Unraid OS version 6.8 available

limetech

1 hour ago, Unraid_Noob said:

Simple question: how do I remove script files located on the USB. I got an error message telling me Read-only file system

You can do this either from the command line or by inserting the flash drive into a PC/Mac and doing it from there.  The enhanced security settings for the flash drive will not let you do it over the network.

Is there any specific reason you want to do it just now (in case I am missing something)?

39 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Since nobody else seems to be encountering this issue (and those pages work fine for me) I suspect it is something non-obvious and  specific to your system.  

Unless you can provided the diagnostic zip file from your system when the problem was encountered it will be impossible to diagnose the cause.

I'm seeing this issue as well, plus all of my installed plugins are listed as status "unknown". Diagnostics attached, thanks!

unraid-diagnostics-20191211-0917.zip

16 minutes ago, lockntross said:

Thanks, i think?

Just FYI - you come off a bit haughty and completely unhelpful.

There are many IT Pros here that use UnRAID -- but many more that are amateurs that use it. You should tune your assistance to the latter.
I'll get that "diagnostic zip" posted.

I don't think there is any bad intention in the reply of itimpi.

In general if you have an issue, question it, but don't make it as a big warning and let it appear as given fact.

If you do find a bug, please make a report under "Bug Reports - Stable Releases" and follow the guidelines as described here.

1 hour ago, lockntross said:

Warning to potential upgraders:

DOCKER PAGE DOES NOT LOAD.

I cannot see my dockers through the webUI. The Dashboard page loads neither Docker nor VMS. But individually, my VM page loads fine.

Docker page just sits there. Initiating Roll back :/
Edit: Everything works back on 6.7.2

Here's my log:

Dec 11 09:42:11 noraid ntpd[1805]: kernel reports TIME_ERROR: 0x41: Clock Unsynchronized

Dec 11 09:42:39 noraid nginx: 2019/12/11 09:42:39 [error] 10657#10657: *803 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.0.100, server: , request: "POST /webGui/include/DashboardApps.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "10.0.0.12", referrer: "http://10.0.0.12/webGui/include/DashboardApps.php"

Dec 11 09:43:02 noraid nginx: 2019/12/11 09:43:02 [error] 10657#10657: *475 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.0.100, server: , request: "GET /plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerContainers.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "10.0.0.12", referrer: "http://10.0.0.12/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerContainers.php"

Please open a separate bug report for this.

Downloaded & installed last night (when my kid woke us up for a feed) and hit restart this morning. Upgrade from 6.7.2 went flawlessly and without issue. Using a Lenovo TS430 with the included lsi 9240-8i, mixture of WD, Seagate and HGST drives and a GTX 1650... and an ADATA full size usb flash drive but I've forgotten the model.

Edited by hpka
Added old unraid version
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, jamesp469 said:

I'm seeing this issue as well, plus all of my installed plugins are listed as status "unknown". Diagnostics attached, thanks!

unraid-diagnostics-20191211-0917.zip 136.93 kB · 1 download

I notice from a quick look at the syslog that there are a lot of FCP warnings listed.   The one that concerns me is the fact that GitHub cannot be contacted which may indicate some sort of network related issue and would explain why plugin status cannot be determined.   it might be worth seeing if you can ping github.com from the Unraid command line?

I updated from 6.8.0-rc7 to 6.8.0 with no observed display or functional issues so far.  

Since I was running an rc and had configured WireGuard, I performed the upgrade over a WireGuard connection from my laptop at work.  The update was downloaded, the server was rebooted and the system came up normally after a reboot with the WireGuard session automatically reestablished.  I currently find the system to be fully functional in every way I have tested in the few minutes since the reboot.

Well done @limetech and team!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, I am using unRAID as our daily driver! This is the only computer we have, and it is setup so that when we turn it on, it auto-starts two VMs running retail Windows 10 Pro. Both VMs have their own usb controllers and their own NVIDIA 1070 ti, running multiple 4k/60 screens.
A full hardware breakdown is here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LVhGPn
I'm about to attempt an upgrade from unRAID version 6.6.6 to unRAID version 6.8.
I am going to try to make full backups of all my settings and figure out how to easily roll-back to my stable version if it breaks.
After I successfully upgrade unRAID 🤞, I am going to attempt a BIOS update from ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) Version 2008 (2019/03/14) to Version 2901 (2019/11/08) 🤞
The last time I tried to update BIOS I could not get past version 2008 without breaking the GPU hardware passthrough "Unknown PCI header type 127". I lucky have a bios-flashback button, and a USB stick to roll-back.

This is in preparation for a cpu upgrade to the 16-core 3950x.

I will reply to this thread with the results, please let me know if there are certain things I should try, I have lots of time on my hands.

Thank, TsA!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Before making any changes make sure you make you have a backup of your flash drive to make reversion (if needed) easy.

Thanks, I will do that, I am writing down notes and my   "append vfio-pci.ids=1912:0014,1022:145f,10ec:b822,1022:1457 isolcpus=1-7,9-15 pcie_acs_override=downstream,multifunction initrd=/bzroot"  settings as well. I do have my UUID for the VMs saved as well, Thank you!

I updated all dockers and plugins.   Ran the Update Assistant for added verification.  Got the all clear.  Attempted to update but got this error:

1311481628_unRAIDUpgradeFail.jpeg.5d5dc87ad899fe324b5be84f2cad302f.jpeg

I have not rebooted.  Unraid still shows the option to Upgrade to 6.8.0.

Unraid is attempting to start services.  The logs show scrolling errors:

1054107232_UnraidSampleScrollingErrors.jpeg.3803c092c8da7e692240ef59e32bf2e5.jpeg

Edited by DoItMyselfToo

1. Updated to 6.8

2. Created new Ubuntu-19.10 VM.

VM installs and starts, lots of CPU activity on the dashboard.

VNC connects to the 19.10 VM, and gives notice that it is connected (brief pop-down),

but the graphics display is blank.  Have waited for 30 minutes of CPU activity, but still

nothing.

3. The 19.10 ISO file was tested on a different computer and correctly launches under virtualbox.

Two VMs (19.04, 18.04)  installed prior to the 6.8 update start OK and shut down (from inside the VM),

but the 19.04 VM icon shows it still running after it has shutdown.

-- Tom

Edited by Tom3
additional info

Thanks for the response.

Here are the setting from the 19.10 VM create page (XML to capture all the info I hope).

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm'>
  <name>Ubuntu-19.10-Desktop</name>
  <uuid>23b3304e-e2f1-613a-e05f-382de27ccf70</uuid>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Ubuntu" icon="ubuntu.png" os="ubuntu"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>8388608</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>1048576</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>8</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='0'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='8'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='1'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='9'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='10'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='6' cpuset='3'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='7' cpuset='11'/>
  </cputune>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-4.1'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/23b3304e-e2f1-613a-e05f-382de27ccf70_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='4' threads='2'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/Ubuntu-19.10-Desktop/vdisk1.img'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='virtio'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </disk>
    <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/isos/ubuntu-19.10-desktop-amd64.iso'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='sata'/>
      <readonly/>
      <boot order='2'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'/>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x10'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x11'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='3' port='0x12'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='4' port='0x13'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='5' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='5' port='0x14'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x4'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:e1:8a:4c'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'/>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'/>
    <graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' websocket='-1' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='en-us'>
      <listen type='address' address='0.0.0.0'/>
    </graphics>
    <video>
      <model type='qxl' ram='65536' vram='65536' vgamem='16384' heads='1' primary='yes'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </video>
    <memballoon model='virtio'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
</domain>

12 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Two things to try:

1. Do not use CPU 0 / 8 for the VM. These are used by Unraid itself

2. Try a different machine type, e.g. Q35-3.1

Thanks for your assistance.

Deleted the VM including disks.  change the CPUs to 1/9 2/10 3/11 4/12. Changed the type to Q35-3.1

Now when I start it brings up UEFI interactive shell and stops at the

Shell>

prompt.

-- Tom

2 minutes ago, Tom3 said:

Thanks for your assistance.

Deleted the VM including disks.  change the CPUs to 1/9 2/10 3/11 4/12. Changed the type to Q35-3.1

Now when I start it brings up UEFI interactive shell and stops at the

Shell>

prompt.

-- Tom

Type "exit" and choose as boot option the emulated cd-rom with the ISO image

(you propably need to press the "enter" key to start from cd-rom)

• jonp unpinned this topic