New Server - Parity-Sync/Data-Rebuild in progress

IKWeb

I have just setup my new server (totally new to UNRAID) and assigned my disks. 

UNRAID is currently doing a Parity Sync - Do I need to wait for this to finish before I can format the drives as they are currently showing under - Unmountable disks present:

Or can I go ahead - format them and start using the system and the Parity check will carry on in the background? 

You can format now, it will take several minutes with v6.7.2, much faster if using v6.8rc.

You can also use the array during the parity sync but is not recommended since both the sync itself and the data transfer will be slower than normal, though data transfer should be better with v6.8, sacrificing the sync.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Johnnie 

Thats fine. It will be a while before its all been used 100% Even tho my drives were find in my Synology NAS - UNRAID is showing errors with 2 drives. 

So once the Parity Sync is done I will need to swap out those 2 disks which are showing as faulty. 

Just want to get Plex installed to keep the kids happy :)

Edited by IKWeb
3 minutes ago, IKWeb said:

From the research I have done - I think replacing them is the best option?

Usually yes, some time these can be false positives, you'll know after the parity check finishes, if there are any errors on the main GUI page for these disks they need replacing, you'll also get notified, if system notifications were configured, and it's highly recommended to do so.

• Thanks 1