New to UNraid

Hello everyone I am new to UNraid and wanted to get some opnions from everyone

A friend gave me the following hardware to get started and I have a questions if I updated the CPU if everyone things I would get a big performance change

currently I am running the following dockers, Plex, NZBget, Sonarr/Radarr with the following CPU / motherboard and the CPU maxes out on a regular basis

memory - 16GB : (4) HyperX Fury 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4 2400MHz DRAM

Processor -  Intel BX80662G4400 Pentium Processor G4400 3.3 GHz

Power Supply - Rosewill Quark Series 750W Full Modular Gaming Power Supply 80 Plus Platinum

Motherboard :  MSI Z170A GAMING M7 ATX DDR4 3000 (o.c.) NA Motherboards Z170A GAMING M7

If I upgrade to the following CPU will I see a big performance difference ?

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151 [BX80662I76700K]

by Intel

I appreciate any feedback

38 minutes ago, sstretchh said:

Hello everyone I am new to UNraid and wanted to get some opnions from everyone

A friend gave me the following hardware to get started and I have a questions if I updated the CPU if everyone things I would get a big performance change

currently I am running the following dockers, Plex, NZBget, Sonarr/Radarr with the following CPU / motherboard and the CPU maxes out on a regular basis

memory - 16GB : (4) HyperX Fury 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4 2400MHz DRAM

Processor -  Intel BX80662G4400 Pentium Processor G4400 3.3 GHz

Power Supply - Rosewill Quark Series 750W Full Modular Gaming Power Supply 80 Plus Platinum

Motherboard :  MSI Z170A GAMING M7 ATX DDR4 3000 (o.c.) NA Motherboards Z170A GAMING M7

If I upgrade to the following CPU will I see a big performance difference ?

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151 [BX80662I76700K]

by Intel

I appreciate any feedback

I cannot comment on the processor you currently have but I can tell you that my primary unRAID box is built around my I7 6700 non K and it performs excellent and I work it hard, its my Plex media server, my home assistant sever, and running upwards of 12 dockers  and still has plenty of room in the tank

image.thumb.png.4c6bbcff60b88751615b0d55f4499297.png

• 7 months later...