Array: Start Button missing

vlow

I went to holiday so i decided to turn off my unraid server cause i didnt needed it at this time. After 2 weeks later i wanted to turn it on => all seems good. Then i wanted to start the array via the built in button on the webinterface and when i pressed it nothing happened so i tried to make a restart. After that restart the "Start" Button is missing.....

I try again a restart but with the same result so i think the config on the usb is faulty somehow. Can anyone advice so that i havnt to reinstall the unraid OS again? 

Or there are some commands where i can fix the unraid os ?

BR vlow 

• 2 months later...

Was there ever anything dicovered with this?  Mine has done the same now since the 6.8.2 upgrade. Wouldn't reboot, then after a few tries it started but the array controls were missing from the GUI, just the powerdown and reboot buttons remained.

Edit: after a third reboot, the start button returned.

Edited by PhAzE
On 2/10/2020 at 5:23 PM, PhAzE said:

Was there ever anything dicovered with this?  Mine has done the same now since the 6.8.2 upgrade. Wouldn't reboot, then after a few tries it started but the array controls were missing from the GUI, just the powerdown and reboot buttons remained.

Edit: after a third reboot, the start button returned.

mine appears to be doing this as well.

All is well - but start array button is missing

• 1 month later...

Hi! 

Same error here. I switched out an unassigned HDD for an SSD and in that process I acidentally unplugged my parity drive. Started up the server and realised. Shut it down, plugged the parity drive back in and restarted. The parity drive is now back but the array start button is missing. See screenshot and diagnostics. 

monsterservern-diagnostics-20200321-1351.zipscreenshot1.thumb.png.9e975288703d30ff81170a7c6d7ef901.png

Edited by eribob

Hi! I rebooted normally (just like someone else in this thread) and the start button is back. Just wanted to post my diagnostics in case someone was interested in investigating this bug. 

I am also impressed by the speed with which you people reply in this forum! 

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Happened to me as well just now, after a reboot cause one NVMe drive was reported missing (but BIOS saw the drive, this has been happening from time-to-time with the Asus Hyper M.2 V2 Gen3 card for unknown reason).

To get the START ARRAY button back I did what was suggested by @jagz707

I clicked the play button in the Dashboard, but the array didn't start cause I have it encrypted.

I then went back to the Main page and all the bottom buttons were there and was able to put the passphrase and start it up.

So there's something going on.

Happened to me as well just now....Just added a second parity drive, all went well.

Went to start the array and no "start" buttons - just "reboot" and "shutdown"

To get the START ARRAY button back I did what was suggested by @jagz707

I clicked the play button in the Dashboard and all started.

Stopped it again. Start button gone again. Tried a few other things and then rebooted and things seem normal.

Did learn about the "Play" button so that is good 🙂

I do think something weird is happening?