[Support] spaceinvaderone - Shinobi Pro

First of all I would like to thank SpaceInvaderOne for his excellent videos!!!

As far as the wrong time zone, mwells suggestion works but it is not persistent across reboots of the container.

I have added the following path to the container. This seems to have fixed the problem with time.

tz.PNG.3f4ea670d4c77c2dae7224492b5ce915.PNG

Also regarding the config file being erased across reboots I have placed the conf.json file with my changes inside the appdata/shinobi_pro folder.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I just started running into an error with the shinobi_pro docker container.  The container is not starting and I am getting the following error in the log file:

error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge:
package-lock.json
Please move or remove them before you merge.
Aborting

Anyone else having the same issue?  I've restarted unraid and completely removed and reinstalled the shinobi_pro container, and I am still getting the error. Thoughts?

Dan

1 minute ago, e46forlife said:

I just started running into an error with the shinobi_pro docker container.  The container is not starting and I am getting the following error in the log file:

error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge:
package-lock.json
Aborting

Anyone else having the same issue?  I've restarted unraid and completely removed and reinstalled the shinobi_pro container, and I am still getting the error. Thoughts?

Dan

Morning - I'm having the same issue;

package-lock.json
Aborting

Haven't found a way to resolve it.

@FFV  Glad I'm not the only one. From what I can tell, I think its an issue with a bad merge in git.  Not really sure how to fix it and I think we may have to wait until the repo is updated or fixed to resolve the issue.

Maybe someone else has some insight?

Edited by e46forlife
10 minutes ago, e46forlife said:

package-lock.json
Aborting

Dan

Same here...

5 hours ago, e46forlife said:

package-lock.json
Aborting

Dan

Hi, same error here as well! Hopefully @SpaceInvaderOne will be able to shead some light on the issue?

Cheers,

Tim

I believe the correct fix would need to be in the docker image definition or the source repo.  However, if you're looking for a quick/temporary fix the following worked for me:

1) find all package-lock.json files in the docker file system

find /var/lib/docker -name 'package-lock.json'

2) Remove the ones that are associated with shinobi:

eg.

rm /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/<some-volumenhash>/opt/shinobi/package-lock.json

3) In the Unraid 'Docker' tab, enable the 'Advanced view' (top right), and 'Force Update' the shinobi pro container

1 hour ago, Raf02 said:

I believe the correct fix would need to be in the docker image definition or the source repo.  However, if you're looking for a quick/temporary fix the following worked for me:

1) find all package-lock.json files in the docker file system

find /var/lib/docker -name 'package-lock.json'

2) Remove the ones that are associated with shinobi:

eg.

rm /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/<some-volumenhash>/opt/shinobi/package-lock.json

3) In the Unraid 'Docker' tab, enable the 'Advanced view' (top right), and 'Force Update' the shinobi pro container

Hi, tried that and unfortunately didn't work and for some reason filled my docker image upto 82%!!!???

Whats that about?

Cheers

Tim

If having the problem with untracked working tree error then please do the following (very similar to what @Raf02suggests - thanks Raf) 

(New installs wont have this problem)

Goto Unraid webui and click on icon to open terminal prompt

Run the following command

find /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/*/opt/shinobi/package-lock.json -delete

Then in the Unraid 'Docker' tab, enable the 'Advanced view' (top right) after which you will see force update available for each container. Force update your shinobi container.

This morning I tried to log into shinobi pro and I kept getting page can not be found, tried several times. I have a portainer docker, a krusader docker and a emby docker  and had no issue logging into any of them. I proceeded to remove and delete everything associated with the shinobi pro docker, then reinstall it only to get the same page can not be found . I removed everything again and install shinobi by Ulisses1478 and was able to log into shinobi as super, but it will not allow me to add a user or anything else. Whats up with shinobi today I had No issue logging into shinobi pro yesterday.

44 minutes ago, MothyTim said:

Hi, tried that and unfortunately didn't work and for some reason filled my docker image upto 82%!!!???

Whats that about?

Cheers

Tim

How can a find command screw up docker? Just had to reboot to get it working again! Had to hard reset as Unraid wouldn't do a clean shutdown! Docker Image still stuck at 82% it was 58% before I ran that command. I don't understand!

tower-diagnostics-20200407-1643.zip

2 hours ago, SpaceInvaderOne said:

If having the problem with untracked working tree error then please do the following (very similar to what @Raf02suggests - thanks Raf) 

(New installs wont have this problem)

Goto Unraid webui and click on icon to open terminal prompt

Run the following command

find /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/*/opt/shinobi/package-lock.json -delete

Then in the Unraid 'Docker' tab, enable the 'Advanced view' (top right) after which you will see force update available for each container. Force update your shinobi container.

This worked perfectly!  Thanks @SpaceInvaderOne and @Raf02 for the assistance!

2 hours ago, MothyTim said:

How can a find command screw up docker? Just had to reboot to get it working again! Had to hard reset as Unraid wouldn't do a clean shutdown! Docker Image still stuck at 82% it was 58% before I ran that command. I don't understand!

tower-diagnostics-20200407-1643.zip 124.75 kB · 0 downloads

The find command wouldn't change your docker image size.  If you ran the delete command @SpaceInvaderOne posted then it would actually decrease your docker file size by a very tiny amount.  

The size of the docker image is determined by the files that make up all your dockers containers.   If it's growing too fast then these are some possibilities:

- you installed more docker containers and need to increase the allocated size of the docker image.  (ie. growing from legitimate usage)

- you've misconfigured one of the containers and its writing to your docker image instead of your array.  This is easy to do - especially with downloading tools or video recorders - where the video/download data is inadvertently written to the docker image instead of to a mounted path on your array.  

1 hour ago, Raf02 said:

The find command wouldn't change your docker image size.  If you ran the delete command @SpaceInvaderOne posted then it would actually decrease your docker file size by a very tiny amount.  

The size of the docker image is determined by the files that make up all your dockers containers.   If it's growing too fast then these are some possibilities:

- you installed more docker containers and need to increase the allocated size of the docker image.  (ie. growing from legitimate usage)

- you've misconfigured one of the containers and its writing to your docker image instead of your array.  This is easy to do - especially with downloading tools or video recorders - where the video/download data is inadvertently written to the docker image instead of to a mounted path on your array.  

Yes I know and after rebooting I ran SpaceInvaderOne’s delete command and it worked, Shinobi is now working again!

Yes I know and all the containers have been working for months in fact I think the Shinobi one was the only ones I’ve installed this year! Image size has hardly changed in the month since. I was strange I ran the command you suggested and it was returning results then paused and I noticed the cpu was maxed out on all cores, then I got a warning docker image size at 70% and kept going up quickly to 82% then it stopped there and the results carried on coming until finished! Found the Shinobi line ran rm. but didn’t work in fact whatever happened crashed docker because all the other images had become unresponsive! It’s got to be a coincidence, but what else could of happened all I did was copy and paste your command which looked perfectly fine to me! 

1 hour ago, UnraidDuck said:

The fix from @SpaceInvaderOne worked fine for me. No restart necessary. 

What I still can't figure out, the license situation. According to the YT video, the pro license is free for home use. Could somebody point me to where I can obtain the free pro license?

Hey @UnraidDuck,

Are you referring to the prompt when you open the shinobi webUI asking for donations for certain parts of the software? The one that asked if you want to hide the pop-up for a week?

8 hours ago, UnraidDuck said:

Yes, that's the one.

popup.png

So in order to get rid of that pop up, you have to subscribe to one of the three different subscriptions. I did the mobile license myself since that's where I would most like to see development. Once you subscribe, you'll get a subscription code which you can put into your conf.json file from the /super login panel as:

"subscriptionId":"sub_yoursubcode",

Worked just fine for me - hopefully that helps you.

18 hours ago, e46forlife said:

So in order to get rid of that pop up, you have to subscribe to one of the three different subscriptions. I did the mobile license myself since that's where I would most like to see development. Once you subscribe, you'll get a subscription code which you can put into your conf.json file from the /super login panel as:

"subscriptionId":"sub_yoursubcode",

Worked just fine for me - hopefully that helps you.

Thank you for the response. I got how to put a license into the conf.json out of the weekly reminder from Shinobi. My question is more about the claim, that the “pro” license is free for home use, hence my quote of the @SpaceInvaderOne setup video, which btw is incredibly helpful and as always very well done. From the video I got the impression that there was a way to use the pro version as a home user for free.

If I would guess that maybe something changed in the licensing after making of the video? Since a pro license is $75 a month or $900 every year, an Unraid App with the Shinobi CE would be much more feasible.

4 hours ago, UnraidDuck said:

From the video I got the impression that there was a way to use the pro version as a home user for free.

There is no requirement to pay for a license, all the features of pro are free to use. If clicking on the "don't show for 1 week" is not acceptable to you, yes, you need to pay to remove the popup.

https://shinobi.video/pro

It's set up this way because many businesses have this hang up about using open source software and donating voluntarily, but they will happily pay a license fee for a product they like. The model shinobi is using allows them to get licensing fees from businesses while still offering the same features for free if you wish.

tldr; It's just legal licensing to allow some businesses to use the software, you don't have to pay if you don't want to.

• Like 2