[Support] spaceinvaderone - Shinobi Pro

Thanks for that. I added tzdata to the docker per the command. However, I think the timezone change caused issues in displaying videos that have already been recorded. Not sure if anyone knows how to clear all recorded videos in Shinobi?

EDIT: Actually it seems like only the motion events are saved to the DB. I think for videos it just tries to detect what videos are available based on the filenames. I just started with a clean slate and deleted all videos for now. Moving forward all files created have the correct timestamp in the file name at least.

Edited by constellation
On 12/30/2019 at 9:10 AM, Sjef said:

Hello Spaceinvaderone, 

Thank you for all the videos about shinobi ! 1 short question. Will you also cover installing plugins inside this docker ? I would like to experiment with object detection :)

Best regards,

Sjef

I second this motion ! (well object detection anyway :) )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys 

Can you please help i have followed Spaceinvaderone video on how to set up Shinobi pro at home. I have a pair of Anran 1080p Wifi enabled cameras on my house which I can view using Ispy connect running in a windows 10 vm however I would like to use them directly through Shinobi Pro for the reasons described in Spaceinvaderonevideo. The problem I have is I can view both cameras with a thumb nail however when when i have clicked on the thumbnail all i get is a blank screen (see attached) has any one got any ideas?      

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 10.10.37 (2).png

On 2/2/2020 at 10:22 AM, Martintheshred said:

Hi Guys 

Can you please help i have followed Spaceinvaderone video on how to set up Shinobi pro at home. I have a pair of Anran 1080p Wifi enabled cameras on my house which I can view using Ispy connect running in a windows 10 vm however I would like to use them directly through Shinobi Pro for the reasons described in Spaceinvaderonevideo. The problem I have is I can view both cameras with a thumb nail however when when i have clicked on the thumbnail all i get is a blank screen (see attached) has any one got any ideas?      

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 10.10.37 (2).png

Hi all,

I'm just getting started with Shinobi which I like so far especially because of the API that works very well with my home automation system (Jeedom.

1st Issue:

I am having almost the same issue here.

What I mean is that I have 6 cameras that are working fine when I fire up Shinobi. 3 of them are recording 24/7. However, after a random amount of time (from few minutes to several hours/days) the monitors of some cameras will become black, similare to Martintheshred's screenshot.

The funny thing is that even if the monitors turn black, the recording are stillworking just fine.

Also, when I switch a black monitor from recording to watch only (or vice versa), the monitor will work again.

2nd Issue: RAM usage

For some reason, after a few days running, Shinobi usues more than 20GB on my unraid server. When I fire it up it's only few gigs. Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks!!!

OK - a couple of questions.

1. What do I need to do to get my nvidia card working with it?

2. The Letsencrypt reverse proxy doesn't want to work for me. I get bad gateway errors.

shinobi.subdomain.conf 

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name shinobi.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        proxy_pass http://10.0.3.100:8080;
            proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
            proxy_set_header Connection 'upgrade';
            proxy_set_header Host $host;                          
  }
}

No idea why it isn't working

For black images, if you dont use sound (jpeg mode stream does not support sound) a work around is the following:

1) On each camera setting in shinobi (all of the cameras) enable jpeg api. Set a reasonable FPS like 3-5 depending on CPU.

2) In the top left menu under your name, scroll down and turn on jpeg mode.

This will allow any issues with the streaming protocol to fall back to jpegs while your recording is left untouched.

You can also use this setup if you want the recording to be h.265 while still being able to stream the image in a browser via jpeg mode.

P

Edit: Above post - shinobi shouldnt be reencoding except under special circumstances. Your recording type and stream type should be set to 'copy' if it is anything else, and you cannot provide a logical explication as to why you are choosing to reencode, then you have set it up wrong.

Edited by PeteAsking
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone managed to get the two NIC's option spaceinvader referenced instead of the VLAN to work properly?  I followed his video and couldn't get it to work.  I have two NIC's (eth0 or Br0 and eth1 or Br1) and I have set docker to use the Br1 custom network I created.  When I open the WebUI for Shinobi in the browser it times out and won't connect to the IP.  I wanted to have my cameras on a separate network isolated from my main that has my home devices and internet access as was mentioned in the YT video.  I currently have eth1 connected to an old router set to the 192.168.5.0 range and from there a POE unmanaged switch powering my IP cameras.

50660608_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.764f9e79b965e9c922d365ccea9b64f2.png

1254386575_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.ce22b6ebd43de647115162cac7bf1a18.png

Inkedscreencapture-192-168-0-176-Settings-NetworkSettings-2020-02-08-02_12_11_LI.thumb.jpg.54540abe2138150d282cd89a2cfe3128.jpg

Edited by TheBawse

I followed the video instructions and this is what I get.

Copy custom configuration files ...
cp: cannot stat '/config/*': No such file or directory
No custom config files found.
Create default config file /opt/shinobi/conf.json ...
Create default config file /opt/shinobi/super.json ...
Create default config file /opt/shinobi/plugins/motion/conf.json ...
Hash admin password ...
MariaDB Directory ...
Installing MariaDB ...
Installing MariaDB/MySQL system tables in '/var/lib/mysql' ...
2020-02-16 22:40:56 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: preallocating 12582912 bytes for file ./ibdata1 failed with error 95
2020-02-16 22:40:56 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: Could not set the file size of './ibdata1'. Probably out of disk space
2020-02-16 22:40:56 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: Database creation was aborted with error Generic error. You may need to delete the ibdata1 file before trying to start up again.
2020-02-16 22:40:57 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
2020-02-16 22:40:57 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
2020-02-16 22:40:57 0 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
2020-02-16 22:40:57 0 [ERROR] Aborting

Installation of system tables failed! Examine the logs in
/var/lib/mysql for more information.

The problem could be conflicting information in an external
my.cnf files. You can ignore these by doing:

shell> /usr/bin/mysql_install_db --defaults-file=~/.my.cnf

You can also try to start the mysqld daemon with:

shell> /usr/bin/mysqld --skip-grant-tables --general-log &

and use the command line tool /usr/bin/mysql
to connect to the mysql database and look at the grant tables:

shell> /usr/bin/mysql -u root mysql
mysql> show tables;

Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths. Using
--general-log gives you a log in /var/lib/mysql that may be helpful.

The latest information about mysql_install_db is available at
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/installing-system-tables-mysql_install_db
You can find the latest source at https://downloads.mariadb.org and
the maria-discuss email list at https://launchpad.net/~maria-discuss

Please check all of the above before submitting a bug report
at http://mariadb.org/jira

Capture.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, is it just me or does this container erase your .conf file everytime you reboot?  I enable the fTP and then it erases my config next restart.

Set keys for CRON and PLUGINS from environment variables ...
cpuUsageMarker: CPU
Changes Complete. Here is what it is now.
{
"port": 8080,
"addStorage": [
{
"name": "second",
"path": "__DIR__/videos2"
}
],

"host": "127.0.0.1",
"user": "majesticflame",
"password": "",
"database": "ccio",
"port": 3306
},
"mail": {
"service": "gmail",
"auth": {
"user": "[email protected]",
"pass": "your_password_or_app_specific_password"
}
},
"cron": {
"key": "fd6c7849-904d-47ea-922b-5143358ba0de"
},
"pluginKeys": {
"Motion": "b7502fd9-506c-4dda-9b56-8e699a6bc41c",
"OpenCV": "f078bcfe-c39a-4eb5-bd52-9382ca828e8a",
"OpenALPR": "dbff574e-9d4a-44c1-b578-3dc0f1944a3c"
},
"productType": "Pro",
"cpuUsageMarker": "CPU"
}

Seems to be the offending section.  For example, delete the second video location and it comes back next time the container restarts.

Edited by spamalam

Hi Everyone, 

I keep getting a cannot resolve host error when I connect Shinobi to the vlan 50 address.

fatal: unable to access 'https://gitlab.com/Shinobi-Systems/Shinobi.git/': Could not resolve host: gitlab.com

When I connect it to the bridge or proxynet networks it is successful and works. I have built my vlan on pfsense and it is giving dhcp leases and connecting to the internet. I have deleted Shinobi and I have followed Spaceinvaderone's directions, many times over, and get the same results.  Many thanks Sir for your awesome videos!  

Vlans is enabled in eth0 with number 50.

Docker is configured with br0.50  and address is 192.168.50.0 with 192.168.50.1 set for the gateway

Shinobi pro  container is configured 192.168.50.10 using port 8080 

Ping from Unraid terminal to 50.1 successful 

Ping form Unraid terminal to 50.10 fails

Ping from Pfsense Lan and cctv interfaces to 50.1 successful

clearly the container is not connecting to the 50.0 network, or it is being blocked, I do not know how to proceed from here. 

Any help resolving this deserves great gratitude.  

Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Spaceinvaderone, love your videos, keep them coming. 

I am struggling to get the reverse proxy to work on the shinobi pro container you made. I followed your instructions in the video and I keep getting the 502 gateway error. I have four other docker containers running the reverse proxy just fine, it just seems to not work with the shinobi pro container. I checked my firewall settings thinking that was preventing the proxy from going through, but that doesn't appear to be the issue. Any idea what it might be? What information would I need to provide you/the community to help me figure this out?

Thanks!

Dan

On 3/7/2020 at 2:27 PM, dawhit said:

Hi Everyone, 

I keep getting a cannot resolve host error when I connect Shinobi to the vlan 50 address.

fatal: unable to access 'https://gitlab.com/Shinobi-Systems/Shinobi.git/': Could not resolve host: gitlab.com

When I connect it to the bridge or proxynet networks it is successful and works. I have built my vlan on pfsense and it is giving dhcp leases and connecting to the internet. I have deleted Shinobi and I have followed Spaceinvaderone's directions, many times over, and get the same results.  Many thanks Sir for your awesome videos!  

Vlans is enabled in eth0 with number 50.

Docker is configured with br0.50  and address is 192.168.50.0 with 192.168.50.1 set for the gateway

Shinobi pro  container is configured 192.168.50.10 using port 8080 

Ping from Unraid terminal to 50.1 successful 

Ping form Unraid terminal to 50.10 fails

Ping from Pfsense Lan and cctv interfaces to 50.1 successful

clearly the container is not connecting to the 50.0 network, or it is being blocked, I do not know how to proceed from here. 

Any help resolving this deserves great gratitude.  

Thank you 

Did you setup a DHCP server with your VLAN 50?  Make sure the static ip you gave to the shinobi pro container is outside the DHCP range.  If thats not the problem, the next thing I would check is your firewall settings on your router.  I was getting that same error and it turns out the firewall was blocking traffic on that VLAN.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Thanks Dan,

Yes, I have the DHCP server enabled on the vlan 50 network.  I also have 4 cameras working on this vlan. I can access the cameras from the lan interface with ease. Wondering if my nic can cause this problem. It is only running at 100 speed and half duplex. It should be at gig speeds. I'm still trying to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your help 

David