Reply from  time<1ms
Reply from  time<1ms
Reply from  time<1ms

Ping statistics for 
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

C:\Users\karac>

but the local ping returns ipv6 address and i don`t have ipv6 configured on my network strange 

hmm those look fine, and you don't need dhcpv6 for ipv6 devices to work, apipa v4 169.254 is a pain to use, but ipv6 fixes that and can manage itself on networks without dns quite painlessly, win10 prefers it by default.

anyway, doubt it'll be it, but you can try disabling ipv6 on your client interface to force it on v4, but network discovery worked fine over v6 by the looks.

win+r

NCPA.CPL

default eth int, and untick ipv6.

also you don't have any firewalls/av in place that might prevent it? try disabling win firewall (temporarily if you actually use it)

e; 

also make sure you have enabled discovery and filesharing on network/s (just add to all for now), found in network and sharing center.

Edited by Mizerka

I went through your syslog and I am lifting out a section of it:

Dec 18 15:39:15 FTP root: Starting Samba:  /usr/sbin/smbd -D
Dec 18 15:39:15 FTP root:                  /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
Dec 18 15:39:15 FTP root:                  /usr/sbin/wsdd
Dec 18 15:39:15 FTP root:                  /usr/sbin/winbindd -D
Dec 18 15:39:15 FTP emhttpd: shcmd (20608): smbcontrol smbd close-share 'FTP'

The first four lines are the normal starting of the SMB process.  They occur whenever SMB restarts.  The problem appears to be in this fifth line.

Googling      smbcontrol smbd close-share   is a command that apparently orders smbd to close the client connections to the named share (FTP in this case).   Problem is that I don't have the foggiest idea what is generating this message. 

4 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

I went through your syslog and I am lifting out a section of it:

Dec 18 15:39:15 FTP root: Starting Samba:  /usr/sbin/smbd -D
Dec 18 15:39:15 FTP root:                  /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
Dec 18 15:39:15 FTP root:                  /usr/sbin/wsdd
Dec 18 15:39:15 FTP root:                  /usr/sbin/winbindd -D

The first four lines are the normal starting of the SMB process.  They occur whenever SMB restarts.  The problem appears to be in this fifth line.

Googling      smbcontrol smbd close-share   is a command that apparently orders smbd to close the client connections to the named share (FTP in this case).   Problem is that I don't have the foggiest idea what is generating this message. 

I'm pretty sure that's the default behaviour when making changes to a share that's already deployed. it kills off connections and relies on client to reestablish it.

looking at my logs;

it's specifically ran when changing smb security settings;

below changing public to secure

Dec 18 23:00:18 NekoUnRaid root: Starting Samba: /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
Dec 18 23:00:18 NekoUnRaid root: /usr/sbin/smbd -D
Dec 18 23:00:18 NekoUnRaid root: /usr/sbin/winbindd -D
Dec 18 23:00:18 NekoUnRaid emhttpd: shcmd (509): smbcontrol smbd close-share 'ssd'

MikroTik RB951G-2HnD

that looks retro

anyways, tried applying those changes?

since you can ping it and it echo's back then that's good enough, from here on, it'll be a layer 4 issue onwards, i'd still wager it's a microsoft service issue, got any other machines on network that can access this share btw?

also looking at logs briefly, you have nameserver set to 193.231.252.1, typo or is that some strange public resolver you use? doesn't actually respond on 53 by the looks.

# Generated settings:
IFNAME[0]="br0"
BONDNAME[0]="bond0"
BONDING_MIIMON[0]="100"
BRNAME[0]="br0"
BRSTP[0]="no"
BRFD[0]="0"
BONDING_MODE[0]="1"
BONDNICS[0]="eth0"
BRNICS[0]="bond0"
PROTOCOL[0]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[0]="yes"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="yes"
DNS_SERVER1="192.168.88.1"
DNS_SERVER2="193.231.252.1"
DNS_SERVER3="213.154.124.1"
USE_DHCP6[0]="yes"
DHCP6_KEEPRESOLV="no"
VLANS[0]="1"
SYSNICS="1"

those dns servers are a bit weird, first is likely your router, but other 2 are public and weird, I'd change to local router only probably, this is given out by your dhcp, i.e. router, again, strange. one of them points to some random location in Romania.

and yeah ipv6 enabled so it picked up fe80::

Dec 18 09:46:04 FTP ntpd[1663]: Listen normally on 3 br0 [fe80::1c20:77ff:fe46:fd3c%10]:123

should disable dhcp for something like unraid, it'll  just cause you issues one day.

Comparing my config to yours, there's nothing wrong unraid side and it doesn't report issues either.

Make sure you have filesharing and discovery completely enabled

e;

yes i can whit my phone and windows 7 laptop

It will be windows 100%, unraid will use at least smb2 by default, so that's fine

Edited by Mizerka
4 minutes ago, kocka said:

it`s for testing and it shod still work. if anybody has any other ideas pls post 

sure, well I give up then, good luck.

only other thing in terms of config is you have disk shares force enabled, you're better of using user shares or leaving it on auto default. and mounting disk outside of array if that's what you need.

Edited by Mizerka
3 hours ago, Mizerka said:

those dns servers are a bit weird, first is likely your router, but other 2 are public and weird, I'd change to local router only probably, this is given out by your dhcp, i.e. router, again, strange. one of them points to some random location in Romania.

You can always return to default network settings by deleting the config/network.cfg file on flash

• 1 month later...

I had the exact same issue as the OP in my Windows domain environment. This was extremely frustrating since the SMB shares were working fine for almost a month, then suddenly I could not connect to them with the very account I used to set the permissions with!  I had used a domain admin account to set the permissions on the shares and granted full access to "domain admins", and less access to a couple user groups as appropriate. 

I discovered (from running the Fix Common Problems full scan) that UnRAID saw my domain admin account as a "domain user".  I looked in Active Directory and realized it was a member of both groups.  I set Domain Admins as the primary group for this account, removed domain users, and immediately I could access the UnRAID shares with this account again.