[Support] AMJidovu - GoAutoYT

5 minutes ago, Jidovu Marius Adrian said:

You can do that if somehow that file is owned by other user.

What I don't understand - I deleted the download folder. For me that is /mnt/user/media/videos/Youtube

The docker obviously re-created it upon relaunch. I started a playlist download. I navigated to the Youtube folder from my windows VM and am getting a permission error. 

1 minute ago, ice pube said:

What I don't understand - I deleted the download folder. For me that is /mnt/user/media/videos/Youtube

The docker obviously re-created it upon relaunch. I started a playlist download. I navigated to the Youtube folder from my windows VM and am getting a permission error. 

You need to change the default download folder inside the docker container.

Mounted Downloads Folder: /mnt/user/appdata/go-auto-yt/downloads

Replace /mnt/user/appdata/go-auto-yt/downloads with your folder location.

2 minutes ago, Jidovu Marius Adrian said:

You need to change the default download folder inside the docker container.

Mounted Downloads Folder: /mnt/user/appdata/go-auto-yt/downloads

Replace /mnt/user/appdata/go-auto-yt/downloads with your folder location.

I did that. 

yt.jpg

yt 2.jpg

Edited by ice pube

Damn fine job on this. Only thing I am really missing over the manual YT-DL over CLI route is being able to easily get the thumbnails, captions and other metadata. Otherwise this is a nice, and more importantly, easy way to do this. I am eagerly awaiting how this app shapes up in the future for those couple niggling prerequisites I need to toss this in full production mode on my server. Thanks a heap for taking the time to do this.

Would be epic to be able to scan the directory and make sure each video is present and to fill in the gaps even if they are randomly missing. Friend of mine made a python script that does that sort of thing. Maybe a list of the videos on a channel and the ability to skip? I know these are more wish list items for long in the future but I thought I would add my two cents as to how awesome I can see this thing getting.

Again, thanks, and good work!

22 hours ago, Jidovu Marius Adrian said:

That is because the main folder is owned by root, you need to create another unraid user and give all the permissions to that user and after that you need to use that user when you access unraid files over the network.

In other words authenticate.

I'm curious, why have this limitation/restriction?  I ran into the same permissions issue but I don't see this behavior in similar dockers (nzbget, syncthing, etc) that create and access files on my public shares.

Edit: Changing the UMASK to 0022 fixes this permission issue.  The project as outlined on github uses 022 as the default, but for some reason my docker was set to 044 which was too restrictive for my use case.

image.png.21cb076ff9410d408fa2ac0f6755d1b1.png

Edited by liquidate
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, liquidate said:

I'm curious, why have this limitation/restriction?  I ran into the same permissions issue but I don't see this behavior in similar dockers (nzbget, syncthing, etc) that create and access files on my public shares.

Edit: Changing the UMASK to 0022 fixes this permission issue.  The project as outlined on github uses 022 as the default, but for some reason my docker was set to 044 which was too restrictive for my use case.

image.png.21cb076ff9410d408fa2ac0f6755d1b1.png

I changed the template to use umask 0022. I forgot to change it in the template before uploading it and I did not look into the live template to notice it... my bad.

The change will be live in ~2 hours or less.

Edited by Jidovu Marius Adrian
On 12/8/2019 at 8:24 PM, subagon said:

Bug report...

If I enter the following string in "Enter custom youtube-dl output" and click "Add channel and download" I get an error after a few seconds.

/Kurzgesagt [UCsXVk37bltHxD1rDPwtNM8Q]/%(release_date)s %(title)s [%(id)s].%(ext)s

If I replace the spaces with underscores, it works.

Spaces in commands has been fixed.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:26 AM, cammelspit said:

Damn fine job on this. Only thing I am really missing over the manual YT-DL over CLI route is being able to easily get the thumbnails, captions and other metadata. Otherwise this is a nice, and more importantly, easy way to do this. I am eagerly awaiting how this app shapes up in the future for those couple niggling prerequisites I need to toss this in full production mode on my server. Thanks a heap for taking the time to do this.

Would be epic to be able to scan the directory and make sure each video is present and to fill in the gaps even if they are randomly missing. Friend of mine made a python script that does that sort of thing. Maybe a list of the videos on a channel and the ability to skip? I know these are more wish list items for long in the future but I thought I would add my two cents as to how awesome I can see this thing getting.

Again, thanks, and good work!

Added to the list of feature requests.

On 12/10/2019 at 11:23 PM, ice pube said:

The docker template was changed to use 0022 umask for the folders which should fix your issue.

To remove the root folder and all its contents you can use unraid terminal to do that with the following command:

rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/go-auto-yt

If you changed the root folder in the docker template then change "go-auto-yt" with the name of the folder you speciffied in the docker template.

After you do that edit the docker template of the application on the "User File Creation MASK ( UMASK ):" tab and click edit then replace 0044 with 0022 and click save.

I was very tired that day and I totally forgot that the application uses umask and I had it setup to 0044 in the live docker template.

I am sorry, my bad.

hi i am loving this. thanks for the work. 

i want to get a whole Chanel with meta data so i can add to plex. i have the plex agent to scan youtube but this seems not to be working. could some one add to this  so that i can get the file in a folder with the name ect. 

/channels/%(uploader)s/audio/%(title)s.%(ext)s --metadata 

6 minutes ago, capduncan said:

i want to get a whole Chanel with meta data so i can add to plex. i have the plex agent to scan youtube but this seems not to be working. could some one add to this  so that i can get the file in a folder with the name ect. 

Metadata is not supported yet.

45 minutes ago, capduncan said:

I use this Plex Library Agent to scrape youtube metadata, https://github.com/ZeroQI/YouTube-Agent.bundle It works fine, but is very picky about how you name your files and directories.

Example file naming, The directory must match the name of the channel plus the channel ID in brackets. Each episode must have a sequence number to work with Plex, the numbers are up to you. I normally use the year followed by an episode number I make up. I add the episode title, not sure if it's required, plus the youtube episode ID in brackets (required). The agent uses the ID's and channel name to find and scrape the metadata. One more thing, you can't place the episode files in subdirectories, it breaks the library agent.

image.thumb.png.06bb1aff813b87e4e8344acb5110fe35.png

Example screenshot of a youtube video with scraped metadata.

image.thumb.png.8bd845cfae88c320073b33e039b482ee.png

Edited by subagon
2 minutes ago, subagon said:

I use this Plex Library Agent to scrape youtube metadata, https://github.com/ZeroQI/YouTube-Agent.bundle It works fine, but is very picky about how you name your files and directories.

Example screenshot of a youtube video with scraped metadata.

image.thumb.png.8bd845cfae88c320073b33e039b482ee.png

I do not think it will be long until metadata is added since is just one extra command on top of the actual command.

13 minutes ago, Jidovu Marius Adrian said:

I do not think it will be long until metadata is added since is just one extra command on top of the actual command.

That will be great. This agent is very picky and I don't think the author is actively supporting it any longer.

So are you saying goautoyt will interface with Plex in order to scrape metadata? I know youtube-dl can save thumbnails and metadata to a json file, but that doesn't get the metadata into Plex and I couldn't fine a Plex Library Agent that imports metadata from a json file.

Edited by subagon
1 hour ago, subagon said:

That will be great. This agent is very picky and I don't think the author is actively supporting it any longer.

So are you saying goautoyt will interface with Plex in order to scrape metadata? I know youtube-dl can save thumbnails and metadata to a json file, but that doesn't get the metadata into Plex and I couldn't fine a Plex Library Agent that imports metadata from a json file.

It will save it in the same format as youtube-dl.

Probably you will need something like this then.

Local Metadata Agent

Github link with the source code:

LocalMetadata-Agent.bundle

Different ones:

YouTube-Agent.bundle

lankz JSON.bundle

If you find something better post it.

Edited by Jidovu Marius Adrian
1 hour ago, Jidovu Marius Adrian said:

It will save it in the same format as youtube-dl.

Probably you will need something like this then.

Local Metadata Agent

Github link with the source code:

LocalMetadata-Agent.bundle

Different ones:

YouTube-Agent.bundle

lankz JSON.bundle

If you find something better post it.

The third one you listed is what I'm using now and listed is a few of my previous post in this thread. The fourth one is very old and I contacted the author but they didn't seem to be interested in maintaining the code any longer.

I'll need to look at the first two to see if the json layout is the same as the layout from youtube-dl, but as of now the YouTube-Agent.bundle works well for me as long as I follow the naming rules required by it. As I said earlier, my biggest problem is I don't have the ability to automate the addition of a sequence number to the downloaded files (s2019e23), record the sequence number and increment it for the next file from the youtube channel. I think I requested this feature in an earlier post.

4 minutes ago, subagon said:

The third one you listed is what I'm using now and listed is a few of my previous post in this thread. The fourth one is very old and I contacted the author but they didn't seem to be interested in maintaining the code any longer.

I'll need to look at the first two to see if the json layout is the same as the layout from youtube-dl, but as of now the YouTube-Agent.bundle works well for me as long as I follow the naming rules required by it. As I said earlier, my biggest problem is I don't have the ability to automate the addition of a sequence number to the downloaded files (s2019e23), record the sequence number and increment it for the next file from the youtube channel. I think I requested this feature in an earlier post.

Not sure if you did or not, but can you formulate it as a request and post it here and with an example.

Also say how would you prefer to have the data saved other then json if lets say was possible to implement it in go-auto-yt. ( not that would be a priority but maybe down the road there will be a way to make it possible )

image.png.3300dd1196491c6b237b343c12f57661.png

I have issue when trying to download video that it doesn't switch to video format e.g. mp4

+ I would like to save list of custom path , something like sonarr

Thanks for great docker image it works wonderfully with audio content 

Edited by Zyzto
1 hour ago, INTEL said:

If I'm downloading playlist, what should I put in custom download path so it doestn't create folder for every song in playlist, instead just one folder where whole playlist should be downloaded?

Would like to know as well, if I try to enter in a custom path it doesn't replace the default path it just adds to it which defeats the purpose.