Why is my cache drive full?

20 minutes ago, Raz31337 said:

I unticked the use cache part of my share,

Was it set to use cache yes or prefer?  If yes, then you have to set it back to yes and then run mover from the Main Tab.

21 minutes ago, Raz31337 said:

Not sure what the cache drive is for if I can't "use it" ... but anywho... I'm just learning :)

You can use it to speed up writes to shares.  Myself, I just use it to store the appdata for docker apps.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Was it set to use cache yes or prefer?  If yes, then you have to set it back to yes and then run mover from the Main Tab.

You can use it to speed up writes to shares.  Myself, I just use it to store the appdata for docker apps.

Thanks, that worked :) What is the docker? what kinda apps can I run from there? I managed to get transmission installed as a plugin, super nice having my torrent client running on the unraid box, I like it. I wonder if I can get Medusa (sickrage fork) to run on there too.

2 hours ago, Raz31337 said:

Thanks, that worked :) What is the docker? what kinda apps can I run from there? I managed to get transmission installed as a plugin, super nice having my torrent client running on the unraid box, I like it. I wonder if I can get Medusa (sickrage fork) to run on there too.

How did you get transmission installed as a plugin? All transmission plugins are deprecated and that type of application should definitely be a docker.

There are literally hundreds of docker applications available for Unraid, including transmission.

Remove that transmission plugin. The very first plugin you should install is Community Applications, and use it to install dockers and any other plugins.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/

On 12/6/2019 at 11:16 PM, trurl said:

How did you get transmission installed as a plugin? All transmission plugins are deprecated and that type of application should definitely be a docker.

There are literally hundreds of docker applications available for Unraid, including transmission.

Remove that transmission plugin. The very first plugin you should install is Community Applications, and use it to install dockers and any other plugins.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/

Dope! Yes, it's working well as a Docker app :) 

It does seem that whenever Transmission is downloading a few torrents, I am unable to stream via SMB to my KODI computer upstairs from the unRaid - read speed goes between 30mbit to 1mbit, if I stop downloading in transmision, I get 30-40mbit consistently (not fast, but definitely enough to stream 1080p)

any idea what the deal is?

mondo-diagnostics-20191209-0749.zip

23 minutes ago, Raz31337 said:

It does seem that whenever Transmission is downloading a few torrents, I am unable to stream via SMB to my KODI computer upstairs from the unRaid - read speed goes between 30mbit to 1mbit, if I stop downloading in transmision, I get 30-40mbit consistently (not fast, but definitely enough to stream 1080p)

any idea what the deal is?

There is a known issue in the 6.7.2 release where writing files can adversely affect read performance on other files.   This has been rectified in the 6.8 RC release (expected to soon to become the new Stable release)