllers including the one unraid is plugged into.

It doesn't work with this board because there are three usb controllers with the same vendor:device id (1022:149c). One of them has the unraid usb plugged in, and it obviously isn't happy when stubbed. Using the vfio-pci.cfg method lets you bind some of them but not others.

Try safe mode, or try removing your vfio-pci.ids from syslinux.cfg. I'm not sure you can bind both ways. You should be able to bind everything you need via the vfio-pci.cfg method. The only annoying part is when you add/remove a pcie device the addresses change. I just added another nvme drive to my system and had to update my vfio-pci.cfg and all my VMs.

1 hour ago, phat_cow said:

Version: 6.8.0-rc7

syslinux.cfg

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append vfio-pci.ids=1987:5012 isolcpus=3-11,15-23 initrd=/bzroot video=efifb:off

1987:5012 is my nvme drive.

I will try running in safemode to see if it does anything.

I haven't tested it, but I believe you have to use either one method or the other. Try removing vfio-pci.ids from your syslinux.cfg. I'm passing the same exact nvme controller via vfio-pci.cfg, so I can confirm that works as well (XPG 1TB PCIe Gen 4 NVMe, in my case. Picked it up on Black Friday for $120. Getting the rated 5000/4400MB/s).

Edited by Skitals