Question about (ls -lah /boot/config/shares)

mrbilky

Totally not a cli guy so I saw this posted on another thread and I ran it on my rig out of curiosity and to continue learning this stuff and found that I clearly have had a misconfigured host path in a docker and now it seems I have a lot of garbage on my flash drive, Primarily the music .cfg files I can't seem to be able to find them in krusader to remove is this right? Kinda remember there might be a setting that protected the flash drive but don't see it so maybe I'm mistaken?

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 6.36.23 AM.png

Edited by mrbilky
16 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

Kinda remember there might be a setting that protected the flash drive but don't see it so maybe I'm mistaken?

In the release notes for ver 6.8.0 in the Management Section:

fstab: mount USB flash boot device with root-only access

You will need to run Krusader with root privileges now if you want to 'work' on the flash drive.

39 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

see here:

By the way, I do run my Krusader Docker as root and have never had a problem.  You have to be aware that if you create a file, it will have root as an owner and group of for that file.   You can obviously change that if required right from Krusader since you are running as superuser.  You just have to be aware of what is going on behind the curtain.  (Wizard of Oz reference...)

You will probably not run into this problem very often.  I, personally, have never encountered it.

Edited by Frank1940