XFS Errors, disk unmountable

unevent

Looking for advice on cause and how to do xfs_repair without causing further damage.  Oldest diagnostics syslog had bunch of errors, looks to be caused after file system was taken offline after xfs error.  Powered down and checked SATA cables, brought back up and disk 2 was unmountable and left it for advice to minimize loss.

Edit: Ran xfs_repair -n on disk2 and it is a mess (1900+ lines).  Last parity sync was 14 days ago and was clean. Format and rebuild?  Replace disk2 and rebuild?

Edited by unevent

Thanks for the help.  I had started array in maintenance mode and still showed unmountable.  Remember stories inthe past about starting array with a troubled disk and loosing data.  Started array normally and now sorting through lost+found to see what I need to replace.  Thanks again.

14 hours ago, trurl said:

When doing filesystem repair you should capture exactly your input and the resulting output so you can post them.

I have the logs.  Just had no need to post drive contents to the world.  Lost 1.25TB on this drive.  Perhaps a feature request is to halt parity when xfs reports first error so instead of parity protecting the corruption it keeps the parity intact as much as possible.  Seven plus years with unRaid and first case of corruption and with xfs and data loss.  No power loss, no unclean shutdowns.