Hello everyone! New UNRAID user!

SiRMarlon

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to come over and say hello and that I am super excited about finally making the move over to UnRaid!! I took some advantaged of black Friday and built myself a new system so I commissioned my old system as my new UnRaid server and I couldn't be happier with how things are turning out! With the exception of some file transer/hard drive space issues I am currently working on, thread for those issues can be found here if you want to chime in :)

"I NEED HELP"

So the specs on the server are:

• Intel i7-3770K @ 4.2Ghz
  • 32GB of RAM
  • Nividia Quadro P2000 (Dedicated Plex Transcoder)
  • Dell H310 HBA Card (Flashed to IT Mode using LSI Firmware)
  • 2 x 10TB WD Red (Parity)
  • 1 x 8TB WD Red 
  • 5 x 4TB WD Red
  • 2 x 500GB SSDs in Raid0 for Cache and Appdata
  • 1 x 500GB SSD dedicated for Plex config/library metadata

So I am looking at roughly about 28TB of storage which should be enough for right now. But since I bit the bullet and bought those two 10TB Drive I have room to grow as $$ allows me to uprade those 4TB to 8s or 10s. 

The server is already up and running this is gonna be used mainly for Plex, I was able to get the P2000 working great thanks to the video from ByteMyBits but I also got PiHole running, and I was able to get NextCloud, and Collabora working (This is a game changer for me!! I cancelled all my cloud services thanks to this!) thanks to the videos from Spaceinvader, I also setup DelugeVPN and Privoxy for some privacy. Like I said I am really happy with how things are turning out with the server! Just have to fix that pesky data copy issues I am having with a single drive filling up with data and not moving over to other drives and I will be 100% good to go! :)  

Edited by SiRMarlon