Linux version 3.0.35-unRAID - upgrade to latest version

Hi all,

I am in a bit of an usual position.

My unraid server’s motherboard died in 2014 and I never got round to fixing it.

Now I am finally ready to replace it, but figure I might as well upgrade to the latest version of unraid.

Is this possible for free using my old license key ” Single unRAID Server "Plus" USB Flash registration key.”

And if so, what is the best procedure to carry out the upgrade?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, itimpi said:

Do you have any data you intend to bring forward?   If not then the easiest is to make sure you have a copy of the registration key in a safe place; then continue as though setting up a new system and put the key file in the 'config' folder on the USB stick.   You should now be ready to go :)

I do have data I would like to migrate forward.
However I was thinking I could setup a new system with new hdd's and then later plug in the old unraid hdd's one by one and copy the data from them into the new array. As most of the old hdd's won't be reused on this new array.
Does this sound like a good approach?

Sounds good. Your license key is valid for current and future releases, and if your current flash drive isn't healthy you can migrate the license to a new flash drive as long as you keep up with the license file. Backup your current flash drive, erase it and set it up with the current release with your new drives.

When you have your system running well and trust it, use the Unassigned Devices plugin to mount the old drives and copy the content to the array.

• Like 1