[Support] spaceinvaderone - Shinobi Pro

On 5/18/2020 at 1:29 AM, runraid said:

I got this figured out and am able to use the MariaDB inside the container to make this work. No need to run a dedicated MariaDB docker instance.

First, make sure the shinobipro docker container is running. Log into the console of the container, either by using the unraid feature or by this command:

docker exec -ti shinobipro sh

Next, create the database and tables...

mysql
source sql/framework.sql;
source sql/user.sql;
exit

Now restart the container and it will work.

I have just go through the fourm chat and I found the above steps, and it looks like it resolve the SQL DB Issue.

I'm new to RTSP, but have a set of Eufy cams which support saving video to NAS that supports RTSP. Does this involve me running something like Shinobi, or is there a simpler way? I intend to use the Eufy software/apps to view the video so it's not like I need a CCTV software to do anything other than store video.

Secondly, in the Shinobi app setup, it asks for a share/path for vidoes and defaults to /mnt/disks/cctv. This seems to imply dedicating a disk to CCTV recordings which makes sense for hard-wired cameras that are streaming 24x7 since it would peg the array constantly. 

My cams aren't fulltime CCTV since they are wireless and activate on motion (but you can activate them manually and stream one cam at a time). 

Given this, Is it a bad idea to use a share on the array for my use case?

---

I got the DB errors resolved using this info, which should definitely be included in the first post and app instructions.

Also, I tried installing this container and got to the Shinobi Web UI, but it's complaining about lack of MariaDB:

image.png.e3bd3b4d15a93989afa78e41b718565d.png

I thought MariaDB/MySQL was included as part of the container and created automatically? What am I missing?

Edited by tmchow
On 6/29/2020 at 2:46 PM, tmchow said:

I'm new to RTSP, but have a set of Eufy cams which support saving video to NAS that supports RTSP. Does this involve me running something like Shinobi, or is there a simpler way? I intend to use the Eufy software/apps to view the video so it's not like I need a CCTV software to do anything other than store video.

Secondly, in the Shinobi app setup, it asks for a share/path for vidoes and defaults to /mnt/disks/cctv. This seems to imply dedicating a disk to CCTV recordings which makes sense for hard-wired cameras that are streaming 24x7 since it would peg the array constantly. 

My cams aren't fulltime CCTV since they are wireless and activate on motion (but you can activate them manually and stream one cam at a time). 

Given this, Is it a bad idea to use a share on the array for my use case?

---

I got the DB errors resolved using this info, which should definitely be included in the first post and app instructions.

Also, I tried installing this container and got to the Shinobi Web UI, but it's complaining about lack of MariaDB:

image.png.e3bd3b4d15a93989afa78e41b718565d.png

I thought MariaDB/MySQL was included as part of the container and created automatically? What am I missing?

The answer is yes, you don't want to record to a share on the array due to constant parity calc, and wear on tear on the drive.

6 hours ago, bobo89 said:

The answer is yes, you don't want to record to a share on the array due to constant parity calc, and wear on tear on the drive.

Personally, since my security cameras are not on 24/7, I have always recorded to my array for redundancy reasons. I also sync it to cloud storage for extra protection. I would hate to lose access to my security video when I really need it.

Has anyone been able to get the discord bot API working with Shinobi set up this way? I tried following the instructions listed here https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/Vx8KOsrUXTZxsSp and assumed that I could skip the step 'Enable Discord Bot use in Shinobi' because it looks like that option is now baked into the web UI, but after following the instructions the bot doesn't seem to come online.

Also just set up some Eufy Cameras with RTSP. 

My only question is... is continuous recording my only option? Or is there a way to only save motion/sound events?

The Eufy app can detect motion/sound events fine but not sure how I would do that within Shinobi.

22 minutes ago, Supa said:

Also just set up some Eufy Cameras with RTSP. 

My only question is... is continuous recording my only option? Or is there a way to only save motion/sound events?

The Eufy app can detect motion/sound events fine but not sure how I would do that within Shinobi.

Continuous is safer but you can have the camera send an event like an http trigger and shinobi will record only motion. Sometimes you miss stuff though that’s important. 

I have set to delete footage after 7 days, yet I see that Shinobi deletes my clips very frequently, with 1 minute recordings I've been able to keep max 10-20 clips, after that they get deleted. How can I go about troubleshooting this?

Edit: the clips are visible in the history from the shinobi control panel, but are not playable because they are infact deleted from the disk (I can see that by browsing to the share)

Edited by wolfdale
Hi @SpaceInvaderOne and thanks for your hard work & guide.
I've noticed your container is based on MiGoller, but he has released an nVidia compatible one.
Can you adopt it to unraid as well?
It would be great to be able to utilize NVENC & YOLO

Thanks

Suppose this container was adopted to support nvidia. I’m using my Nvidia card for my plex container already. Can you use a card for multiple docker containers?

Anyone having these errors in the log?

Failed to Load Module : ccio
Error: Cannot find module '/opt/shinobi/libs/customAutoLoad/ccio'
Require stack:
- /opt/shinobi/libs/customAutoLoad.js
- /opt/shinobi/camera.js
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:793:17)
at Module.Hook._require.Module.require (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/pm2/node_modules/require-in-the-middle/index.js:61:29)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:74:18)
at /opt/shinobi/libs/customAutoLoad.js:58:29
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at /opt/shinobi/libs/customAutoLoad.js:43:28
at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (fs.js:146:23) {
code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
requireStack: [ '/opt/shinobi/libs/customAutoLoad.js', '/opt/shinobi/camera.js' ]
}
Failed to Load Module : mysql
Error: Cannot find module '/opt/shinobi/libs/customAutoLoad/mysql'
Require stack:
- /opt/shinobi/libs/customAutoLoad.js
- /opt/shinobi/camera.js
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:793:17)
at Module.Hook._require.Module.require (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/pm2/node_modules/require-in-the-middle/index.js:61:29)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:74:18)
at /opt/shinobi/libs/customAutoLoad.js:58:29
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at /opt/shinobi/libs/customAutoLoad.js:43:28
at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (fs.js:146:23) {
code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
requireStack: [ '/opt/shinobi/libs/customAutoLoad.js', '/opt/shinobi/camera.js' ]
}
Failed to Load Module : performance_schema
Error: Cannot find module '/opt/shinobi/libs/customAutoLoad/performance_schema'

Has anyone been able to make this work with reverse proxy?  I have tried everything including adding "baseURL":"https://shinobi.mydomain.com" which just made it extremely slow.  I've got this on a VLAN and the only resolution I've seen is to change it not be on a VLAN and just be on the Unraid server IP.

Edit:. Solution to reverse proxy working with the container on a VLAN.  In docker settings, "Host access to custom networks:" needs to be enabled.  Once enabled, it works.

Edited by Xcelsior86
On 6/7/2020 at 8:01 AM, repomanz said:

any luck here? I'm buying a gpu soon to handle handbrake/plex and would love for it to also handle shinobi. If not, no worries I guess, my 2 cameras only use about 9 to 11% cpu (i7 6700k)

For those of you seeing high CPU usage on Shinobi when using the built-in motion detection, most IP cameras have FTP or Email alerts built in along with motion detection. I'm using Reolink RLC-410-5MP cameras. Check out the following links to on how to use your camera's built in detection rather than Shinobi's. When I was using the motion detector in Shinobi, I was seeing anywhere between 40%-80% CPU usage on 8 cameras. When I switched over to using my camera's built in motion detection, I drop to around 7%-10% max with 8 cameras going. The FTP trigger will give you the fastest motion response.

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/Qdu39Dp8zDqWIA0

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/LyCI3yQsUTouSAJ

image.thumb.png.2eb68fd874647c3ff1f719faf77d9607.png

• Like 1

Suppose this container was adopted to support nvidia. I’m using my Nvidia card for my plex container already. Can you use a card for multiple docker containers?

Yes you can.
And I did make it work, but want SpaceInvadersOne reply before posting my solution...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 hours ago, gshlomi said:

Yes you can.
And I did make it work, but want SpaceInvadersOne reply before posting my solution...

I'm in for the solution to getting my P2000 to work!  Once I get it to work I'll be moving away from Blue Iris.

I have an issue where one sometimes two of my 3 cameras stops recording after 12-24hrs.  I can see it's still detecting motion in the power viewer but no recording is triggered.  The only way to get it working again is to restart shinobi.  Any help would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, ax77 said:

I have an issue where one sometimes two of my 3 cameras stops recording after 12-24hrs.  I can see it's still detecting motion in the power viewer but no recording is triggered.  The only way to get it working again is to restart shinobi.  Any help would be appreciated.

I had a similar problem, but with scheduled recordings not starting after a day or two. Still no true resolution, but found an accidental workaround. I use the CA Appdata Backup/Restore v2 to back up all of my Docker data. The default behavior is that it turns off the docker while backing up the data then turns them back on. It only takes a few seconds, but effectively restarts the Shinobi docker daily. The schedule recordings have been working fine every day since.

Edited by Phoenix Down
7 hours ago, Phoenix Down said:

I had a similar problem, but with scheduled recordings not starting after a day or two. Still no true resolution, but found an accidental workaround. I use the CA Appdata Backup/Restore v2 to back up all of my Docker data. The default behavior is that it turns off the docker while backing up the data then turns them back on. It only takes a few seconds, but effectively restarts the Shinobi docker daily. The schedule recordings have been working fine every day since.

thanks for the tip.  I'll try it out.

On 7/5/2020 at 12:06 AM, AngryCvilleian said:

Has anyone been able to get the discord bot API working with Shinobi set up this way? I tried following the instructions listed here https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/Vx8KOsrUXTZxsSp and assumed that I could skip the step 'Enable Discord Bot use in Shinobi' because it looks like that option is now baked into the web UI, but after following the instructions the bot doesn't seem to come online.

As you noticed, it is not installed. You can open a shell in the container and install it manually:

cd /opt/shinobi
npm install discord.js 
node tools/modifyConfiguration.js addToConfig='{"discordBot":true}'

Then you copy your conf.json and package.json from /opt/shinobi to /config.

Then docker script copies everything from your mounted config folder into the shinobi folder. That way discord will be installed when you restart the container. When you update the container you should check if package.json got an update

• Like 1

After finally getting the container set up with the fine help of you folks in here, I was able to successfully view the feed off a cheapo Wyze cam (official RTSP firmware). The only problem I'm seeing is the error window is being spammed with a bunch of "FFMPEG STDERRa few seconds ago [aac @ 0x14c7b3832a40] Queue input is backward in time" messages about every second or two. I used the settings here (except changed vid streaming to HLS, Poseidon had the same issue; this seems to be an AAC issue though): 

Any ideas?

EDIT: No errors with "No Audio" which is what I'll set it to for now. But am curious why those errors are coming up.

Edited by nimaim
7 hours ago, nimaim said:

After finally getting the container set up with the fine help of you folks in here, I was able to successfully view the feed off a cheapo Wyze cam (official RTSP firmware). The only problem I'm seeing is the error window is being spammed with a bunch of "FFMPEG STDERRa few seconds ago [aac @ 0x14c7b3832a40] Queue input is backward in time" messages about every second or two. I used the settings here (except changed vid streaming to HLS, Poseidon had the same issue; this seems to be an AAC issue though): 

Any ideas?

EDIT: No errors with "No Audio" which is what I'll set it to for now. But am curious why those errors are coming up.

I seem to recall reading about this particular error and something to do with the "use camera timestamp" settings or something like that. It's been a while.

On 7/22/2020 at 8:46 AM, gshlomi said:

Yes you can.

Update to the container.

Changing tag to :nvidia will allow you to use you nvidia gpu with the container.

Thankyou  @gshlomi for your message  regarding this. 

There are some changes to the template too which should be updated in the com apps feed in the next hour or two.

Details are now at the beginning of this post.

• Like 2