disk log warnings?

C_James

Hey my parity check seems to be taking longer than mornal for a 3tb dive, seduled to run at 11 pm and is still running at over midday the nextday reporting 5 or so hours gone. i looked at the disks logs and disk 2 i have this warning
Dec 13 15:45:21 StorNas wsdd[4315]: set_multicast: Failed to set IPv4 multicast
Dec 13 15:45:21 StorNas wsdd[4315]: Failed to add multicast for WSDD: Address already in use
Dec 13 15:45:21 StorNas wsdd[4315]: set_multicast: Failed to set IPv4 multicast

the other disks do not have any warnings.

the other day i had a notifaction saying 2 of my disks didnt have cache on the drives it self enabled so iveenbabled that.

Any ideas of what this warning means and if thats casusing slow checks please do let me know

There are no disk related errors on the log, and parity check is going at around 57MB/s and close to the end, so that speed seems reasonable for the inner cylinders which are considerably slower then the outer ones, when it finishes compare the total time with earlier checks, but note that any array activity during the check will slow it dow considerably.

• 1 month later...

im getting the same warning on one of my disks, seems like it occours when starting/stopping Recycle Bin plug-in

Feb 16 02:18:48 Nasbak Recycle Bin: Stopping Recycle Bin
Feb 16 02:18:48 Nasbak wsdd[18978]: set_multicast: Failed to set IPv4 multicast
Feb 16 02:18:50 Nasbak wsdd[4367]: set_multicast: Failed to set IPv4 multicast
Feb 16 02:18:50 Nasbak wsdd[4367]: Failed to add multicast for WSDD: Address already in use
Feb 16 02:18:50 Nasbak wsdd[4367]: set_multicast: Failed to set IPv4 multicast
Feb 16 02:18:53 Nasbak Recycle Bin: Starting Recycle Bin
Feb 16 02:18:56 Nasbak wsdd[4933]: set_multicast: Failed to set IPv4 multicast
Feb 16 02:18:56 Nasbak wsdd[4933]: Failed to add multicast for WSDD: Address already in use
Feb 16 02:18:56 Nasbak wsdd[4933]: set_multicast: Failed to set IPv4 multicast

Edited by wymond

Im fairly new to Linux & Unraid in particular, Good to hear there not disk related, I have switched to Unraid after losing 4 out of 12 drives due to hardware failure (broken power button caused pc/nas to boot loop non-stop during a 1 week vacation 😱).

Just like in C_james's his logs the warnings occur after an action of Recycle Bin plug-in. now I'm wondering if I should take action or investigate this further?

10 minutes ago, wymond said:

Just like in C_james's his logs the warnings occur after an action of Recycle Bin plug-in. now I'm wondering if I should take action or investigate this further?

WDS is used to replace the old smb1/netbios network discovery for Windows clients, in principle it shouldn't interfere with the recycle bin plugin, but since both work with Samba you never know, it won't hurt to post on the plugin support thread.