[Support] AMJidovu - GoAutoYT

{"level":"info","msg":"received a request to get all videos","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:09Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"getting all videos from videos.json","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:09Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"successfully read all channels","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:09Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"received a request to download a video","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:25Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"{https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_jk9D2e5q0 Video And Audio m4a medium /videos/%(uploader)s/%(title)s.%(ext)s%(uploader)s/video/%(title)s.%(ext)s}","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:25Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"downloading video","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:25Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"{ youtube-dl bestvideo[ext=m4a] downloads/videos/%(uploader)s/%(title)s.%(ext)s%(uploader)s/video/%(title)s.%(ext)s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_jk9D2e5q0}","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:25Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"executing youtube-dl command: /usr/local/bin/youtube-dl -f bestvideo[ext=m4a] -o downloads/videos/%(uploader)s/%(title)s.%(ext)s%(uploader)s/video/%(title)s.%(ext)s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_jk9D2e5q0","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:25Z"}
{"level":"error","msg":"There was an error downloading the video: [youtube] g_jk9D2e5q0: Downloading webpage\n[youtube] g_jk9D2e5q0: Downloading video info webpage\nERROR: requested format not available\n","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:29Z"}

cant get this working at all. trying to dlownload video and audio, m4a/best/medium. mp3 doesn't work either

There was an error while downloading the video: DownloadVideo: [youtube] g_jk9D2e5q0: Downloading webpage [youtube] g_jk9D2e5q0: Downloading video info webpage ERROR: requested format not available

Edited by ffhelllskjdje
On 12/25/2019 at 2:42 PM, ffhelllskjdje said:

{"level":"info","msg":"received a request to get all videos","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:09Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"getting all videos from videos.json","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:09Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"successfully read all channels","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:09Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"received a request to download a video","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:25Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"{https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_jk9D2e5q0 Video And Audio m4a medium /videos/%(uploader)s/%(title)s.%(ext)s%(uploader)s/video/%(title)s.%(ext)s}","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:25Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"downloading video","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:25Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"{ youtube-dl bestvideo[ext=m4a] downloads/videos/%(uploader)s/%(title)s.%(ext)s%(uploader)s/video/%(title)s.%(ext)s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_jk9D2e5q0}","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:25Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"executing youtube-dl command: /usr/local/bin/youtube-dl -f bestvideo[ext=m4a] -o downloads/videos/%(uploader)s/%(title)s.%(ext)s%(uploader)s/video/%(title)s.%(ext)s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_jk9D2e5q0","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:25Z"}
{"level":"error","msg":"There was an error downloading the video: [youtube] g_jk9D2e5q0: Downloading webpage\n[youtube] g_jk9D2e5q0: Downloading video info webpage\nERROR: requested format not available\n","time":"2019-12-25T13:43:29Z"}

cant get this working at all. trying to dlownload video and audio, m4a/best/medium. mp3 doesn't work either

There was an error while downloading the video: DownloadVideo: [youtube] g_jk9D2e5q0: Downloading webpage [youtube] g_jk9D2e5q0: Downloading video info webpage ERROR: requested format not available

Sorry for answering this late ( being really busy irl ).

All will be fixed pretty soon, it just takes a little bit more time because of holidays and such.

Edited by Jidovu Marius Adrian
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just got back from holidays and the docker is working pretty good now.

One thing I have started to notice is that every once and a while (maybe when it does it's check for new videos) the docker will consume 100% CPU on my server (As shown on the dashboard) and slow down everything else.

This has happened before though while pre-clearing disks and it wasn't the CPU that was maxing it, it was the IO wait time increasing.

It goes straight back to normal when i kill the auto-yt docker.

What information can I provide to help diagnose it?

On 1/10/2020 at 4:52 AM, Redxd said:

I've just got back from holidays and the docker is working pretty good now.

One thing I have started to notice is that every once and a while (maybe when it does it's check for new videos) the docker will consume 100% CPU on my server (As shown on the dashboard) and slow down everything else.

This has happened before though while pre-clearing disks and it wasn't the CPU that was maxing it, it was the IO wait time increasing.

It goes straight back to normal when i kill the auto-yt docker.

What information can I provide to help diagnose it?

You can open an issue on github here.

Is there a way to download a youtube channel and sort the videos in folders for each playlist they are in?

I've tried youtube-dl outputs like /channel/%(uploader)s/%(playlist)s/%(title)s.%(ext)s, but it just puts everythin in a subfolder called "Uploads from (and the channel name)".

I've got the output to work when downloading only one specific playlist in the Playlist tab, but not in the Channels tab.

I would like if it's possible to have GoAutoYT to listen to specific youtube channels and download any new video and put them in the corresponding playlist folder that the video was published to.

35 minutes ago, ffhelllskjdje said:

docker just updated this morning and now i'm getting this error message.

{"level":"error","msg":"database.load: could not read file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field DownloadTarget.CheckingInterval of type int","time":"2020-01-12T12:05:00Z"}

Do you have the json config files in the config folder with the read and write permissions?

2 hours ago, LordShaaver said:

Is there a way to download a youtube channel and sort the videos in folders for each playlist they are in?

I've tried youtube-dl outputs like /channel/%(uploader)s/%(playlist)s/%(title)s.%(ext)s, but it just puts everythin in a subfolder called "Uploads from (and the channel name)".

I've got the output to work when downloading only one specific playlist in the Playlist tab, but not in the Channels tab.

I would like if it's possible to have GoAutoYT to listen to specific youtube channels and download any new video and put them in the corresponding playlist folder that the video was published to.

You can make a request for a feature here.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:15 PM, Jidovu Marius Adrian said:

Do you have the json config files in the config folder with the read and write permissions?

I've just updated the docker as well and i'm getting the same error message. Docker doesn't even start.

usermod: no changes
groupmod: GID '100' already exists
{"level":"info","msg":"Initiating db","time":"2020-01-14T07:23:08Z"}
{"level":"error","msg":"database.load: could not read file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field DownloadTarget.CheckingInterval of type int","time":"2020-01-14T07:23:08Z"}

{"level":"fatal","msg":"\u003cnil\u003e","time":"2020-01-14T07:23:08Z"}

I also removed the image completely and re-downloaded it just in case, still same issue. I checked the permissions on the json config files and they are exactly the same as what's set in the docker config.

Edited by Redxd
10 hours ago, Redxd said:

I've just updated the docker as well and i'm getting the same error message. Docker doesn't even start.

usermod: no changes
{"level":"info","msg":"Initiating db","time":"2020-01-14T07:23:08Z"}
{"level":"error","msg":"database.load: could not read file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field DownloadTarget.CheckingInterval of type int","time":"2020-01-14T07:23:08Z"}

{"level":"fatal","msg":"\u003cnil\u003e","time":"2020-01-14T07:23:08Z"}

I also removed the image completely and re-downloaded it just in case, still same issue. I checked the permissions on the json config files and they are exactly the same as what's set in the docker config.

Same here

• 1 month later...

everytime i try to ad  a channel, i get this error...

There was an error getting channel metadata: From c.GetMetadata(): ERROR: Signature extraction failed: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/extractor/youtube.py", line 1384, in _decrypt_signature video_id, player_url, s File "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/extractor/youtube.py", line 1297, in _extract_signature_function cache_res = res(test_string) File "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/extractor/youtube.py", line 1360, in return lambda s: initial_function() File "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/jsinterp.py", line 258, in resf res, abort = self.interpret_statement(stmt, local_vars) File "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/jsinterp.py", line 56, in interpret_statement v = self.interpret_expression(expr, local_vars, allow_recursion) File "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/jsinterp.py", line 92, in interpret_expression m.group('expr'), local_vars, allow_recursion - 1) File "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/jsinterp.py", line 189, in interpret_expression m.group('x'), local_vars, allow_recursion - 1) File "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/jsinterp.py", line 56, in interpret_statement v = self.interpret_expression(expr, local_vars, allow_recursion) File "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/jsinterp.py", line 189, in interpret_expression m.group('x'), local_vars, allow_recursion - 1) File "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/jsinterp.py", line 56, in interpret_statement v = self.interpret_expression(expr, local_vars, allow_recursion) File "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/jsinterp.py", line 211, in interpret_expression raise ExtractorError('Unsupported JS expression %r' % expr) ExtractorError: Unsupported JS expression u'[288476836,561560257,null,895817775,function(c,d){d=(d'; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Make sure you are using the latest version; type youtube-dl -U to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output. (caused by ExtractorError(u"Unsupported JS expression u'[288476836,561560257,null,895817775,function(c,d){d=(d'; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Make sure you are using the latest version; type youtube-dl -U to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output.",)); please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Make sure you are using the latest version; type youtube-dl -U to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
34 minutes ago, fnwc said:

I successfully downloaded a video, but was unable to move the file out of the destination directory. Perhaps it's a permission issue on the file?

Have you changed anything to the docker template?

Normally you should be able to move/delete the files inside the main folder but not the folder itself.

Goautoyt is being completely rewritten and will come under the name Golty and I can not give any ETA because it will be released as version 1.0 to be stable and have as many suggested features as possible.

That issue might not be fixed on this version ( I am speaking about Goautoyt not Golty). Best I can do right now is to add it to the bug list.

I am sorry I can not help more but right now I am stuck in Germany for a month or so because I had an accident to the left hand and I am using only my right hand and I am also using a laptop instead of my desktop.

Having an issue with the permissions for this container. I'm trying to set the GID to 100 just like the rest of my containers but it keeps settings the permissions on all it's files to GID 101. Any idea what's going on with this? I see the below in the logs when starting the container ...

but I don't see this error for other groups that exist on the host, I'm guessing this is something it's trying to do inside the container. How can I run this container with GID 100?

With Youtube URL's now changed, has anyone figured out how to download a full channel when 'Usernames' are no longer being accepted?

{"level":"error","msg":"There was an error downloading the video: ERROR: u'' is not a valid URL. Set --default-search \"ytsearch\" (or run youtube-dl \"ytsearch:\" ) to search YouTube\n[youtube:user] destinws2: Downloading channel page\n[youtube:playlist] UU6107grRI4m0o2-emgoDnAA: Downloading webpage\n[download] Downloading playlist: Uploads from SmarterEveryDay\n[youtube:playlist] UU6107grRI4m0o2-emgoDnAA: Downloading page #1\nERROR: u'content_html'\n","time":"2020-07-27T13:50:46Z"}

{"level":"info","msg":"returning response: {Error ERROR_DOWNLOADING There was an error downloading the target Download: DownloadVideo: ERROR: u'' is not a valid URL. Set --default-search \"ytsearch\" (or run youtube-dl \"ytsearch:\" ) to search YouTube\n[youtube:user] destinws2: Downloading channel page\n[youtube:playlist] UU6107grRI4m0o2-emgoDnAA: Downloading webpage\n[download] Downloading playlist: Uploads from SmarterEveryDay\n[youtube:playlist] UU6107grRI4m0o2-emgoDnAA: Downloading page #1\nERROR: u'content_html'\n}","time":"2020-07-27T13:50:46Z"}

• 3 weeks later...

Getting a lot of HTTP 429 errors in the last week from this docker. This docker worked for several days and was able to download videos just fine before this.

I am still able to use something like tartube from a windows pc and download videos using youtube-dl. No 429 errors on that. Both systems are behind the same public IP.

{"level":"info","msg":"Initiating db","time":"2020-08-13T23:29:05Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"server running on port 8080","time":"2020-08-13T23:29:05Z"}
{"level":"error","msg":"uploadCheckerPlaylists: GetCheckingInterval: empty target list","time":"2020-08-13T23:29:05Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"received a request to get the checking interval","time":"2020-08-13T23:32:15Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"getting all channels from channels.json","time":"2020-08-13T23:32:15Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"Returning checking-interval: {15 minutes Channel}","time":"2020-08-13T23:32:15Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"successfully read all channels","time":"2020-08-13T23:32:15Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"[{https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLtREJY21xRfCuEKvdki1Kw WeeOkvkEYUU Video And Audio Uploads from H3 Podcast  any [GSw5YvHhGUg] 08-06-2020 20:39:35 15 minutes Channel /channels/%(uploader)s/video/%(title)s.%(ext)s}]","time":"2020-08-13T23:32:15Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"received a request to check a playlist for new uploads","time":"2020-08-13T23:33:20Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"checking for new videos","time":"2020-08-13T23:33:20Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"getting all channels from channels.json","time":"2020-08-13T23:33:20Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"successfully read all channels","time":"2020-08-13T23:33:20Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"[{https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLtREJY21xRfCuEKvdki1Kw WeeOkvkEYUU Video And Audio Uploads from H3 Podcast  any [GSw5YvHhGUg] 08-06-2020 20:39:35 15 minutes Channel /channels/%(uploader)s/video/%(title)s.%(ext)s}]","time":"2020-08-13T23:33:20Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"executing youtube-dl command: /usr/local/bin/youtube-dl -j --playlist-end 1 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLtREJY21xRfCuEKvdki1Kw","time":"2020-08-13T23:33:20Z"}
{"level":"error","msg":"From GetMetadata(): exit status 1","time":"2020-08-13T23:33:23Z"}
{"level":"info","msg":"returning response: {Error ERROR_CHECKING_PLAYLIST There was an error while checking the playlist: CheckNow: From c.GetMetadata(): ERROR: Unable to download webpage: HTTP Error 429: Too Many Requests (caused by HTTPError()); please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Make sure you are using the latest version; type  youtube-dl -U  to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output.\n}","time":"2020-08-13T23:33:23Z"}

• 9 months later...

hello,

i want to download the video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ympKeLTzptY  )

but i have this error:

wath is zhe right url ?

Thanks, Peter

There was an error while downloading the video: DownloadVideo: [youtube] ympKeLTzptY: Downloading webpage [youtube] ympKeLTzptY: Downloading video info webpage WARNING: unable to download video info webpage: HTTP Error 404: Not Found WARNING: unable to download video info webpage: HTTP Error 404: Not Found WARNING: unable to download video info webpage: HTTP Error 404: Not Found WARNING: unable to download video info webpage: HTTP Error 404: Not Found ERROR: ympKeLTzptY: YouTube said: Unable to extract video data