SMB Share Windows 10

kocka

In this post, there is an example of a situation which I am going to quote below:

Let me give you an operational example.  Let's say your windows PC netbios name is "mypc" and your windows login name is "larry".  Further let's say your server netbios name is "tower" and you have a single user defined on unRaid side named "curly".  Now you open Network and click on "tower" and a window opens showing all the shares.

In this state, if you now click on a "public" share, what happens behind the scenes is windows tries to authenticate with the server as user "mypc\larry".  On unRaid side, samba (linux smb protocol module) will check if "larry" exists.  In this case no, so samba will check if user "mypc" exists, in this case also no.  So samba will now see that "guest" access is enabled for the server, so it will reply to Windows with "success" but on the samba side, will associate any further access with the "nobody" user on the linux side.  Meanwhile, Windows stores the fact that it successfully connected with user "mypc\larry" in its own credentials cache.

Now, after above, you click on a Private share where the only unRaid user with access is "curly".  Samba will see the request to the share as user "larry" and tell Windows that the connection is unauthorized (because larry is not in the list of users for the Private share).  Windows sees this and presents you with a username/password dialog box.  So you enter "curly" as the user.  But now Windows sees that you already have a connection to the server as user "larry" and it DOES NOT ALLOW multiple connections to the same server via different user names.  This is a well-known limitation/bug in Windows.  Some people get around it, e.g., by connecting to the sever using the IP address in order to fool windows into thinking it's a different server.

even whit a local windows account i enter the user name and pass and it dos not let me see the shared folders it says user name or password is incorrect there are no multiple connections, just can see the share on windows 10 multiple pc`s it works on my phone