Nev SATA controller card for my new build / Lenovo / IBM M1015 ServeRAID, will it work ?

Denner

Am putting together new unraid build, my old one is having a lot of hardware failures, but I am at a loss in regards to what controller card to buy, needs to be in the EU because import taxes are insane in Denmark if coming from outside the EU :( 
I found this card that can be preflashed and as far as I can see it should work, but I have some questions....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBM-M1015-ServeRAID-LSI-SAS9220-8i-SAS9211-46M0861-iMR-IT-MODE-6Gb-s-8-port/292365468478

1. Will it work ?

2.What firmware should I order it with, he preflashes with the one I want, seams really important to get this right ?

3.Will the card support my 8tb and 10tb drives that I use in my current server / does it support these drive seizes ?

4.What breakout cables ( for connecting sata drives to card ) are the best ones to buy ?

Hoping someone can help me out, because I am at a loss in regards to what sata controller card to get :)

Cheers...

Dennis

Finally found a card that I han import to Denmark without additional taxes for a reasonable price:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-47MCV-047MCV-PERC-H200-SAS-RAID-Controller-Adapter-Card-PCI-E/193241110499?hash=item2cfe1157e3:g:WU8AAOSwVYNd56NQ

And this breakout cable:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-SAS-36P-SFF-8087-To-4-SATA-7Pin-6GB-HDD-For-Adapter-RAID-52445-5405Z/283644793072?hash=item420a8c10f0:g:75gAAOSwT9FdprH-

So is the card the "correct" one and supported by unraid ?

I the cable the correct 8087 forward cable ?

Will this combo support 8tb hard-drives ? 

Sorry for asking so much, just want to get ir right the first time i order :)

15 minutes ago, Denner said:

So is the card the "correct" one and supported by unraid ?

Yes, will likely need crossflashing to LSI IT mode, unless it comes pre-flashed.

17 minutes ago, Denner said:

I the cable the correct 8087 forward cable ?

It doesn't say anywhere if it's forward breakout or reverse breakout, they look the same and only forward breakout will work in this case.

18 minutes ago, Denner said:

Will this combo support 8tb hard-drives ? 

Yes, with the right cable.

• Thanks 1

Thanks man, your help is very much appreciated :)

I have no problem with cross-flashing, worst case scenario, I mess up, break the card and will have to buy another one , best case I get it right and now have the SATA card I want :)

Will write the seller in regards to the breakout cable instead of asking you all the time, or look for a seller that lists it as a forward breakout cable :)

I regards to 8tb drives and the correct cable needed for it to work, I just need a 8087 forward breakout cable and than I am good to go if my card is working correctly and cross flashed to the correct LSI firmware ?

32 minutes ago, Denner said:

I regards to 8tb drives and the correct cable needed for it to work, I just need a 8087 forward breakout cable and than I am good to go if my card is working correctly and cross flashed to the correct LSI firmware ?

Correct, it will work with any currently available capacity and for any larger disk coming in the few next years, at least.

• Thanks 1