[Support] spaceinvaderone - Shinobi Pro

On 5/18/2020 at 12:29 PM, runraid said:

I got this figured out and am able to use the MariaDB inside the container to make this work. No need to run a dedicated MariaDB docker instance.

First, make sure the shinobipro docker container is running. Log into the console of the container, either by using the unraid feature or by this command:

docker exec -ti shinobipro sh

Next, create the database and tables...

mysql
source sql/framework.sql;
source sql/user.sql;
exit

Now restart the container and it will work.

Massive thanks for this! I created an account just to let people know that this solution works if you want to use the internal DB :)

Sorry, not following U.

What container?

Thx.

UPDATE: 

My misstake, I did something very dumb! I accidentally assigned my "unassigned drive" as the cache drive, thus it dissapeared from unassigned devices, Im re-installing Shinobi, let me see how it goes and I'll keeo you posted.

Edited by rojarrolla

So OK, even though I made a misstake regarding the Drives, I fixed it, and now I can get to Shinobi's GUI, however I get the next message:

122028286_ScreenShot2020-06-01at10_19_52PM.thumb.png.38bdbecfa35e265640911af95e45385d.png

I kow what your are thinking, and you are right: "Why didn´t you do as indicated in that error message?". The answer is simple, I just cant even find shinobi's directory! :(1466700278_ScreenShot2020-06-01at10_22_32PM.png.886ec0a8c9af373a88bf320775c92fc9.png

I know many of you are pulling rabbits from your hats, but believe me, istalling unraid was the easy part, configuring it to work is way harder.

There is my log file again.

Shinobi Log.txt

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

rajorrala. follow this instruction

On 5/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, runraid said:

I got this figured out and am able to use the MariaDB inside the container to make this work. No need to run a dedicated MariaDB docker instance.

First, make sure the shinobipro docker container is running. Log into the console of the container, either by using the unraid feature or by this command:

mysql source sql/framework.sql; source sql/user.sql; exit

3 hours ago, repomanz said:

rajorrala. follow this instruction

On 5/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, runraid said:

mysql source sql/framework.sql; source sql/user.sql; exit

Thanks a lot for your patience and your time.

I did as you said, but, I guess it didn´t work. Here is the terminal window print. At the end it reads : 

sh: sql/user.sql: line 1: CREATE: not found
sh: sql/user.sql: line 2: GRANT: not found
sh: sql/user.sql: line 3: FLUSH: not found

Here is the screenshot:

35485691_ScreenShot2020-06-02at10_09_23AM.thumb.png.68d6c0bb54a01057041f3c0c94680863.png

Thank you for your valuable time.

18 minutes ago, rojarrolla said:

Thanks a lot for your patience and your time.

I did as you said, but, I guess it didn´t work. Here is the terminal window print. At the end it reads : 

sh: sql/user.sql: line 1: CREATE: not found
sh: sql/user.sql: line 2: GRANT: not found
sh: sql/user.sql: line 3: FLUSH: not found

Here is the screenshot:

35485691_ScreenShot2020-06-02at10_09_23AM.thumb.png.68d6c0bb54a01057041f3c0c94680863.png

Thank you for your valuable time.

Ok, many thanks repomanz!

I din't get it at the first time.

This is what I did and I hope it help others: 

I tryed to open the terminal window from the container, it said that it did not exist. So I went to the main console and wrote the first instruction:

"docker exec -ti shinobipro sh" - If I'm not misstaken (sorry I'm not an IT guy or I understand a lot of linux) this instruction created the docker console for shinobi.

The next instructions you gave me ( mysql source sql/framework.sql; source sql/user.sql; ) didn't work, I don't know why. But now that the docker console was created I could log in and from ther I could do the steps mentioned in the shinoby article in this webpage:

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/wcz3OabYEfOhS7h

If you don't want to go to the webpage, here are the instrucions:

Installing the database for MariaDB/MySQL

1. Navigate to your Shinobi directory

cd /home/Shinobi

2. Open the MariaDB/MySQL Terminal client.

mysql

3. Load the SQL files. framework.sql is the database architecture. user.sql are the credentials for Shinobi to connect to the database.

source sql/framework.sql; source sql/user.sql;

4. Exit the SQL client

exit;

4. If you need to enable the mysql database type you can run the following.

node tools/modifyConfiguration.js databaseType=mysql

5. Restart Shinobi

pm2 restart all.

I have to tell you that I got some errors, but then I went and check shinobi's log, I finally got Shinobi up and running:

1308779540_ScreenShot2020-06-02at10_29_24AM.png.643ac5827a666c573313786f90c6cc74.png

So now I can continue configuring my shinobi, and I hope that you can too.

Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding, I don't know what I did wrong when installing Shinobi, that its docker console wasn`t created, thus, the database wasn´t created either rendering my shinoby useless.

I'll see you around because I know I will have more doubts!

Cheers

Guys,

I now got Shinobi Pro installed and so far 1 camera (more to come) with motion detection setup. The issue I'm having is that every time I connect and login to WebUI, after few seconds, typically not more than 1-2 minutes the page becomes unresponsive. I have to reload and re-login to be able to use the WebUI again. Everything else is working fine incl. Shinobi detecting motion and recording.

Any idea what's causing this and how to resolve this issue?

Cheers.

On 6/6/2020 at 8:32 AM, Madman2012 said:

Has anyone passed the GPU through to Shinobi on Unraid docker? I have tried unsuccessfully but have it working with Plex.

any luck here? I'm buying a gpu soon to handle handbrake/plex and would love for it to also handle shinobi. If not, no worries I guess, my 2 cameras only use about 9 to 11% cpu (i7 6700k)

I hope someone can help.

I just moved over from using Monitioneye to Shinobi and I have ran into a few issues, which I hope are easy fix's

First.  is there a way to get the time and data, displayed on the feed and then record. as I have my recording 24/7  with 120 mins segments, but I can't find were to set the time and data 'Watermark'

also I seen that my saved files re jumping all over the place from 2gb to 5.5gbs and I don't know why. when my settings are as follows.

image.thumb.png.2da615816593a0c250f88f3ecd41b8a2.png

image.thumb.png.88cc9507a29210ce9aa8bde997d1589a.png

@SpaceInvaderOne first I would like to say that I love your videos and they are informative and clear to follow.

I have recently moved over to Shinobi Pro from Monitioneye as found this services resource hungry.

so now I have a happy running unraid and shinobi, but I have see a small issues which I can't work out.

I have set the default retention to 5 days, but it looks like it is only saving 24 hours of video surveillance.image.png.50c160e8af6b55ffd9580ac8fa7853f7.png

I  am saving the footage to a unassigned 1TB hard drive with have over 900GB of free space. and I don't know why.

can someone please help.

On 6/2/2020 at 4:40 PM, rojarrolla said:

Ok, many thanks repomanz!

I din't get it at the first time.

This is what I did and I hope it help others: 

I tryed to open the terminal window from the container, it said that it did not exist. So I went to the main console and wrote the first instruction:

"docker exec -ti shinobipro sh" - If I'm not misstaken (sorry I'm not an IT guy or I understand a lot of linux) this instruction created the docker console for shinobi.

The next instructions you gave me ( mysql source sql/framework.sql; source sql/user.sql; ) didn't work, I don't know why. But now that the docker console was created I could log in and from ther I could do the steps mentioned in the shinoby article in this webpage:

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/wcz3OabYEfOhS7h

If you don't want to go to the webpage, here are the instrucions:

Installing the database for MariaDB/MySQL

1. Navigate to your Shinobi directory

cd /home/Shinobi

2. Open the MariaDB/MySQL Terminal client.

mysql

3. Load the SQL files. framework.sql is the database architecture. user.sql are the credentials for Shinobi to connect to the database.

source sql/framework.sql; source sql/user.sql;

4. Exit the SQL client

exit;

4. If you need to enable the mysql database type you can run the following.

node tools/modifyConfiguration.js databaseType=mysql

5. Restart Shinobi

pm2 restart all.

I have to tell you that I got some errors, but then I went and check shinobi's log, I finally got Shinobi up and running:

1308779540_ScreenShot2020-06-02at10_29_24AM.png.643ac5827a666c573313786f90c6cc74.png

So now I can continue configuring my shinobi, and I hope that you can too.

Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding, I don't know what I did wrong when installing Shinobi, that its docker console wasn`t created, thus, the database wasn´t created either rendering my shinoby useless.

I'll see you around because I know I will have more doubts!

Cheers

I got the same problem, and trying to understand the instructors is confusing.

so I did a install of the docker application, and now when I try and find the " /home/Shinobi" within the docker or within Unraid I am inform that it can't be found

I also try some of the offer commands and get the same issues no like sh: source: can't open 'sql/framework.sq': No such file or directory.

so can someone please write a dummy step by step so that we can get this docker up and running.

Hello, i'm setting up Shinobi but i'm having some delay issues. 
I have 3 ip cameras. which i have added to shinobi with an rtsp link
They are outputing 1080p - 25fps - 4mbit bitrate - h265x (dont know what x means, probably +?) 
On shinobi i have Analyzation Duration and Probe Size at 1000000 (changing them doesn't affect the delay) 
Right now i have about 30sec delay. And streams some times freeze for 10 sec or so.
I use Poseidon - Websocket  - copy codec on stream settings. 
All 3 cameras are on the same local network (gigabit) and accessing shinobi webui locally (not through reverse proxy or anything).

if i use the same rtsp url on vlc. i get less than a second delay. (almost realtime)
Also changing cameras even to 15 fps makes little to no difference in delay...
Is this something that i can fix?

Thanks!
Please let me know if you need more info...

stream.PNG

camera.PNG

connection.PNG

input.PNG

On 6/13/2020 at 2:21 PM, chris_netsmart said:

I got the same problem, and trying to understand the instructors is confusing.

so I did a install of the docker application, and now when I try and find the " /home/Shinobi" within the docker or within Unraid I am inform that it can't be found

I also try some of the offer commands and get the same issues no like sh: source: can't open 'sql/framework.sq': No such file or directory.

so can someone please write a dummy step by step so that we can get this docker up and running.

I just installed this docker and was having the same issue as chris_netsmart.  Went to Shinobi's website and read their installation instructions.  Discovered if you login to the console of this docker and perform the following that you will be able to login with the docker's default username and password.  I was then able to create my own username/password.  Wondering if there is something wrong with the template that is not inserting the values that we define at docker install/creation.

Set up Superuser Access
Rename super.sample.json to super.json. Run the following command inside the Shinobi directory with terminal. Passwords are saved as MD5 strings. You only need to do this step once.

cp super.sample.json super.json
Login at http://your.shinobi.video/super.

Username : [email protected]
Password : admin
You should now be able to manage accounts

Here is the direct link for the above....go to account management section:  https://shinobi.video/docs/start

On 6/17/2020 at 11:42 AM, goinsnoopin said:

Set up Superuser Access
Rename super.sample.json to super.json. Run the following command inside the Shinobi directory with terminal. Passwords are saved as MD5 strings. You only need to do this step once.

cp super.sample.json super.json
Login at http://your.shinobi.video/super.

Username : [email protected]
Password : admin
You should now be able to manage accounts

Here is the direct link for the above....go to account management section:  https://shinobi.video/docs/start

thanks for the information  @goinsnoopin but sadly I still get the same error message

image.png.dc3a4203a3c8ce46e2d1139ab371911f.png

On 5/15/2020 at 6:58 AM, Frankiejk said:

Im not to sure what is was doing before it broke but from the error being thrown, I think it is trying to grab what would be the created mp4 from the fileBin directory (which exists) but because nothing is in there after clicking the download button, it does nothing. 

I'm assuming that this is the location where after converting the jpegs to the mp4, it then pulls the mp4 file to be downloaded but it doesn't seem to be converting at all.

This is the error i get when i click Download on a timelapse.

2020-06-20T18:21:30+03:00 Shinobi is ready.
Error: write EPIPE

at WriteWrap.onWriteComplete [as oncomplete] (internal/stream_base_commons.js:87:16) {
errno: 'EPIPE',
code: 'EPIPE',
syscall: 'write'
}
Uncaught Exception occured!
Error: write EPIPE

at WriteWrap.onWriteComplete [as oncomplete] (internal/stream_base_commons.js:87:16)
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat '/opt/shinobi/fileBin/SGDYZkDnwt/Eisodos/2020-06-16T17-20-00_2020-06-20T18-06-13-30fps.mp4'

at Object.statSync (fs.js:915:3)
at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/opt/shinobi/libs/videos.js:488:44)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:223:5)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:272:12) {
errno: -2,
syscall: 'stat',
code: 'ENOENT',
path: '/opt/shinobi/fileBin/SGDYZkDnwt/Eisodos/2020-06-16T17-20-00_2020-06-20T18-06-13-30fps.mp4'
}
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat '/opt/shinobi/fileBin/SGDYZkDnwt/Eisodos/2020-06-16T17-20-00_2020-06-20T18-06-13-30fps.mp4'

at Object.statSync (fs.js:915:3)
at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/opt/shinobi/libs/videos.js:488:44)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:223:5)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:272:12)
Error [ERR_STREAM_DESTROYED]: Cannot call write after a stream was destroyed

at doWrite (_stream_writable.js:431:19)
at writeOrBuffer (_stream_writable.js:419:5)
at Socket.Writable.write (_stream_writable.js:309:11)
at /opt/shinobi/libs/videos.js:501:61
at FSReqCallback.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (internal/fs/read_file_context.js:61:3) {
code: 'ERR_STREAM_DESTROYED'
}
Error [ERR_STREAM_DESTROYED]: Cannot call write after a stream was destroyed

at doWrite (_stream_writable.js:431:19)
at writeOrBuffer (_stream_writable.js:419:5)
at Socket.Writable.write (_stream_writable.js:309:11)
at /opt/shinobi/libs/videos.js:501:61
at FSReqCallback.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (internal/fs/read_file_context.js:61:3)

Hi guys,

A bit of a long shot but worth asking before I start the journey of installing and configuring Shinobi.

I am considering (just at the planning stage at the moment) to install the cameras, install Shinobi on my unRaid server and then use my CrashPlan docker to backup settings, database and video footage to the cloud in case my server is stolen. Would this work from your experience and would I be able to review the footage from the cloud service or, until I restore all files and get Shinobi going again there is no chance to view the videos?

Other options for near-real time cloud sync of the footage? Can use onedrive, iCloud and CrashPlan at the moment and would hate to have to pay another subscription.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, skippy said:

Hi guys,

A bit of a long shot but worth asking before I start the journey of installing and configuring Shinobi.

I am considering (just at the planning stage at the moment) to install the cameras, install Shinobi on my unRaid server and then use my CrashPlan docker to backup settings, database and video footage to the cloud in case my server is stolen. Would this work from your experience and would I be able to review the footage from the cloud service or, until I restore all files and get Shinobi going again there is no chance to view the videos?

Other options for near-real time cloud sync of the footage? Can use onedrive, iCloud and CrashPlan at the moment and would hate to have to pay another subscription.

Cheers!

When I had my QNAP NAS, I synced my IP security camera videos to my Google Drive. No reason why you can't do something similar with Unraid. Maybe use Rclone to sync your camera footage to the cloud storage provider of your choice.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Phoenix Down said:

When I had my QNAP NAS, I synced my IP security camera videos to my Google Drive. No reason why you can't do something similar with Unraid. Maybe use Rclone to sync your camera footage to the cloud storage provider of your choice.

Thanks Phonix! That sounds great.

So I guess the next question is: are the Shinobi recordings just standard video files that can be watched without Shinobi? How would I know what's what?

Cheers,

Enrico