Unraid OS version 6.8 available

limetech

40 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Try toggling "Tunable (support Hard Links)" to no, click apply, then back to yes and apply again. (Settings -> Global Share Settings)

Well, after trying to roll back my config, now no disks are assigned and I am getting a "stale configuration" message. I haven't had a chance to change the hardlink option yet.

Edited by bobbintb
2 hours ago, bobbintb said:

Not a clue.

2 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Dec 22 14:14:21 Tower emhttpd: shcmd (104): /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user -disks 4095 2048000000 -o noatime,allow_other -o remember=330 -o use_ino |& logger
Dec 22 14:14:21 Tower shfs: fuse: unknown option(s): `-o use_ino'

Shares aren't working because of the "use_ino" option, where does this come from?

At one point during the SQLite problems, @limetech suggested to add that line into (i believe) shfs-extra.cfg.   you need to delete that file

I only have one issue after upgrading to 6.8 with the Enhanced System Log plugin when I open it in Chrome the tab freezes and is unresponsive until its closed. The same page works fine in Firefox and MS Edge with no issue. I have tried to clear cookies and tried incognito mode in Chrome with no luck. As for the System Log page it opens fine in Chrome.

37 minutes ago, poniz said:

I only have one issue after upgrading to 6.8 with the Enhanced System Log plugin when I open it in Chrome the tab freezes and is unresponsive until its closed. The same page works fine in Firefox and MS Edge with no issue. I have tried to clear cookies and tried incognito mode in Chrome with no luck. As for the System Log page it opens fine in Chrome.

This is not the place for discussing problems with a plugin. You can always go directly to the correct support thread for any of your plugins by using its Support Thread link on the Plugins page.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

Just downgrading wouldn't' cause that, you should open a thread in the general support forum, and please add the diagnostics.

Well, it was showing that before I downgraded. It showed the disks but no user shares. I tried rebooting and then it show no assigned disks. That's when I tried downgrading. Still, I don't think it's an upgrade issue so I'll post there. Thanks everyone.

I upgraded my server, everything seems to be going smoothly.  No issues with updates, Dockers, transfer speeds, etc.  I did bump into the NoVNC bug once, but it didn't persist.  So far my uptime is 6+ days so I guess I meant to post this earlier.  Really enjoying being able to copy files on the server while the family is watching something on Plex.  Thanks for all the efforts, LT!!

On 12/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, ich777 said:

SvenCoop will be available in the next few hours in the CA App. ;)

oooooo, nice! I was going to add it but been pretty busy lately (especially with the Holidays). Btw, thanks for the steamcmd docker container that I used to create this one. Saved me a lot of work ;) I also use your other containers and they have all been great.

I was able to fix my issue with my sven co-op server by using the cache drive directly instead of the share (changing /mnt/user/appdata/svencoop to /mnt/cache/appdata/svencoop). I'm not sure exactly what broke _stat calls for share mounts. If anyone else has an idea of what it could be I would love to hear about it.

• Like 1

Main server upgrade appears good. 

-Windows 10 VM with 1080 for steam streaming of owned games. 

-Windows 10 VM with 1060, odd sata card, USB card for software suite use. 

-Windows 7 VM vnc for legacy software use. 

-crashplan docker

-Makemkv Docker with USB odd

-Dual parity

-Media links from osmc for owned media consumption 

-Pre-Clear plugin 

Edited by landS
35 minutes ago, trurl said:

Enable Syslog Server as explained in the FAQ here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=781601

I also notice you have FCP warnings about several containers without templates. What do you plan to do about those?

Those warnings are pretty old. Most are just using something other than the default port. Haven't caused any issues at all for quite some time. I will look at resolving them.

EDIT: Correction. I didn't notice they were template errors. I've corrected those.

I have syslog enabled, but it looks like it was set to a "custom folder" which it shouldn't have been. I've corrected that.

Edited by PanteraGSTK
29 minutes ago, trurl said:

Also, your system share has files on the array.

And your docker image is larger than I usually recommend, possibly that is related to those dockers without templates. Have you had problems with filling docker image?

Docker has 21gb used. At one point it went over 30gb, but I've removed some dockers since then and it's been pretty stable at 21gb.

Upgraded from 6.7.2 and it went fast and smooth.

However, I get a double header in my user scripts page using Chrome. If I use Incognito mode in Chrome, it works as does Firefox. I cleared my cache of everything except passwords.

There's also a "Waiting for..." message at the bottom left of the screen on this page.

I suppose I could use Incognito mode, but I'd rather not.

Any ideas?

Screenshot_2019-12-26_10-09-15.png.c2d5048cf525145387620d2608f62a5e.png

Upgraded my server (from 6.6.6) last week and ran into two issues:

1) Lockups and reboots. After upgrading the server would lockup and/or reboot randomly after a few hours to a day of running. This is the same behavior that happened when I tried to upgrade to 6.7.0 (I ended up going back down to 6.6.6 and was stable for 125 days straight). Nothing obvious appears in the logs. During one of the periods between reboots, I happened to have also installed the Disable Mitigation Settings plugin for some testing. As soon as I turned off all the mitigations the problem went away. The system seems to now be running completely stable without issue. This is sitting on a private VLAN at home so losing the security and gaining some performance is not that big a deal, but it seems very strange. I would love to know how the Intel microcode update is apparently breaking my hardware.

2) One of my drives is no longer able to spindown. Drive 5 (HUH728080AL4200) is now always running and never spins down. I see the following in the logs:

Dec 26 18:35:53 Tower kernel: mdcmd (200610): spindown 5
Dec 26 18:35:53 Tower emhttpd: error: mdcmd, 2726: Input/output error (5): write
Dec 26 18:35:53 Tower kernel: md: do_drive_cmd: disk5: ATA_OP e0 ioctl error: -5

A little Internet sleuthing found that this is related to an unsupported SAS command by the SATA/SAS controller. The online comments say that this can be safely ignored. What is strange is that this has never been an issue before on older versions of UNRAID. On 6.6.6 the drive spun down fine without any error in the logs.

• jonp unpinned this topic