DHCP not working after upgrading to 6.8.0

treos33

After upgrading to 6.8.0 my server was unreachable on the webUI. I was able to connect to the CLI and noticed that the IP address was set to 169.254.234.11. I've gathered that this is an Automatic Private IP. I was able to connect to the webUI at this address and I saw on the network settings that the default gateway was set to "link".

I was able to change the network settings to use a static IP and manually define the gateway and DNS server. This seems to be working fine at the moment but I want to understand why this happened.

I'm not sure if it matters but my mobo has two ethernet ports and I have them configured in a bond. I didn't try removing the bond but this configuration was working perfectly in 6.7.2 for months. Lastly, I have a few different VLANS configured. When I assigned the static IP to my main interface, the IP of my first VLAN was then set to 169.254.234.11. I set all my vlans to static IPs and they're working fine now too.

tower-diagnostics-20191215-1943.zip

I've attached my diagnostics from before I started assigning static IPs. Let me know if there are any other details that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by treos33
On 12/17/2019 at 8:04 AM, treos33 said:

My switch does support LACP. This exact configuration was working perfectly for months on 6.7.2.

My bond with LACP failed as well, but I'm using a SuperMicro board.

Weird - I rebooted into GUI mode, and now I have an IP address?

DHCP not working in console mode, but ok in GUI mode???

Edited by coolspot
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still hoping to get some help with this issue. I realize this was originally posted during the holiday madness so hopefully I can get a few more eyes on the issue now.

Again, I can't get an IP address when I upgrade to 6.8.0. I have no issues on 6.7.2. I have linked to some other issues above that seem to be very similar to mine.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 2/10/2020 at 2:30 AM, coolspot said:

I just upgraded 6.8.2 and it looks like it broke my networking entirely ... I can no longer get an IP address even in GUI mode.

I successfully upgrade to 6.8.2 today. Not sure what has changed but it worked. Sorry Coolspot, I hope you figure something out soon!

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem trying to upgrade to 6.8.1, I only have 1 network interface so no bonding or anything.

I reverted back and just recently tried 6.8.3 and still not working. I had to set my network to static in order for it to work.