Plex Media Shares - Split Level

Supa

Personally I use this Train of thought using Plex

Shares: TV, Movies

Tv Shows Disc 1,2,3

Movies on Disc 4,5,6

I don't allow TV shows to Split seasons simply because I don't want to have to wait for discs to spin up to watch the next episode, but I'm guessing 3-5 seconds really isn't that big of a deal if I did. Lol

On 12/16/2019 at 2:47 PM, kizer said:

Personally I use this Train of thought using Plex

Shares: TV, Movies

Tv Shows Disc 1,2,3

Movies on Disc 4,5,6

I don't allow TV shows to Split seasons simply because I don't want to have to wait for discs to spin up to watch the next episode, but I'm guessing 3-5 seconds really isn't that big of a deal if I did. Lol

Makes sense. 

What would you do for your other folders? What disks would you put them on?  I have a 1TB cache nvme disk as well. 

UBzPoHy.png

Edited by Supa

Honestly its totally up to you that's the awesomeness of unRAID.

Everything TV related goes on my TV drives and everything Movie related goes on my Movie drives.

Currently I have 8 data drives installed so I use Disk 7 for Backups of things in my house such as my Music, Photos, PC backups and home videos that I don't currently keep in Plex. Disk 8 is Basically the whatever else drive. More or less the Misses Dump Drive for her stuff.

The reason I keep things separated like this is so its easier to do disc to disc off the network backups. Meaning I copy Disc 7 and Disc 8 to Portable USB drives and keep on a shelf.

Some might use unRAID like a Jumbo drive and who cares where everything goes, but I'm kinda OCD like and I can't do that. Lol

However the system will do whatever you want, but I like to keep a bit more order to things so its why I do what I described.