[Support] spaceinvaderone - Shinobi Pro

On 1/23/2022 at 6:53 AM, Ibert Mathias said:

Hello All,

after i lot of difficulties i succeed to install Deepstack-object plugins. the documentation is not updated and you need first to install plugins of Shinobi. after a good start (after almost 2 days to understand where this problem come from), i have still issues to have a start of the plugins after docker restart of shinobi.

I try to use pm2 startup and pm2 save but after docker restart pm2 list show that deepstack is not start ! only camera and cron and alert me that is not the pm2 list store and ask me to update with pm2 save !

Did you know how i can do to be sure that after a restart of the shinobi docker the plugin DeepStack-Object will be restart automatically ?

Thanks for your help

Got the same problem , how did you manage to edit conf.json inside the docker ?

On 2/3/2022 at 8:09 PM, RodWorks said:

I see there's an update on the docker container, just making sure there's no issues before updating?

What are the changes?

I updated earlier today, no issues doing so with my camera streams, recordings, or reverse proxy set up.

I can't notice too much - my sense is this update is just bringing this docker up to speed with the latest "official" development versions of Shinobi.  Prior to today, this hadn't been updated in years.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, chrispcrust said:

I updated earlier today, no issues doing so with my camera streams, recordings, or reverse proxy set up.

I can't notice too much - my sense is this update is just bringing this docker up to speed with the latest "official" development versions of Shinobi.  Prior to today, this hadn't been updated in years.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

• Like 1

On the topic of hardware acceleration, after much trial and error, I found that manually updating Shinobi via CLI did the trick to get FFMPEG working for encoding recordings.

Open console on Shinobi Docker

Type the following:

git reset --hard

git pull

npm install --unsafe-perm

Then restart your docker container.

However, it is finicky - if you try to change an H265 stream from your camera to H264 for display on both the dashboard, and recording as well, then it failed.  For my set up, I set my camera to H264 and copied through to the dashboard and recording, no Hwacceleration used.

I also found that when encoding vs. copying for recording purposes, my CPU use actually went up.  With 2 cameras, CPU use is minimal anyway.

I would have liked to use H265 for recordings to minimize size, but that introduces alot of codec issues with trying to view the files in browsers (which don't support 265), etc.  Oh well.

I think the ideal use for GPU acceleration with Shinobi is with the object detection plugin (Yolo).  This can be set up with SOI's guide on YT, as well as this link: https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/JtJiGkdbcpAig40

The Yolo.js plugin does appear to be doing "something" when I do watch nvidia-smi in console, and walk in front of the camera(s).  So, I guess that can be considered something.

Edited by chrispcrust
On 2/5/2022 at 12:26 PM, chrispcrust said:

Fantastic SpaceInvader has updated his image. Good to see, because the videos he made about it are exceptionally good.

Is there anyone who can help me with the settings for my HikVision camera detection > FTP triggering? I've been trying off and on for a couple of weeks now. Shinobi detection is working fine, but i would prefer to offload the processing to the cameras for accuracy and better resource preservation of the server.

The best i can get is 'username or password is wrong'. I'm using the credentials i use to login to Shinobi: `[email protected]`

I've gone with the default paths illustrated here: https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/LyCI3yQsUTouSAJ

HikVision doesn't allow paths with `/` per the instructions. I've tried various permutations of root/parent/child settings in the cameras GUI to no avail. Using the Monitor ID, or that with the Group Key (what collates the monitors) and even root (which gives no options).

The directory structure is there, i can see it in the docker console. The camera just won't communicate with it. I'm using the cameras and on a VLAN (like SpaceInvader did) and Shinobi is in the same VLAN.

image.png.b0df7593390a53ec07fd31705e920f65.png

image.png.3b11d0978333a54d809396a410d51374.png

image.png.52801ffd0afc4dfcbb6a4cfc83f8a6b3.png

• 1 month later...

I have shinobi working well based on all this.  Thanks heaps.  One of my cams is a reolink E1 - cloud only, but there is a neolink docker that can act as a bridge to those - but i cant get it working as its on a different network - no matter what I do to the FW config (USG), it just cant connect.

Having never heard of shinob before and doing some googling, I then find out all this 'object detection' stuff.

I found sinobi-tensorflow on docker hub and installed that, pointed it all at the shinobi host/ip, went into shinobi for a camera feed and turned all that object detention stuff on - but I am stumped on what to do to enable the tensorflow plugin in shinobi.  Online they are all standalone installs and not dockers.  Would be great if you made a video to enhance all this with the tensorflow docker.

I tried running INSTALL.sh from the docker terminal /plugins/tensorflow folder but get permission denied.  I feel I have to make a json to match but I am out of my depth.

Edited by vw-kombi

The folks on the Shinobi Discord server told me to try dashboard-v3 to solve my problem with recordings (just a copy of input stream) freezing several times for some seconds. Is there a version of this container with dashboard-v3? Or is there a chance it can be in the near future?

I gave up on the motion detection inside shinobi.  It was rubbish and I played with its settings for days to try and get reduced false positives, or actual motion events.  In the end I instead followed the shinobi FTP event documentation online so now when the cams see motion, they drop anything via FTP to shinobi (i.e just a snapshot, no vid needed), which tells shinobi to do the recording.  This is now working flawlessly.  I tried using the smtp event firing but could not get that to work - could not find the smtp server (may have been my firewall config however).

The only issues I am facing is that one cam fires a discord event and the other cam does not (always does it from the test screen with manual motion however).  Unfortunately, the one that is not working is the primary one I want the discord event on (walking up to door).  

And finally, the discord event is being sent to quick - i.e I only get the motion object in the last half second.  Yet the recorded video of the event is perfect (about 5 seconds pre event and 20 seconds after).  I Googled the hell out of that but seems an issue with others also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 10:08 AM, b0m541 said:

The folks on the Shinobi Discord server told me to try dashboard-v3 to solve my problem with recordings (just a copy of input stream) freezing several times for some seconds. Is there a version of this container with dashboard-v3? Or is there a chance it can be in the near future?

+1

I just came home to many things not working in unraid - even the console gui. was a 500 error.  I found every CPU max 100%.  I use cpu pinning and nothing is allowed them all like this except shinobi as it is new.  I was able to telnet in and do a docker stop shinobipro and all was working again.  Its not set to use its OWN CPU's and not the same as Unraid / primary dockers.   Just a heads in in case it runs away on any of you like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been running Shinobi for about 2 years without much issues.  Today I realized that none of my cameras had any recordings for the past 2 days. Turns out that my dedicated unassigned drive was completely full with recordings back to 2021.  The shinobi gui says the drive is only 13% used.  Has anyone seen this?  any advice on fixing it?  It's set to only keep recordings up to 30 days.  I had to manually delete recordings.  I restarted Shinobi but it's still not purging old recordings.

Ever since I updated the container 2 months ago, Shinobi has been running out of space and not deleting old files.  I thought I had something messed up so I deleted all the recordings and double checked the settings to delete after 30 days.  Now it's run over again and locked up at max storage.  Only thing I changed was updating the container.  Not sure what's going on.  Anyone else with the issue?

13 hours ago, RodWorks said:

Ever since I updated the container 2 months ago, Shinobi has been running out of space and not deleting old files.  I thought I had something messed up so I deleted all the recordings and double checked the settings to delete after 30 days.  Now it's run over again and locked up at max storage.  Only thing I changed was updating the container.  Not sure what's going on.  Anyone else with the issue?

Yes 

@SpaceInvaderOne Please advise

Does anyone know how to forward the port 21 on shinobi container so my reolink cameras can ftp trigger event recordings?

Apparently shinobi comes pre-loaded with port 21 open but its not actually open via the container? (if that makes sense) reolink says failure to connect and filezilla seems to constantly get connection refused errors. 

the instructions for enabling FTP are here and they are clear as day but i believe the port is closed container/docker side?

On 4/22/2022 at 4:55 PM, Joeyleigh said:

Does anyone know how to forward the port 21 on shinobi container so my reolink cameras can ftp trigger event recordings?

Apparently shinobi comes pre-loaded with port 21 open but its not actually open via the container? (if that makes sense) reolink says failure to connect and filezilla seems to constantly get connection refused errors. 

the instructions for enabling FTP are here and they are clear as day but i believe the port is closed container/docker side?

following these directions will open the port.  

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/LyCI3yQsUTouSAJ

On 4/19/2022 at 10:23 AM, ax77 said:

Yes 

@SpaceInvaderOne Please advise

I deleted the storage drive manually again and set it to delete after 2 days just to see if it would start deleting again.  Appears that it isn't still.  Also, restarted Maria DB and made sure it's connected in the logs.

What's interesting is the Shinobi UI shows a different storage capacity than the drive itself shows.  The Shinobi capacity is consistent with 2 days of recordings at 250 gb, while the drive is actually at 1.72 tb and growing consistent with the time since I wiped it last.

Edit: Just checked the files on the drive and they go back to 4/19 even though my settings say to delete after 2 days.  However, I can't access them in the Shinobi UI even though they're visible files on the drive.

Edited by RodWorks
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 8:08 PM, b0m541 said:

I was told the same thing on Discord, monitors simply go black every now and again "Reconnect stream turns red but does nothing if I click it, refreshing the screen brings it back.  I also have an issue with the "Monitor Group" function, I had two groups set up and wanted to change them, I deleted the old groups but can't seem to get new ones working. I love the limited resource use, and would love the app if I could figure out how to enlarge a monitor view without having to back up and select individual monitor.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Chas

On 4/25/2022 at 3:02 PM, RodWorks said:

Anyone have a link to the prior version until this one gets worked out?  Checked the docker hub and there's no archive.

Edit: Moved to the Selfhosters Shinobi container.  No issues any more.

@RodWorks is setting up that container pretty much the same?

On top of the drive issue I just lost access through my reverse proxy and can't figure out why.  Other reverse proxies are working fine

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone here can help me figure this out. I hadn't logged into the Shinobi web ui in a while and then I tried recently without success. My shinobipro docker log is saying that various tables do not exist, such as shinobi.Schedules, shinobi.logs, etc. (attached a section of the log), and when I went into the mariadb logs via terminal I found a lot of "error 81" messages saying that Shinobi doesn't have permission to access the db. (attached a section of that log as well).

It was all working fine before, I never changed anything, and I'm not sure when this issue started. Currently on Unraid 6.10.1 (not sure if the issue started after the Unraid OS update).

shinobipro_log.txt mariadb_log.txt

Edited by eaglephantom
  • 1 month later...