IPv4 Not Set

On 12/20/2019 at 12:53 PM, Brassleaves said:

This would explain a lot, including why it it worked briefly and then didn't the next morning. When I got the system working I had tried to boot it with 6.7.2 and then updated it to 6.8 before shutting it down for the night.

Is it a problem that is on the fit it list?

Could you temporarily create an Ubuntu USB stick and boot into live mode on that? Once you're in there check to see if it can detect any network interfaces and get you connected to your network. If Ubuntu can't find any network interfaces it is likely that they are disabled somehow or some hardware is bad in which case you would need to use a PCI-E network card.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:02 AM, coolspot said:

SuperMicro with LACP LAG stopped working with 6.8.0 upgrade in non-GUI mode. In GUI mode I'm able to get an IP address.

Very odd.

6.7.2 and older had no networking issues with LACP. I'm using a SuperMicro X10-SLF7 which has IMPI, but I believe it's on a dedicated port.

This is exactly the issue I was seeing - I was able to get it working in GUI mode by disabling/re-enabling bonding *and* bridging, but upon rebooting into normal (console) mode it wouldn't work again.  Still have not had a chance to investigate further, but just wanted to make sure I noted it here.  The only difference is that I'm using an older Supermicro board (an X8DTN).  In the meantime I disabled LAG on my switch and in unraid.

Edited by ksarnelli
typo
2 hours ago, ksarnelli said:

This is exactly the issue I was seeing - I was able to get it working in GUI mode by disabling/re-enabling bonding *and* bridging, but upon rebooting into normal (console) mode it wouldn't work again.  Still have not had a chance to investigate further, but just wanted to make sure I noted it here.  The only difference is that I'm using an older Supermicro board (an X8DTN).  In the meantime I disabled LAG on my switch and in unraid.

Interestingly I did not need to disable anything in GUI mode - it just works. Meanwhile in non-GUI mode, the adapters are detected, just that DHCP is not working. On my Netgear switch, it says the LACP LAG is up, so the link is working, but for some reason the IP stack in non-GUI mode refuses to obtain an IP.

Edited by coolspot