Edimax EN-9320TX-E 10GBe Nic Support in future release

Hi

I would like to ask for support of the Edimax EN-9320TX-E 10GBe Nic in future Unraid builds. The chipset appears to be the Tehuti Networks Ltd. TN9710P 10GBase-T/NBASE-T Ethernet Adapter.

I have attached a diagnostic. The card is recognised but does not enable or appear as an interface in network settings, only in System Devices.

Many thanks and hopefully this is something you see fit to add :)

Cheers

alpha-diagnostics-20191209-2056.zip

Added a firmware file per instructions here:

https://github.com/acooks/tn40xx-driver/issues/3

This will appear in 6.8.0 stable release.  It did compile, but you need to test.

Note: the latest Tehuti out-of-tree driver does not currently compile with Linux 5.4.x kernel.  I suggest you contact Tehuti support and let them know that or else you will not be able to upgrade beyond Uraid 6.8.

• 4 weeks later...

I've ordered the BUFFALO LGY-PCIE-MG, which uses a Tahuti Networks TN4010 chipset. Not sure if it'll work, but I'll give it a go. If it doesn't work, I'll use it in another computer. If it does work, I can order an additional one :)

I thought I'd mention it here, because the chipset might be similar, and driven by the same driver as the one mentioned in the TS.

Well, it works. Kind of.

I don't see any intermittent dropouts, I don't see packet loss, and I do see a 10000Mbps link in the dashboard. It took some fidling, but it seems unRAID is not happy about changing NICs in general - unlikely that it has anything to do with this particular card.

There's just one tiny little itty bitty thing.

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like I can't get any speeds over 1Gb/s. The only viable device in my network, at least for now, is a NAS on a 4x1Gb link aggregation, and that should give it a 4Gb/s combined link. It and the switch are doing that using 802.3ad LACP, which should bundle the 4 NICs instead of spreading them across multiple clients. The switch uplinks to the unRAID server on a true 10GbE connection, as proven by unRAID's dashboard. It should work, but the speeds I'm getting are disappointing at best for a 10GbE card, or even for a 4Gb link. And mind you, my server has SSD's in them, comfortably able to saturate the SATA interfaces. The NAS has 5 drives, capable of 150MB/s each, in a kind of RAID5 configuration, so they too should comfortably be able to get past those pesky 115MB/s.

But the card at least works.

• 1 year later...