Blue iris docker

Hi 

I have found this blue iris docker but I can find the config file 

or a part of it

here are link to the docker

https://hub.docker.com/r/jshridha/blueiris/

the part of config i try to found are this

docker run -d \ --name="BlueIris" \ -p 8080:8080 \ -p 5900:5900 \ -p 81:81 \ -v /path/to/data:/root/prefix32:rw \ jshridha/blueiris

Advanced Options

BlueIris version 5 is supported by default. If you'd like to run BlueIris 4, set the environmental variable: BLUEIRIS_VERISION=4

I want to change -v/path/.......

to a share in my array

because all changes I do in blue iris  will not be save if I edit anything in te docker

also want to know where to put Icon for blue iris to show correct icon under docker tab

Edited by Darnshelm
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

@Darnshelm I am very interested in this also.  I am an extreme newb, but I do learn fast.  I have recently set up unRaid and am currently waiting for the parity check to finish.  I have been watching videos and playing with what I can.  I have a new machine that I decided to take the plunge with.

AMD 3900X

MSI X570 prestige creation

EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Super

64Gb GSkill TridentZ 3600

LianLi 011 Dynamic Case

I found myself studying unRaid for the past two weeks!

About a month ago I purchased a license key for Blue Iris 5.  I installed it on a separate machine and then found that I wanted to build a gaming rig.  This led me to install unRaid on this beast of a machine that I am running now.  I was hoping to get BI 5 installed, but I see that the only thing supported in CA is ZoneMinder.  I would very much like to be able to run BI 5 on my server.  Alternatively I was going to simply run it on another machine, but I found your post!

Thank you and am I am following.

Vr -lpd

@mlapaglia Thanks1  Yeah I still have yet to even play with VMs.  I am patiently waiting until I have parity done.  What you've said is most likely what I will do.  I am still using a simple NVR, but it will be nice to get the 4T drive from it to add to my array as well!

Edited by leftpawdog
typo
  • 3 months later...

Did anyone have any luck with this? I'm no expert with Unraid or Linux  - have had it for ~ 8 years now and the UNRAID server has been working fine, but I've never had time to do more than file serving with it till now.  I just acquired some IP cams and want to get BI going without dedicating another discrete machine to the task.  I managed to get the BI docker loaded and can see my cameras, but there is an issue I'm having trouble getting around..

No matter what network settings I have tried, I cannot access the cameras via the web interface on LAN or WAN.  Seems like the WINE has some sort of firewall built in.  I forward the port, but the web page will not connect remotely or locally. Canyouseeme confirms the port (81) is not blocked by isp. - Tried Bridge and Host - No luck. - 8080 noip vnc works fine on  LAN and WAN network.

I have installed BI on another PC running win 10  and can access it via the web page on LAN or WAN.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Am on the verge of giving up and using a VM instead. Just seems like a huge waste of resources when the Docker is so close to working.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 6:27 AM, mskerman said:

Did anyone have any luck with this? I'm no expert with Unraid or Linux  - have had it for ~ 8 years now and the UNRAID server has been working fine, but I've never had time to do more than file serving with it till now.  I just acquired some IP cams and want to get BI going without dedicating another discrete machine to the task.  I managed to get the BI docker loaded and can see my cameras, but there is an issue I'm having trouble getting around..

No matter what network settings I have tried, I cannot access the cameras via the web interface on LAN or WAN.  Seems like the WINE has some sort of firewall built in.  I forward the port, but the web page will not connect remotely or locally. Canyouseeme confirms the port (81) is not blocked by isp. - Tried Bridge and Host - No luck. - 8080 noip vnc works fine on  LAN and WAN network.

I have installed BI on another PC running win 10  and can access it via the web page on LAN or WAN.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Am on the verge of giving up and using a VM instead. Just seems like a huge waste of resources when the Docker is so close to working.

I can get this up and running by modifying a shell file within the docker container itself.  However I am curious why the environment variable BLUEIRIS_VERSION=4 does not work.

@xhaloz  Thanks for that hint.. any chance of a little more detail regarding the shell file modification and how to do it. - I'm no expert, but would really like to get it going.  I did end up using a VM, and BI is running fine on it, but would still like to use the docker instead to save resources if possible.

• 4 months later...

Hi to all!

Has any of you get blue iris to work? I've been struggling with shinoby and i'm getting enough of it and I've seen the blue iris software very interesting. 

So I was thinking in get a Window VM working and sharing an unassigned device for recording video footage and leaving the array aside (there is no need to be storing the video footage in the array since it would make it work all day) but I did not succeed, I had a problem sharing the Unassigned drive.

I've seen that there is a Blue Iris docker but I don't know how to install it, Does any of you know?

Thanks!