[KERNEL] 6.8.0-RC5 w/ navi reset v2, vega reset, k10temp Ryzen patches, x570 onboard audio fix

Hi Rachid,

No ACS patch works as well. I left it on ACS patch, knowing that the difference wasn't a deal breaker.

I've tried to put unRaid flash on a different USB controller, however that doesn't work because then the other 2 usb controllers cannot be bound if the the flash drive is on them. This includes the USB 2 controller that has the Corsair commander and 2 x node cores on, which means I cannot pass them to the Windows 10 VM as the two node cores appear as identical.

• 2 months later...

With unRaid moving to version 10 and using Linux kernal 5.15.27, is this issue resolved?

I can't test it, as I'm running breaking in a new parity disk, which will take a while.

If you see here;

This mentions the issue and the driver file that needs patching

In kernal 5.15.27 the quirks.c file specifically patches this issue see line 5300;

Git linux kernal quirks.c file

Posted here for convenience:

/* * FLR may cause the following to devices to hang: * * AMD Starship/Matisse HD Audio Controller 0x1487 * AMD Starship USB 3.0 Host Controller 0x148c * AMD Matisse USB 3.0 Host Controller 0x149c * Intel 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet Controller 0x1502 * Intel 82579V Gigabit Ethernet Controller 0x1503 * */ static void quirk_no_flr(struct pci_dev *dev) { dev->dev_flags |= PCI_DEV_FLAGS_NO_FLR_RESET; } DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_AMD, 0x1487, quirk_no_flr); DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_AMD, 0x148c, quirk_no_flr); DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_AMD, 0x149c, quirk_no_flr); DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL, 0x1502, quirk_no_flr); DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL, 0x1503, quirk_no_flr); static void quirk_no_ext_tags(struct pci_dev *pdev) { struct pci_host_bridge *bridge = pci_find_host_bridge(pdev->bus); if (!bridge) return; bridge->no_ext_tags = 1; pci_info(pdev, "disabling Extended Tags (this device can't handle them)\n"); pci_walk_bus(bridge->bus, pci_configure_extended_tags, NULL); } DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_SERVERWORKS, 0x0132, quirk_no_ext_tags); DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_SERVERWORKS, 0x0140, quirk_no_ext_tags); DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_SERVERWORKS, 0x0141, quirk_no_ext_tags); DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_SERVERWORKS, 0x0142, quirk_no_ext_tags); DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_SERVERWORKS, 0x0144, quirk_no_ext_tags); DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_SERVERWORKS, 0x0420, quirk_no_ext_tags); DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_SERVERWORKS, 0x0422, quirk_no_ext_tags);

This looks right to me, but there are more experienced people on here. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

I've tested this and passed through my digital audio, normal audio and Nvidia HDMI audio.

All working and surviving multiple VM resets and I only tried one server reboot and it survived that as well.

It does eventually fall over though, assuming the device cannot be reset, creating the FLR issue.

If unRaid 6.10 rc4 is on linux kernal 5.15 and it says this in the quirks.c file;

/*
 * FLR may cause the following to devices to hang:
 * AMD Starship/Matisse HD Audio Controller 0x1487
 * AMD Starship USB 3.0 Host Controller 0x148c
 * AMD Matisse USB 3.0 Host Controller 0x149c
 * Intel 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet Controller 0x1502
 * Intel 82579V Gigabit Ethernet Controller 0x1503
 */
static void quirk_no_flr(struct pci_dev *dev)
{
	dev->dev_flags |= PCI_DEV_FLAGS_NO_FLR_RESET;
}
DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_AMD, 0x1487, quirk_no_flr);
DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_AMD, 0x148c, quirk_no_flr);
DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_AMD, 0x149c, quirk_no_flr);
DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL, 0x1502, quirk_no_flr);
DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY(PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL, 0x1503, quirk_no_flr);

This should correct the issue. I'm trying to figure out if unRaid still needs patching or I'm passing this through incorrectly.