Windows 10 VM Crashing

I've been having this issue for the past few weeks, where my VM will crash. Then when I reboot it will just freeze and after a few times I can get it to automatic repair. Which also fails but I use the cmd prompt to start a new setup. I'll be able to get into the desktop and will start to install programs. One at a time. at a certain point the screen just goes black with nothing on it. When I check the web page it says the VM is Started still. This is where the cycle continues.... 

Things I've tried:

---------------------------------------------------------

- just restarting

- new driver files

- new windows image

- new creation of the VM

- new VM

Attached is the log for my VM that I'm having this issues with.

image.png

@Alec.Dalessandro I'm by no means attempting to diagnose as I'm just learning but will share a problem I had that may offer some clues.

I'm passing an AMD RTX580. Initially when I started passing it the VM run fine. After a while when the vm was running updates it would automatically pull the "latest" amd driver and subsequently black out and crash. My solution was to login on vnc, delete the amd drivers, prevent/block windows from updating the display driver and starting the vm with pass-through again. The pre-installed driver works fine.

Again, maybe completely unrelated.

19 hours ago, bastl said:

Amd drivers are known for issues when passed through a default Windows10 VM. Setup a VM as Q35 helped a couple people with this issues.

I tried this and as of right now it actually solved the problem, thank you very much!!

Just question though, would this be from the amd trying to get the newest driver from below?

20 hours ago, juan11perez said:

@Alec.Dalessandro I'm by no means attempting to diagnose as I'm just learning but will share a problem I had that may offer some clues.

I'm passing an AMD RTX580. Initially when I started passing it the VM run fine. After a while when the vm was running updates it would automatically pull the "latest" amd driver and subsequently black out and crash. My solution was to login on vnc, delete the amd drivers, prevent/block windows from updating the display driver and starting the vm with pass-through again. The pre-installed driver works fine.

Again, maybe completely unrelated.

Update:

Looks like it has crashed again, WebGUI saying its "started" while nothing is outputted to the screen

Edited by Alec.Dalessandro
Update on result

@Alec.Dalessandro People first had that issue with AMD drivers starting end of 2018. Drivers from october 2018 and earlier hadn't this issue same for the drivers which come with Windows itself. At some point people had issues with windows drivers too. Not sure what the current state is, which drivers work and which not and except for using Q35 what else you have to tweak to fix it. If you search the forums you will find reports from users and maybe a fix.

On 12/10/2019 at 12:33 AM, bastl said:

@Alec.Dalessandro People first had that issue with AMD drivers starting end of 2018. Drivers from october 2018 and earlier hadn't this issue same for the drivers which come with Windows itself. At some point people had issues with windows drivers too. Not sure what the current state is, which drivers work and which not and except for using Q35 what else you have to tweak to fix it. If you search the forums you will find reports from users and maybe a fix.

Using Q35 did you encounter issues with windows activation