Unraid OS version 6.8 available

limetech

1 hour ago, Draic said:

why is every connection to the server now a forced redirect to the login page? I want to access a local service that has nothing to do with unraid, but cannot access it as the link gets redirected to the new login. how can I disable this?

Run it in it's own docker with it's own nginx instance on it's own ip or port.

I updated to this build, and my cache pool has dissapeared. I don't see the SSDs under unassigned drives (but another one of my HDDs which I kept unassigned does) and it also doesn't show up under "Missing", both when array is started and when it's stopped. I can see the drives in BIOS so they're both still alive... Any ideas?

-- edit --

Reverted to 6.6.7 and the drives are back. I had to reassign the cache drives to the cache pool but the data is still there. I do notice that the SSDs are the only drives connected to a PCI SATA card.... Maybe the sata card isn't supported anymore?

Edited by Blaze9
2 hours ago, Blaze9 said:

I updated to this build, and my cache pool has dissapeared. I don't see the SSDs under unassigned drives (but another one of my HDDs which I kept unassigned does) and it also doesn't show up under "Missing", both when array is started and when it's stopped. I can see the drives in BIOS so they're both still alive... Any ideas?

-- edit --

Reverted to 6.6.7 and the drives are back. I had to reassign the cache drives to the cache pool but the data is still there. I do notice that the SSDs are the only drives connected to a PCI SATA card.... Maybe the sata card isn't supported anymore?

Marvell controller? The issue came up with 6.7 so you missed all the discussion.

Maybe start with reading this:

16 minutes ago, johnieutah said:

Have recreated the flash drive and this issue still persists. How can this happen? How can I roll back? Never had any issues with Unraid updates till this one.

Worth trying this, if it still doesn't help you can roll back by copying the bz* files in the flash drive's previous folder overwriting existing ones.

Trying to download again but it’s just hanging...

86A2FA5E-25D4-454A-98D8-C6596AFF9CAB.jpeg

I have to say the whole update process isn’t very stable in my opinion. Now I’m in a situation where I have no idea if it’s actually doing something or not. Also I turn my server off after using it. Each time I have to check for new versions, I.e. it doesn’t persist when I’ve already checked, there is a new version but I’ve not downloaded it. Seems like an obvious thing to fix or check for updates quickly on boot?

Edited by johnieutah
On 12/16/2019 at 12:38 PM, chris1259 said:

noVNC encountered an error:

SyntaxError: import not found: supportsImageMetadata
https://ServerName/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/novnc/core/display.js:11:9

VNC driver: QXL

Had the exact same problem.  Removing Libvirt.img and recreating did not solve.

Downgrading to 6.7.2 resolved.  Reported separately:

55 minutes ago, RAINMAN said:

So to confirm, I cant run any of my bash scripts from the flash anymore?  I have a folder of scripts that execute as cronjobs.  Do I need to copy these somewhere using the Go file then execute them from there?  Is there a standard location to copy them to?

Negative. You can, but you need to put "bash " in front of them. For instance:

bash /boot/myscripts/my_custom_script.sh

16 minutes ago, BRiT said:

Ok so in my cron just add bash? 

* * * * * /boot/custom/influxdb/influxStats_1m_Disk.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

change to

* * * * * bash /boot/custom/influxdb/influxStats_1m_Disk.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

On 12/16/2019 at 6:01 AM, Skylord123 said:

All went well except my Sven Co-op (half life 1 mod) server is now failing to start with this error:

I can't seem to figure out why this update is causing this error. I created a sven co-op docker container and it is erroring inside of that:
https://github.com/skylord123/docker-svencoop-server

SvenCoop will be available in the next few hours in the CA App. ;)

22 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

Upgraded from 6.7.2 and after reboot I cannot access my shares. It says "There are no exportable user shares". I'm not sure if it's related to the update or not but I figured I'd start there.

I've attached my diagnostics.tower-diagnostics-20191222-1924.zip

All disks mount but user shares don't. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Try stopping and starting the array.

Do you have a backup of flash? You can download a zipped copy of flash at Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup.

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

All disks mount but user shares don't. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Try stopping and starting the array.

Do you have a backup of flash? You can download a zipped copy of flash at Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup.

I do have a backup of the flash. I tried stopping the array but it's stuck on retrying to unmount user share. Which is weird because there is none. I tried 

ps -ef | grep /mnt/user

but it doesn't show anything using it, which is expected. Also the log won't load.

Edited by bobbintb
4 hours ago, trurl said:

I noticed some FSCK files on flash which means some corruption had been "repaired". You could try preparing flash as a new install then copy the config folder from your flash backup.

I'll give that I try if I can ever get it to unmount. It's a REALLY old flash drive. It's easily over 10 years old and I think only 2gb.

Edited by bobbintb
On 12/21/2019 at 6:02 PM, BRiT said:

I have a bunch of scripts in /boot/bin/ that I use often from the command line.  After the upgrade to 6.8 I can no longer execute them.  Checking the protection I see 'rw' but no 'x'.  Trying to chmod them to 700 has no effect.

Is there a way to use the scripts now as easily as before the upgrade?  I'd much rather type 'foo' than 'bash /boot/bin/foo' each time I need to run one of these scripts (and I use these scripts frequently).

Edited by bobkart

The 6.8 release tightened the permissions on the flash drive to improve security and the user cannot change them.   As you raid this means that no files on the flash can have execute permission.

The options are now:

•  precede the script name with the command used to run the script (e.g. bash)
  •  copy the script to somewhere where you can change the permissions and then do so (e.g. /usr/local/bin).   This will, however, not survive a reboot unless you take the steps required to repeat this on every boot.
  • Run the script via the User Scripts plugin.   This script could be the actions from the previous option with a script set to run on first array start.

4 hours ago, bobbintb said:

Upgraded from 6.7.2 and after reboot I cannot access my shares. It says "There are no exportable user shares".

Dec 22 14:14:21 Tower emhttpd: shcmd (104): /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user -disks 4095 2048000000 -o noatime,allow_other -o remember=330 -o use_ino |& logger
Dec 22 14:14:21 Tower shfs: fuse: unknown option(s): `-o use_ino'

Shares aren't working because of the "use_ino" option, where does this come from?

4 hours ago, trurl said:

I noticed some FSCK files on flash which means some corruption had been "repaired". You could try preparing flash as a new install then copy the config folder from your flash backup.

I tried that and now it says "stale config" and none of the disks are assigned...

I think I'll have to downgrade for the time being. I'm too concerned about data lose.

Edited by bobbintb
1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

Dec 22 14:14:21 Tower emhttpd: shcmd (104): /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user -disks 4095 2048000000 -o noatime,allow_other -o remember=330 -o use_ino |& logger
Dec 22 14:14:21 Tower shfs: fuse: unknown option(s): `-o use_ino'

Shares aren't working because of the "use_ino" option, where does this come from?

Not a clue.

• jonp unpinned this topic