High CPU Usage, Kodi Buffering, Pulling My Hair Out

newoski

Hi All,

My 20 Drive server is primarily used for Kodi via Odroid N2 (CoreELEC), SABnzbdVPN, Radarr, Sonarr, ruTorrentVPN (seeding) and I continue to run into TONS of buffering on content over 3mbps (yes, 3mbps) to the point content is unwatchably static on Kodi, whenever my server is working too hard and always when mover is running. I have experimented with the following advancedsettings on Kodi, which helps, but doesn't solve the problem:

<cache>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <memorysize>1000000000</memorysize>
        <readfactor>15</readfactor>
        <curlclienttimeout>15</curlclienttimeout>
        <curllowspeedtime>15</curllowspeedtime>
    </cache>

I have also tried using the CA Mover Tuning plugin, with minimal success. 

I have thought about upgrading my cache to a 2TB Samsung 660 EVO, however, I'm not sure the mover script would complete overnight, which would keep the problem around in the morning when kids are usually trying to watch Kodi.

I have tried using the cache drive for my Movies and SABnzbd shares, as well as not using cache. It doesn't seem to have an impact. 

I have also tested CPU Pinning, but it's been primarily guesswork (reducing SAB to cores 0,1,2 and pinning jackett, radarr, rtorrentvpn (seeding about 60 torrents), sonarr all to core 0, and leaving Emby to use all 8. My CPU usage seems really high, in fluctuating in the 50-80% range, quite often. 

I've included my server specs, below. Whole house is wired w Cat6. Gigabit switch. Any help would be monumentally appreciated. If appropriate, I'd gladly send beer money to anyone that can get this sorted, once and for all. 

Server Specs:
MOBO: Supermicro X10SL7-F 
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1276v3
RAM: 32GB DDR3
Cache: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
Drives: Mostly 8TB Seagate Archive

tower-diagnostics-20191214-1352.zip

Edited by newoski