could not read superblock from /boot/config/super.dat

sickb0y

Hi guys so I'm having this problem of all my drives getting unassigned when the Unraid server turns off by itself (via UPS power outage) or I manually reboot the server. As soon as the server comes back everything gets unassigned I have manually assigned each drive (about 23+cache)

Now looking at the logs I see this:

Nov 28 11:14:37 Tower kernel: read_file: read error 21

Nov 28 11:14:37 Tower kernel: md: could not read superblock from /boot/config/super.dat

Nov 28 11:14:37 Tower kernel: md: initializing superblock

Nov 28 11:14:37 Tower kernel: mdcmd (1): label 090C-1000-0372-615120000220

Nov 28 11:14:37 Tower kernel: write_file: error 21 opening /boot/config/super.dat

Nov 28 11:14:37 Tower kernel: md: could not write superblock file: /boot/config/super.dat

went into the flash drive and found the file exits but with a .CA_BACKUP extension

7FAOR.png

So what exactly happen and how do I fix it, is the usb drive dying? or was this cause by one of power failures? I do have UPS configure so its doing the correct shutdowns. I also have 1 parity drive crap out on me recently and was replace about 2 weeks ago with a WD Red drive not sure if this cause a problem.

I have multiple backups of my flash drive going back 3 months which are push to backblaze B2 cloud storage encrypted twice a month as well as local backups I downloaded from the flash backup option under the flash device settings. 

Do I just make a copy of super.dat.CA_BACKUP and rename it to super.dat or is this a more serious issue?

Edited by sickb0y
fix details

So I follow the tutorial on the wiki page to replace the usb drive, flashed a new Samsung USB drive with the backup flash zip file, rebooted, click on  "invalid, missing or expired registration key" link under the Main menu, Then I have two options; either Purchase Key or Trial key I don't have the option to "replace key" :/ so how do I get my pro key back

Thanks guys I copy the .PLUS .PRO key files along with a few folders (the USB app didn't copy everything it seems like it just created a stock image and left out my config, packages, & pre-clear_reports etc pretty much any custom folder ), rebooted, was finally given the option to replace the key. Replace it, got the email, enter new URL key, finally rebooted once more and is now remembering my drives and all plugins, dockers, vms, folders rights are back to normal :)

thanks a ton😄

Edited by sickb0y
added details