New Egg Black Friday

Bags

They changed the limit from 3 per customer to 2!

Don't get me started.

When I saw, prior to 4PM EST, that the price changed in my shopping cart, I changed from 2 to 3.

After 4pm, the limit  was 3.

I go through checkout around 4:30 or so, and see that the USB drive that I planned on using for unraid is the only item NOT shipping from NJ (I'm in NY).  So I go back to my shopping cart to remove it figuring I'll make do with one of the other USB drives at my disposal, and if there's a problem I'll just pick one up locally...

But when I go back to my shopping cart, the damn thing takes #3 out of my cart.

Ugh.  If I just pressed "submit" I would have gotten in on 3 of them.

Oh well.  In 2+ months when I need another 2TB drive, the prices should be similar. 

What a disappointing Black Friday sale.  Besides the 2 TB Seagate, these are the only two deals I'm even remotely considering:

Antec Nine Hundred - $90, or $60 after MIR

- Definitely a good deal at $60, but I'm not sure I want to deal with a MIR, especially such a large one.

ZOTAC IONITX-F-E Intel Atom 330 (1.6GHz, dual-core) NVIDIA ION Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo - $140, or $110 after MIR

- Seems pretty solid, and I've had nothing but good experiences with Zotac in the past.  Theoretically could support up to 9 drives.  Should also work well as an HTPC due to the ION GPU.  Again, not sure I want to deal with a $30 rebate, but this one at least seems a bit more worthwhile.

Also bought me a Seagate Barracuda, now to check out if there are any WD20EARSesque special rules before I put this in a server!

Altho, no worry of that anytime soon, given the lack of decent 8sata h55/7 lga1156 mobos.

No real rules other then the preferred firmware update (forced if need be) to CC35.

Strange - I placed a $950 order late Wed afternoon at NewEgg.  Still has not shipped as of 10PM.

Yet my $17 USB order from yesterday shipped at like 10AM this morning.

I'm not complaining b/c I know this is a busy time and all - and quite frankly they are usually impeccable about everything...  Just thought it was strange.  (They both are shipping out of NJ too)

Yeah but two things suck:

1)  The Antec 1200 I ordered has a $40 rebate for purchases made today.  I lost out on that, and it hasn't even shipped.  :(

2)  They already charged my CC, so I paid for it, yet it's going to be probably Monday before it ships.

Again though NE sets the standard for being a good merchant.  These are pretty minor all things considered.