[Support] spaceinvaderone - Shinobi Pro

On 2/16/2020 at 3:45 PM, HeadPCRepair said:

I followed the video instructions and this is what I get.

Copy custom configuration files ...
cp: cannot stat '/config/*': No such file or directory
No custom config files found.
Create default config file /opt/shinobi/conf.json ...
Create default config file /opt/shinobi/super.json ...
Create default config file /opt/shinobi/plugins/motion/conf.json ...
Hash admin password ...
MariaDB Directory ...
Installing MariaDB ...
Installing MariaDB/MySQL system tables in '/var/lib/mysql' ...
2020-02-16 22:40:56 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: preallocating 12582912 bytes for file ./ibdata1 failed with error 95
2020-02-16 22:40:56 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: Could not set the file size of './ibdata1'. Probably out of disk space
2020-02-16 22:40:56 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: Database creation was aborted with error Generic error. You may need to delete the ibdata1 file before trying to start up again.
2020-02-16 22:40:57 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
2020-02-16 22:40:57 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
2020-02-16 22:40:57 0 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
2020-02-16 22:40:57 0 [ERROR] Aborting

Installation of system tables failed! Examine the logs in
/var/lib/mysql for more information.

The problem could be conflicting information in an external
my.cnf files. You can ignore these by doing:

shell> /usr/bin/mysql_install_db --defaults-file=~/.my.cnf

You can also try to start the mysqld daemon with:

shell> /usr/bin/mysqld --skip-grant-tables --general-log &

and use the command line tool /usr/bin/mysql
to connect to the mysql database and look at the grant tables:

shell> /usr/bin/mysql -u root mysql
mysql> show tables;

Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths. Using
--general-log gives you a log in /var/lib/mysql that may be helpful.

The latest information about mysql_install_db is available at
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/installing-system-tables-mysql_install_db
You can find the latest source at https://downloads.mariadb.org and
the maria-discuss email list at https://launchpad.net/~maria-discuss

Please check all of the above before submitting a bug report
at http://mariadb.org/jira

Did you ever get a fix for this?  I get the exact same thing.  I have tried everything I can think of but nothing works.

9 hours ago, thestraycat said:

Yup - Same here. Wondering if the timelapse folder needs to be set up as a variable in the docker or template or whether shinobi needs the timelapse destination referenced somewhere in the application. My install dosn't even really attempt to export it, high CPU load, then just gives up after about 5 seconds.

Im not to sure what is was doing before it broke but from the error being thrown, I think it is trying to grab what would be the created mp4 from the fileBin directory (which exists) but because nothing is in there after clicking the download button, it does nothing. 

I'm assuming that this is the location where after converting the jpegs to the mp4, it then pulls the mp4 file to be downloaded but it doesn't seem to be converting at all.

I hope this is the correct spot to post this, my apologies if it isn't.

I have just installed ShinobiPRO on unraid and ti all looks right with no errors in any logs. However, when I login as super/admin I get the following error (Screenshot), "Database is not running or unreachable. Please ensure it is started then restart Shinobi. By default Shinobi uses MariaDB, an SQL server, as the database engine."

However the suggested fix on the link doesn't appear to help as I cannot find the mysql terminal application anyplace and paths are different. I have removed and reinstalled ShinobiPRO and gone into the appdata/ShinobiPro folder and removed all content left behind there, and then reinstalled and I get the same error. 

My unraid system has only ever been used for file sharing and this is the first docker container it has had. I am on Unraid 6.8.3 and so far this is my first problem. 

Does anyone have any pointers to get this going?

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, Dragosani said:

I hope this is the correct spot to post this, my apologies if it isn't.

I have just installed ShinobiPRO on unraid and ti all looks right with no errors in any logs. However, when I login as super/admin I get the following error (Screenshot), "Database is not running or unreachable. Please ensure it is started then restart Shinobi. By default Shinobi uses MariaDB, an SQL server, as the database engine."

However the suggested fix on the link doesn't appear to help as I cannot find the mysql terminal application anyplace and paths are different. I have removed and reinstalled ShinobiPRO and gone into the appdata/ShinobiPro folder and removed all content left behind there, and then reinstalled and I get the same error. 

My unraid system has only ever been used for file sharing and this is the first docker container it has had. I am on Unraid 6.8.3 and so far this is my first problem. 

Does anyone have any pointers to get this going?

Capture.JPG

I had the same prob. I created a new database by using mariadb, then just set shinobi to use that location. Then on the next bootup shinobi will create whatever is needed...

Use spaceinvaders nextcloud youtube video as example how to create database using mariadb.

I managed to nerf my container and tried reinstalling it all from scratch. Deleted the appdata and so forth.

Now when i start the docker it wont connect to the DB saying:

s.sqlQuery ERROR Error: ER_BAD_DB_ERROR: Unknown database 'ccio'

Am I missing something?

On another note, has anyone tried adding Yolo models? What happens to the plugins directory where they reside, and the config files when pushing a new update?

Is it possible to get the Shinobi docker to use two storage locations?

I.e. if i pass it two unassigned drives (only the first one is the "video storage location", and the second i just added as another path. Cant seem to get it to work.

I'd like to split cameras across 2 unassigned drives.

shinobi_2drive.PNG

Edited by Oxxy
Added attachment
On 5/15/2020 at 1:06 PM, Sublivion said:

I had the same prob. I created a new database by using mariadb, then just set shinobi to use that location. Then on the next bootup shinobi will create whatever is needed...

Use spaceinvaders nextcloud youtube video as example how to create database using mariadb.

Thought I'd expand on this as it took some time for me to figure out what changes were needed in the shinobi container, and it might help out someone else:

Created a mariadb database as follows:

CREATE USER ‘shinobi’ IDENTIFIED by ‘password’;

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS shinobi;

GRANT ALL PRIVILAGES ON shinobi.* TO ‘shinobi’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password’;

now you can edit the shinobipro container and make the following changes based on the new mariadb database created above:

MYSQL_USER: shinobi

MYSQL_DATABASE: shinobi

MYSQL_HOST: IP address of unraid

maria db database location, change it to: /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb/databases/shinobi/

MYSQL_PASSWORD: password

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, mattmill said:

My server pulled the latest build last night but now I can't log in? My details are saved in Bitwarden so they are definitely correct. Has something changed?

Dunno if you figured it out yet but I had the same problem and it seems this update cleared the saved passwords for some.

What I ended doing was going to the super page and logging in using the admin/password from the docker creation page. My old account was still there so I just typed in the same password again and that got it working. I had some additional users in the admin page that I had to delete and add again since I didn't see anywhere I could update the password.

Edited by cyndor1
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, jevan23 said:

Thought I'd expand on this as it took some time for me to figure out what changes were needed in the shinobi container, and it might help out someone else:

now you can edit the shinobipro container and make the following changes based on the new mariadb database created above:

maria db database location, change it to: /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb/databases/shinobi/

Many thanks. That looks like it has got it all going. Just in time too, camera's arrive tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Dragosani said:

Many thanks. That looks like it has got it all going. Just in time too, camera's arrive tomorrow. 

This should be, PRIVILEGES not PRIVILAGES. 

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON shinobi.* TO 'shinobi' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

I got this figured out and am able to use the MariaDB inside the container to make this work. No need to run a dedicated MariaDB docker instance.

First, make sure the shinobipro docker container is running. Log into the console of the container, either by using the unraid feature or by this command:

docker exec -ti shinobipro sh

Next, create the database and tables...

mysql
source sql/framework.sql;
source sql/user.sql;
exit

Now restart the container and it will work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9
5 hours ago, runraid said:

I got this figured out and am able to use the MariaDB inside the container to make this work. No need to run a dedicated MariaDB docker instance.

First, make sure the shinobipro docker container is running. Log into the console of the container, either by using the unraid feature or by this command:

mysql
source sql/user.sql;
exit

Yup, it does suck a bit, something changed and my database got corrupted with the update a week ago, I Spent days trying to fix it and reinstalling didn't work either.

Ended up doing above. I feel like @SpaceInvaderOne missed something in the update but I don't think he has connected in a while. We'll see, I had to setup my cameras again but I have it all working again.

If you look here you will see it's a direct pull from another image, all spaceinvaderone has done is provide the XML for the unraid definitions. 

Maybe research the base image to see if any missing variables you can manually add.

I personally migrated to the migoller/shinobidocker:microservice-ffmpeg image so I can point at my own mariadb docker.

Dave 

On 5/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, runraid said:

mysql
source sql/user.sql;
exit

Fantastic post. Had this exact problem. This worked!

• Thanks 1
On 5/17/2020 at 5:10 AM, jevan23 said:

Hey, I've tried the exact same procedure. It doesn't work. I'm always getting the following error message in the docker log:

image.png.dfb43c1c87b9b42f15ff1df1913d1e99.png

I've created the database and user and checked the connection to my mariadb docker, that is already hosting like 3 databases.

image.png.f8bd06ccf11618c7f501abad528fd517.png

I can't figure out what is wrong.

1 hour ago, pappaq said:

Hey, I've tried the exact same procedure. It doesn't work. I'm always getting the following error message in the docker log:

image.png.dfb43c1c87b9b42f15ff1df1913d1e99.png

I've created the database and user and checked the connection to my mariadb docker, that is already hosting like 3 databases.

image.png.f8bd06ccf11618c7f501abad528fd517.png

I can't figure out what is wrong.

After a few re-installations it seems to run for now. Thanks anyway.

I had to reinstall today and it seems there's a few problems.

1. install scripts are not creating db (few posts above describe this)
  2. I'm not able to add this user:

image.thumb.png.437be2ca68e81008c0112602e2cacd96.png

When i click add account, populate all the information and save, it doesn't do anything at all. No errors in UI or logs, no indication of saving.  Refreshing the doesn't show the user I attempted to create. 

Noticed the author updated a day ago and also know that gitlab upgraded today.   <maybe that's it>

19 minutes ago, repomanz said:

I had to reinstall today and it seems there's a few problems.

1. install scripts are not creating db (few posts above describe this)
  2. I'm not able to add this user:

image.thumb.png.437be2ca68e81008c0112602e2cacd96.png

When i click add account, populate all the information and save, it doesn't do anything at all. No errors in UI or logs, no indication of saving.  Refreshing the doesn't show the user I attempted to create. 

Noticed the author updated a day ago and also know that gitlab upgraded today.   <maybe that's it>

Try doing it with the JavaScript Console open and see if you see any errors. It's generally under the Developer menu for most browsers.

41 minutes ago, Robsar said:

I've installed ShinobiPro for the first time and I'm getting the error with Unknown database 'ccio' as well.

I'm unable to connect to the WebUI.

Any ideas how to fix?

Make sure the Shinobi docker is running, then open a console for the docker (click on the Shinobi icon, then choose "Console"), then run the following:

mysql
source sql/user.sql;
exit