NVMe passthrough not working

danktankk

Hello all, first post and a new owner of unraid!

I was watching a video by spaceinvaderone for "How to dual boot baremetal windows and unRAID then boot the same windows as a vm" and for whatever reason, I am unable to get this NVMe drive to passthrough without this error for adding an NVMe drive that already has windows installed:

Execution error:

internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2019-12-18T02:54:58.351536Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:09:00.0,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x5: vfio 0000:09:00.0: failed to setup container for group 26: Failed to set iommu for container: Operation not permitted

I followed the tutorial to the letter, but am getting this error.  I really need this VM as it has most of the stuff I want to migrate over and would make it much easier.

In addition:

I have 2 NVMe drives, one has the OS and one is a cache drive.  These are both on the same controller.  Im not sure if that is the source of my problem, but I feel like it is.

ubntpc-syslog-20191218-0304.zip