New Egg Black Friday

Bags

Im keeping my fingers crossed. Im almost done with my first build and other than the Biostar mobo being doa I am ready to go minus the hard drives. I could have been up but decided I could hold off for a week to see what deals come down. $69.99 would be worth the wait if they are good unraid drives.

So are these good drives for parity? I was thinking about getting 1 of the 2 tb wd Ears for 99. and 2 of these seagates for data drives. I want to be able to run a torrent server and stream media out of my unraid. Would I be better off just spending the extra money for the WD drives? Thanks and sorry for posting out of the correct header.

The best rule of thumb is that your parity checks will run at the speed of your slowest drive.  Reads are drive specific, so only those drives that have the data you're streaming will be spinning.  Even 5400 rpm drives are sufficient to run multiple Blu-Ray streams at once.

Does anyone have any comments on the newegg comment talking about this drive's error correction mode that causes it to stop responding for some period...causing problems with raid arrays? Just want to know if anyone has vested this model as compatible with unraid.

I have 5 of them in my unRAID server and they work just fine!