[Support] spaceinvaderone - Shinobi Pro

On 5/26/2021 at 8:57 PM, Paulli said:

Hi,

I have problem getting this setup. 

I am using the :latest 

only this changed in the template is admin password and the video storage location is pointed to user share (waiting on the disk to get here).

Getting this error in logs nad the webgui is unavailable.

image.png.b5fff84b7242909d79019eb009179107.png

What am I missing?

Thanks

Have you been able to fix this? I'm facing exactly the same problem.

/Edit:

Seems like this issue is a little older... here is a fix from 1 year ago.

Edited by eins

What am I doing wrong? I have had Shinobi running for about a year now, but I ran into some issues and had to delete my appdata file and reinstall the docker. Now I cant add any users from the /Super. I fill in all the blanks and press save, and it does nothing. So then I followed instructions I found in this forum and pointed the container to my MariaDB docker that I am running and that seems to be working fine, but I still cant add a user.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have been going at this for too long. Here is the log

No "ffbinaries". Continuing.
Run "npm install ffbinaries" to get this static FFmpeg downloader.
No "ffmpeg-static".
Available Hardware Acceleration Methods : vdpau, vaapi
Shinobi : cron.js started
FFmpeg version : 4.2.4
Node.js version : v12.14.1
Shinobi : Web Server Listening on 
2021-06-15T00:08:19-05:00 Current Version : ba5743e3801ef240507cf75bdf909916fc51b104

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This Install of Shinobi is NOT Activated
2021-06-15T00:08:21-05:00 This Install of Shinobi is NOT Activated
https://licenses.shinobi.video/subscribe
2021-06-15T00:08:21-05:00 Shinobi is ready.
Connection Error: Error: read ECONNRESET
Connection Error: Error: read ECONNRESET

• 3 weeks later...

Good Day all,

Recently upgraded my system so i van start using the Nvidia build. However i am running into two issues.

1. When adding the parameter for runtime, the command fails and docker refuses tot start.

2. Without runtime and selecting hardware acceleration the docker uses 30gb of ram.

Anyone know what is wrong?

Right, so if someone else comes across the issue where adding the runtime=nvidia doesn't work. I've come to the conclusion that there might be something wrong in the shinobi:nvidia template provided by Spaceinvader.

Instead i followed @ich777's instruction included with his nvidia driver plugin, by adding the variables manually.

So. . . 

Under extra parameters i have added '--runtime=nvidia'

I manually added the variable for NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES and NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES as described here:

By doing this, the docker was succesfully able to start, and the hardware acceleration seems to work when turning it on for the different camera's.

Hope this information helps someone set this up!

Time for me to monitor my Memory usage.

Edited by Caennanu
  • Like 2

Does anyone have some good step by step instructions on how to get object detection working in this shinobipro container? I don't want GPU acceleration (Because my 32 CPU server does not have GPU acceleration) and I was thinking of tensorflow and face detection. Not sure if these are settings in the configuration of the container in unraid or if I need to go to the console of the running container to run commands or manually update conf.json files. And of course, I need the change to persist on container updates/restarts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 11:29 AM, bullmoose20 said:

Does anyone have some good step by step instructions on how to get object detection working in this shinobipro container? I don't want GPU acceleration (Because my 32 CPU server does not have GPU acceleration) and I was thinking of tensorflow and face detection. Not sure if these are settings in the configuration of the container in unraid or if I need to go to the console of the running container to run commands or manually update conf.json files. And of course, I need the change to persist on container updates/restarts.

Bump...@SpaceInvaderOne?

I have Shinobi set up and have added three of my cameras in Watch-Only mode (don't have a separate hard drive to record to yet).  You can see they've populated perfectly fine in the side bar on the left, but when I add them to the main dashboard area, they just display black.

I'm able to see them without issues via web streaming or the mobile app.  I've attached a picture for reference.  Anyone have suggestions on how to get them to display?

Shinobi.png

• 1 month later...

I had a similar issue to @snowborder714 but my setup was working one day and then not the next. I found the same display behaviour was occurring with my issue which ended up being that I ran out of HD space. I removed some files and as soon as Shinobi could write to the disk again, the main image re-appeared. I thought I set Shinobi up to record continuously and to overwrite files when the disk became full.

Now to try and figure out why it is writing files with root:root (I'm sure it is something I have done, or not done!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya, i came here because i saw SpaceInvaders YouTube video on the subject. When i went into unRAID Apps, there's no less then 4 Shinobi container offerings (+ another specifically for Nvidia).

None of the containers show updates - they only show "Added". Is that the first time it's added? Or have none had any updates? SpaceInvaders is from 2019.

Thanks.

Anyone have any suggestions for something "dumber" than shinobi?

I've decided it's too tempermental for my needs.

I just need to dump the live stream from multiple cameras, to separate folders, broken up in 5 minute increments.

I can live without the 'timelapse' image option, as it's problematic at best, and I can create post processed.

I don't need any of the fancy that shinobi provides, as I use the native app to my cameras to view them in real-time, or I go look at the MP4 files directly.

also i'm getting a lot of this crap, filling up the logs...

s.sqlQuery QUERY ERRORED INSERT INTO `Timelapse Frames` (ke,mid,details,filename,size,time) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?)
s.sqlQuery ERROR Error: ER_GET_ERRNO: Got error 194 "Tablespace is missing for a table" from storage engine InnoDB

On 1/8/2022 at 6:55 PM, Derek_ said:

Hiya, i came here because i saw SpaceInvaders YouTube video on the subject. When i went into unRAID Apps, there's no less than 4 Shinobi container offerings (+ another specifically for Nvidia).

None of the containers show updates - they only show "Added". Is that the first time it's added? Or have none had any updates? SpaceInvaders is from 2019.

Thanks.

I couldn't figure out how old Shinobi is, but MariaDB is quite old vs current:  10.4.13 (2020-05-12) vs 10.6.5.

Furthermore, his Source Repository doesn't even exist anymore:

https://hub.docker.com/r/spaceinvaderone/shinobi_pro_unraid

Points to Repo:

https://github.com/SpaceinvaderOne/shinobi_pro

404 Error

He doesn't have any iteration of Shinobi in his current GitHub repositories:

https://github.com/SpaceinvaderOne?tab=repositories

So it appears this Docker hasn't been updated since before August 2020 (when the next Maria version became available). :( Considering his excellent videos show how to expose this to the internet is it wise to use such old software? Is there a way to politely ask whether any dated image (not just this, generally) should be maintained or removed? Even an update on the App info for it would be good, as in this case there are 4 other versions available.

Hey Folks, I've got this up and running and I'm really happy with it. I have one issue, however. My camera often 'breathes' to adjust exposure and such, and that leads to lots of false positive motion detections. It's not a great camera (YI Dome), however, it provides an MQTT feed to signal any changes in motion. I'd much rather use that as opposed to the generic motion detector. I know shinobi can receive an MQTT feed, but I don't really understand the instructions provided by the official documentation.

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/LXw2fdkTPIU8BlP

Has anyone set this up, or could help out with this? Many thanks!

On 1/16/2022 at 1:01 AM, WiktorJ said:

I know shinobi can receive an MQTT feed, but I don't really understand the instructions provided by the official documentation.

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/LXw2fdkTPIU8BlP

Has anyone set this up, or could help out with this? Many thanks!

Interesting. My camera in testing does the same - seems to be when light changes (dusk/dawn).

Anyway, perhaps Reddit is the better place to ask about that. The developers frequent it. Also, they have a Discord.

Hello All,

after i lot of difficulties i succeed to install Deepstack-object plugins. the documentation is not updated and you need first to install plugins of Shinobi. after a good start (after almost 2 days to understand where this problem come from), i have still issues to have a start of the plugins after docker restart of shinobi.

I try to use pm2 startup and pm2 save but after docker restart pm2 list show that deepstack is not start ! only camera and cron and alert me that is not the pm2 list store and ask me to update with pm2 save !

Did you know how i can do to be sure that after a restart of the shinobi docker the plugin DeepStack-Object will be restart automatically ?

Thanks for your help