Unraid OS version 6.8 available

limetech

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The diagnostics appear to be just after a reboot.   We really want some that cover a period when you are experiencing the problem.

I have been moving a few files from cache to drives after the reboot using Krusader, that is how I realized the issue and it has been a pain. This is just after the first reboot from upgrading to 6.8.0 couple of hours ago.

I can send some logs your way tomorrow evening if you would be ok waiting.

-Shomil

Edited by Shomil Saini
Typo/Better Wording
7 hours ago, Shomil Saini said:

Since upgrading from version 6.6.6 (~110Mbps) to 6.7.2(~80Mbps) and now to 6.8.0(~20Mbps) the write speeds on transfers between internal drives have really gone to the gutter.

Even after removing my parity drives the results are same. One file transfer halts the complete system and everything from UI to Dockers is unresponsive to the extent that I have to leave it for the transfer to complete. Plex stops streaming and starts screaming.

I have no Idea, if someone has any clue please HELP!

Also, same is true for transfers between my PC to Server over Gigabit LAN.

No Shares have Cache enabled, there is no parity drives while I am struggling with this. Rest of the build is in my signature below.

Thanks in Advance!

-SS

Please open a separate bug report for this.

On 12/15/2019 at 7:49 AM, bwnautilus said:

I've notice performance problems with SMB shares from Windows 10 clients.  Directory scanning takes about twice as long.

I rolled back to 6.7.2 and the problems went away.

I noticed there's an updated SMB protocol in the release notes for 6.8.0.

Are there any SMB settings I can tweak in 6.8.0?

Known issue - follow here:

• Thanks 1

noVNC encountered an error:

SyntaxError: import not found: supportsImageMetadata
https://ServerName/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/novnc/core/display.js:11:9

VNC driver: QXL

Accessed WebGUI with Firefox v71.0 x64, Java 8 Update 231 x64 and Windows 10 1909 x64 (fully patched).

Upgraded 3 servers from v6.7.2 to v6.8.0 without issue. One of the 3 servers displays this error when trying to VNC to any virtual machine through the WebGUI. Rebooting the server fixed it for the first connection, but then displayed the error again on additional attempts. I don't see any complaints about this in the system log, and I have not tried this from another machine yet.

Is dynamix.vm.manager included in unRaid? Because the only plugins installed in December 2019 are Enhanced Log Viewer & Unassigned Devices.

Off topic...

Logs\libvirt.txt in the diagnostics log shows all of my VM's as "tainted". I found a thread here with a fix for it, but i already have the correct path to libvirt.img. Another thread says it's normal. No issues with the VM's.

Edit: This is working fine from another machine. It might just be an issue with Java. Weird that it works fine on one server but not the other.

Edited by chris1259

Guys,

having issues and can’t upgrade! It seems that unraid is switching the ip to 169.254.249.255

instead of my internal network of 192.168.1.0/24

and I can’t access it. Had to attach my monitor. 
It also says cannot find device bond0

not sure why this is happening it’s never happened before. 

OK, then back to this:

19 minutes ago, maxse said:

Guys,

having issues and can’t upgrade! It seems that unraid is switching the ip to 169.254.249.255

instead of my internal network of 192.168.1.0/24

and I can’t access it. Had to attach my monitor. 
It also says cannot find device bond0

not sure why this is happening it’s never happened before. 

Post a diagnostic from after the upgrade.

22 minutes ago, maxse said:

I can’t login to unraid after upgrade. 
Only the command prompt

Yeah, as they said, at the command prompt type 'diagnostics' to produce the diagnostics file at /boot/logs/machinename-diagnostics-yyyymmdd-hhMM.zip. for instance /boot/logs/tower-diagnostics-20191216-2115.zip

diagnostics
Edited by BRiT

Hello. Unfortunately after upgrading from the last stable version 6.7 I believe, I can no longer reach the server at all. Putty won’t connect... it appears the server is not being allocated an IP address by my router. I did have issues doing the upgrade and had to try 3 times in order to get the process through.

See pic for where it got stuck.

9D9404A0-3F66-4F58-9A14-5987B782791D.jpeg

Edited by johnieutah
15 minutes ago, johnieutah said:

Hello. Unfortunately after upgrading from the last stable version 6.7 I believe, I can no longer reach the server at all. Putty won’t connect... it appears the server is not being allocated an IP address by my router. I did have issues doing the upgrade and had to try 3 times in order to get the process through.

Connect a monitor and keyboarf up to the server.  If there is a lgon prompt, login and get a Diagnostics file  by type the following a comand line.

diagnostics

Otherwise, get a photo of what is on the monitor.   (Be sure it can be read!)

Edited by Frank1940
20 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Connect a monitor and keyboarf up to the server.  If there is a lgon prompt, login and get a Diagnostics file  by type the following a comand line.

diagnostics

Otherwise, get a photo of what is on the monitor.   (Be sure it can be read!)

Here you go, live from the technik room... 

IMAG3103.jpg

1 hour ago, Draic said:

why is every connection to the server now a forced redirect to the login page? I want to access a local service that has nothing to do with unraid, but cannot access it as the link gets redirected to the new login. how can I disable this?

Please open a separate bug report with an example.

• jonp unpinned this topic