Unraid Unresponsive/Hanging

dtrung

I have been having issues with Unraid hanging these past few weeks and I am not exactly sure what is happening. I have no access to SSH and the web GUI, but I have access to the server via IPMI. I have initially though that the RAM might be bad because I got some Bios generated event errors: "OEMMemoryUncorrectable Memory ECC @ DIMM1A(CPU1) - Asserted" so I have swapped out the RAM and ran memtest for 24hrs with no errors and I haven't had the error come back but I still find that the system still hangs. So I dig through my syslog and find out that 3AM last night, the mover was scheduled to run and I got this error: "Dec  9 03:03:23 Yggdrasil crond[2121]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/local/sbin/mover &> /dev/null" I didn't find out that Unraid hung until I got to work. What does this mean? are there other problems that I need to look out for to explain the hanging? I have attached the diagnostics and the these are the specs of the server:

M/B: Supermicro X8DTL Version 1234567890 - s/n: VM19S74596

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version 2.1. Dated: 08/27/11

CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU L5640 @ 2.27GHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Enabled

Cache: 384 KiB, 1536 KiB, 12288 KiB, 384 KiB, 1536 KiB, 12288 KiB

Memory: 32 GiB Other Multi-bit ECC (max. installable capacity 192 GiB)

Network: bond0: fault-tolerance (active-backup), mtu 1500
 eth0: 1000 Mbps, full duplex, mtu 1500
 eth1: 1000 Mbps, full duplex, mtu 1500

Kernel: Linux 4.19.88-Unraid x86_64

OpenSSL: 1.1.1d

yggdrasil-diagnostics-20191209-1311.zip

During bootup, there are 8 hours between consecutive lines in your syslog.

Dec  9 04:49:08 Yggdrasil root: Installing perl-5.30.0 package... 
Dec  9 12:49:22 Yggdrasil nerdpack: Cleaning up packages...

I am guessing this is an artifact rather than an actual elapse of 8 hours, possibly your server adjusted its time somehow. Any idea what might have happened there?

If we subtract out that apparent gap, syslog only contains a few minutes after booting. Go to Settings - Syslog Server and set that up so your syslog can be saved somewhere you can get it after rebooting from hanging.

16 minutes ago, trurl said:

During bootup, there are 8 hours between consecutive lines in your syslog.

Dec  9 04:49:08 Yggdrasil root: Installing perl-5.30.0 package... 
Dec  9 12:49:22 Yggdrasil nerdpack: Cleaning up packages...

I am guessing this is an artifact rather than an actual elapse of 8 hours, possibly your server adjusted its time somehow. Any idea what might have happened there?

If we subtract out that apparent gap, syslog only contains a few minutes after booting. Go to Settings - Syslog Server and set that up so your syslog can be saved somewhere you can get it after rebooting from hanging.

I was looking through my BIOS settings to see if there were anything that looked out of place and I noticed that the server's time was way off so I set it back to the correct time, so that explains the time gap. I am not sure why the time was completely off.

Can I save the syslog to an attached USB drive? I am not sure where else I can save the syslog as the server is the only thing running 24/7. I have it currently saved to a local share.