Cache drive full overnight

Hasodi

I am at work connected to unraid server on my iPad.

I absolutely had my shares set to cache-prefer. I did not read the very last line on the difference between prefer and yes. 

I set all shares to yes just now and invoked the mover. The SSD is moving back to the array. 

Sorry for the basic question but super thank you for the quick response. 
Glad I purchased and happy holidays. 

1 minute ago, Hasodi said:

I absolutely had my shares set to cache-prefer. I did not read the very last line on the difference between prefer and yes. 

Since you are on the 6.8 release the text to the right of the Use Cache setting should explain what mover will do.   Any suggestions on how this could have been improved to stop you selecting the wrong option?

When I look at the text now it is very obvious. My brain must have swapped array and cache around.

I woke up to multiple email alerts and was panicked. 

One suggestion could possibly be to bold the word array and cache. 

Edited by Hasodi
1 hour ago, Hasodi said:

When I look at the text now it is very obvious. My brain must have swapped array and cache around.

I woke up to multiple email alerts and was panicked. 

One suggestion could possibly be to bold the word array and cache. 

I like this suggestion.  You could also change the color of the text of those words possibly.

1 minute ago, Hasodi said:

To clarify, I meant all custom shares were set to Yes.  Not system created shares.

Your system share has files on the array. Possibly you enabled Dockers or VMs before installing cache so the images got put on the array where their performance will take a hit due to parity and they will keep array disks spinning.

Do you have any dockers or VMs yet?

I started the server with no parity or cache.  I copied my data first then added the parity and cache.  The array is currently building the parity.  To prevent slow downs I haven't starts Dockers or VMs yet until the parity check is completed.

Since the system shares are on Cache-Prefer, won't they get moved to the SSD eventually?

Edited by Hasodi

You have enabled Docker and VM services, so they created their image vdisks on disk1. Disable those services, delete the images, and recreate them so they will go on cache where they belong.

It is a common problem when people enable these before installing cache. And mover can't really help by itself because it can't move open files, so the services have to be disabled. Simpler to just go ahead and recreate them at the same time.