Mover won't move certain files from cache to array

Hey all,

I have a small problem, my system AMD 1700, X470 mobo and 64 Gigs of ram works wonderfull.

I have a 7x8TB aray (40TB usable) array and a 1TB NVME chache drive.

Only my dockers and in home documents run of the cache and all my media and other stuff should be on the cache.

Problem is that some media files wont move from the cache to the array so now my cache is kinda full.

I have tried setting the media share to use cache "yes" so if the mover is activated the mover should move files from cache to array but it doesnt work.

Also i have tried to choose different setting and activate the mover, nothing works and the files remain on the cache.

Is there any manual way to move files from cache to the array or should i try to eject the cache drive (manually copy and move files i still need) and reinstall the cache again?

Cheers !

Mover can not move files in use.

Mover will not move files from cache to array on Cache No shares.

Mover will not move files from cache to array on Cache Prefer shares.

Mover will move files from array to cache on Cache Prefer shares.

You can attempt to move files manually in many different ways, using the mv command or midnight commander (mc) or Krusader etc.

19 hours ago, Squid said:

Sight unseen without seeing diagnostics, mover will not move anything that is currently open.   This could mean being watched or seeding etc

Hey, thanks !

The files shouldnt be in use as they are old converted VHS tapes wich i just copied to another share wich shouldnt make use of the cache.

Will try to move though the option BRiT sugested.

Cheers!

19 hours ago, BRiT said:

Mover can not move files in use.

Mover will not move files from cache to array on Cache No shares.

Mover will not move files from cache to array on Cache Prefer shares.

Mover will move files from array to cache on Cache Prefer shares.

You can attempt to move files manually in many different ways, using the mv command or midnight commander (mc) or Krusader etc.

Hi, im trying Krusader atm and it seems to work.

I can manually move files from the share folder in the cache drive to the same folder in the array so i think this wil work.

Will report back.

17 minutes ago, Martyzzz said:

I can manually move files from the share folder in the cache drive to the same folder in the array so i think this wil work

Just be sure that you aren't ever working in /mnt/user. All operations of this type must be done from /mnt/diskX or /mnt/cache

You will lose data if you start playing in /mnt/user and don't know what you are doing.

On 12/10/2019 at 8:09 PM, jonathanm said:

Just be sure that you aren't ever working in /mnt/user. All operations of this type must be done from /mnt/diskX or /mnt/cache

You will lose data if you start playing in /mnt/user and don't know what you are doing.

I'm not, i mapped all the physical disks to the docker