[Support] spaceinvaderone - Shinobi Pro

On 7/15/2020 at 8:31 PM, CrunchyToast said:

For those of you seeing high CPU usage on Shinobi when using the built-in motion detection, most IP cameras have FTP or Email alerts built in along with motion detection. I'm using Reolink RLC-410-5MP cameras. Check out the following links to on how to use your camera's built in detection rather than Shinobi's. When I was using the motion detector in Shinobi, I was seeing anywhere between 40%-80% CPU usage on 8 cameras. When I switched over to using my camera's built in motion detection, I drop to around 7%-10% max with 8 cameras going. The FTP trigger will give you the fastest motion response.

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/Qdu39Dp8zDqWIA0

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/LyCI3yQsUTouSAJ

image.thumb.png.2eb68fd874647c3ff1f719faf77d9607.png

I have the same cameras as you, Interesting I found that they are made by Swann. Anyway, Which one is better SMTP or FTP?

Thanks!

On 7/15/2020 at 6:31 PM, CrunchyToast said:

For those of you seeing high CPU usage on Shinobi when using the built-in motion detection, most IP cameras have FTP or Email alerts built in along with motion detection. I'm using Reolink RLC-410-5MP cameras. Check out the following links to on how to use your camera's built in detection rather than Shinobi's. When I was using the motion detector in Shinobi, I was seeing anywhere between 40%-80% CPU usage on 8 cameras. When I switched over to using my camera's built in motion detection, I drop to around 7%-10% max with 8 cameras going. The FTP trigger will give you the fastest motion response.

On 7/15/2020 at 6:31 PM, CrunchyToast said:

I can't figure out a step in the FTP instructions.  I can't seem to figure out where to run:

cd /home/Shinobi

node tools/modifyConfiguration.js addToConfig='{"dropInEventServer":true, "ftpServer":true}'

Any help is appreciated!

1 hour ago, pepbill said:

I can't seem to figure out where to run:

cd /home/Shinobi

node tools/modifyConfiguration.js addToConfig='{"dropInEventServer":true, "ftpServer":true}'

I don't use this but I assume you would have to go to the command line inside the container. Click on the icon for the container and select Console

On 7/29/2020 at 7:01 PM, jlficken said:

Has anyone had any luck getting it to work when on it's on a different VLAN than the UnRAID server behind the LetsEncrypt NGINX reverse proxy?

Yes, it works just fine for me. What issue are you running into?

On 7/31/2020 at 7:19 AM, rojarrolla said:

I have the same cameras as you, Interesting I found that they are made by Swann. Anyway, Which one is better SMTP or FTP?

Thanks!

I wouldn't really say one is better than the other, but for a faster response and quicker record trigger, use FTP.

On 8/1/2020 at 5:37 PM, pepbill said:

I can't figure out a step in the FTP instructions.  I can't seem to figure out where to run:

cd /home/Shinobi

Any help is appreciated!

I was manually modifying the config via the /super config gui. There was an issue with the config getting reset back to default somehow, so I just created the conf.json file in Shinobi's app data folder and haven't had an issue since.

On 8/2/2020 at 7:07 PM, Trites said:

Every time I make a change to the docker it keeps resetting the conf.json file. I figured it would be stored in the appdata folder but it isn't. Any way to move the conf file?

You can manually create the conf.json file. The container will use it instead. Just make sure it's the full config as it won't even look at the other one anymore.

• Like 1

I'm looking for some guidance on using shinobi. I have experienced lots of issues actually running the intreface in a browser.

Using chrome and firefox on Ubuntu/Windows, is extremely laggy, and buggy. I watch CPU usage skyrocket on single cores, and modifying regions for recording is impossible. Frequently it misses movements and doesn't record. 

This is all done with 16GB of ram and 8 cores, and dedicated GPUs. This isn't a resource problem but my environment is unstable. Followed the guide to the letter.

Anyone else experienced this ? 

27 minutes ago, bobo89 said:

I'm looking for some guidance on using shinobi. I have experienced lots of issues actually running the intreface in a browser.

Using chrome and firefox on Ubuntu/Windows, is extremely laggy, and buggy. I watch CPU usage skyrocket on single cores, and modifying regions for recording is impossible. Frequently it misses movements and doesn't record. 

This is all done with 16GB of ram and 8 cores, and dedicated GPUs. This isn't a resource problem but my environment is unstable. Followed the guide to the letter.

Anyone else experienced this ? 

Sounds like you might be transcoding the video stream, which always requires a ton of CPU power and is just not worth it IMHO. Find out what format video stream your IP cam produces, and then set the video format in Shinobi to match. For me, it's H.264. During active recording, my 8 core CPU uses less than 1% utilization for 2 cameras. In this case, Shinobi is just taking the video streams from the cameras and saving them to disk, which takes very little CPU power.

Edited by Phoenix Down
Sounds like you might be transcoding the video stream, which always requires a ton of CPU power and is just not worth it IMHO. Find out what format video stream your IP cam produces, and then set the video format in Shinobi to match. For me, it's H.264. During active recording, my 8 core CPU uses less than 1% utilization for 2 cameras. In this case, Shinobi is just taking the video streams from the cameras and saving them to disk, which takes very little CPU power.
Good idea. I tried that. 2 cameras are h264 the other are h265. Does the selection of of which streaming protocol matter? Poseidon? H265? Just using the whole Web app jokes my browser up. It almost feels like it's a client issue

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

On 12/18/2019 at 2:09 PM, SpaceInvaderOne said:

July 29 2020

On new installs it is now necessary to manually install the database files on first run.

Going to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/8080/super  and logging in you will see this

1977614034_ScreenShot2020-07-29at17_36_19.thumb.png.c7bd2a790377d39f0078817408ced5c6.png

Now goto the docker tab and select the shinobipro container and click console.

859769587_ScreenShot2020-07-29at17_39_20.png.42cbb2ce1b1f0ba2b279e29b330409fc.png

This will open a terminal inside of the container. Now run these commands below

mysql
source sql/framework.sql;
source sql/user.sql;
exit

Now close terminal window and restart the container.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NVIDIA UNRAID USERS ONLY

You can use your gpu to do the encoding when you are using Linuxserver's Nvidia Unraid  build.

To do this you will need to make some changes to the template when you install the container. 

You will need to change the view to advanced view then

1.  Change the tag on the repository from :latest  to  :nvidia as below

spaceinvaderone/shinobi_pro_unraid:nvidia

2. Under Extra parameters add    

--runtime=nvidia

1534167361_ScreenShot2020-07-29at17_45_23.thumb.jpg.7a89b6eb17524d55e8168edbc7aa2154.jpg

Lastly you will see 2 parts in the template relating to Nvidia

Driver capabilities set to all

GPU is set to the ID of  your nvidia gpu as shown in the Unraid nvidia plugin

557030803_ScreenShot2020-07-29at17_54_15.thumb.png.5d44aa51f15b9462de067cb57ea67cef.png

Well, Thanks for the info, but there is no way I can make this work.

I had shinobi pro installed, so I changed the name of the repository to "nvidia" and it downoaded like 2 Gigs and the CPU usage never came down and the GPU usage remained in 0%. By the way, I didn't get the 2 options: Driver Capabilities and GPU ID. I had added them as variables in my last attempt.

So I deleted the container, installed it again and the last 2 options appeared (Driver capabilities and GPU ID). 

I did not make a lot of configurations because Shinobi was configured as I had it (I don´t know why)

So I ran it again, and set up my cameras to access the Hardware, and nothing happens.

Take a look at this:

36171630_ScreenShot2020-08-12at11_57_27PM.thumb.png.c392a359b2393c8f7cbc43fa4f861b71.png

The HWAccel Device is blank, I have tryed to type my hardware ID and it completely ignores it...and Regarding the CoProcessor I don't even know what that is. I asked for a manual to Shinobi support and they did the same as their software (exactly: ignore me).

Here is a screenshot of my dashboard running a VM Windows 10 VM (@ idle by the way). My DHCP Server and Shinobi with only one camera with a still image in my Xeon E5 2403 ( pretty useless by the way) . My CPU is at 37% while my GPU is on vacation zipping some margaritas at the beach! (I'm being sarcastic by the way)

1774955373_ScreenShot2020-08-13at12_00_16AM.thumb.png.7825aa69b76a1c8699c3fa0d37530c64.png

So, I hope you can give me a bit of help on this one because I'm loosing my hair on this. Any kind of help will be very appreciated it.

Thanks in advance

16 hours ago, rojarrolla said:

So, I hope you can give me a bit of help on this one because I'm loosing my hair on this. Any kind of help will be very appreciated it.

Thanks in advance

Yes the extra variables in the template may need you to delete the old template from the server so the new one is pulled down from community applications if on updating the container it doesnt change. 

So you have filled in the 2 variables driver capabilities to all and the id number of your gpu from the nvidia plugin.

But you didnt say if you set the extra parameter (advanced view) to

--runtime=nvidia

If all these are set then please post screen shots of how the template is filled in.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SpaceInvaderOne said:

Yes the extra variables in the template may need you to delete the old template from the server so the new one is pulled down from community applications if on updating the container it doesnt change. 

So you have filled in the 2 variables driver capabilities to all and the id number of your gpu from the nvidia plugin.

But you didnt say if you set the extra parameter (advanced view) to

--runtime=nvidia

If all these are set then please post screen shots of how the template is filled in.

Dear Edward, Thanks for replying, 

I always try to do everything as you say.

To answer your question, yes I did set the extra parameter: --runtime=nvidia.

Here are some screenshots, at the left there is shinoby working and on the right is my virtual machine running Ispy on windows 10. (I set this as you said in your video)

I have set at this moment 2 cameras,  (The other 4 were reconnected back to my noisy and lousy Reolink NVR ) 1 is broken and only streams a gray screen, the other... well I thought it was dead, but now is working again and is streaming part of my studio.

1410203369_ScreenShot2020-08-13at10_57_52PM.thumb.png.a0069a61d95955456bdae892c8f2d503.png

Here is my dashboard, the GPU is at 0% while the CPU only with shinobi, The VM only recording the stream is 58%.

688873211_ScreenShot2020-08-13at10_58_28PM.thumb.png.e53a557c44a23bff76e988362e32ab44.png

Here is the template top part

1474427851_ScreenShot2020-08-13at10_58_54PM.thumb.png.b8b61a3d27adb9a396812e19c5e872f2.png

The rest of the template.

95597985_ScreenShot2020-08-13at10_58_58PM.thumb.png.78db58e47136234546e2ea07c01c4e56.png

Thanks a lot!

On 8/13/2020 at 5:53 PM, Dragosani said:

I have given up on shinobi. It's all too flaky. What is working well for me is Blue Iris 5. Well worth £60. It is even running well with 6 camera's in a Windows 10 VM on an unraid box with an I7 4790k. 

I agree with you, Shinobi is way difficult to setup. What CPU usage do you get with that setup? And what resolution are you using?

Hello,

how can I change the file-permissions? The files are currently created as the root user.

How can I change it so that the files are created under a different user-ID, group-ID and a different rigths?

from

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  112407 Aug 21 10:04 2020-08-21T10-04-39.jpg

to

-rw-r-w---- 1 private user  112407 Aug 21 10:04 2020-08-21T10-04-39.jpg

Edited by Gooja71

Hi all,

I am making progress getting this to work (new Unraid user as well), really appreciate the work that went in to this image - it's amazing how easy this has been to set up. I couldn't find anything in these threads and I can't seem to figure out how to get motion detection to work on a schedule (ex. only run motion detection overnight).

The Shinobi site has a tutorial to do it (link below)... but I can't seem to save a preset. Every time I am in monitor settings and click "Add Preset" it tells me it was saved successfully, but then the preset never appears as a selection. I can't find any errors in the logs, either.

These are the instructions I am trying to follow. I have completely wiped/reloaded the container 3x to rule out any flaky install behavior as well:

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/6ylYHj9MemlZwrM

Thanks in advance...

7 hours ago, emptyfish said:

Hi all,

I am making progress getting this to work (new Unraid user as well), really appreciate the work that went in to this image - it's amazing how easy this has been to set up. I couldn't find anything in these threads and I can't seem to figure out how to get motion detection to work on a schedule (ex. only run motion detection overnight).

The Shinobi site has a tutorial to do it (link below)... but I can't seem to save a preset. Every time I am in monitor settings and click "Add Preset" it tells me it was saved successfully, but then the preset never appears as a selection. I can't find any errors in the logs, either.

These are the instructions I am trying to follow. I have completely wiped/reloaded the container 3x to rule out any flaky install behavior as well:

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/6ylYHj9MemlZwrM

Thanks in advance...

It's a display bug. It always shows that the first preset is selected, even though the preset you chose is saved correctly. You can verify this by looking at the DB table. I reported it to the developer a few months ago and he acknowledged it and said he will fix it. I'm surprised he still hasn't fixed it.

9 hours ago, Phoenix Down said:

It's a display bug. It always shows that the first preset is selected, even though the preset you chose is saved correctly. You can verify this by looking at the DB table. I reported it to the developer a few months ago and he acknowledged it and said he will fix it. I'm surprised he still hasn't fixed it.

Thank you for the response! I dug in to the DB and in my case it's not saving at all when I click "Add" on the preset Window. Furthermore, I tried manually inserting a Preset record into the Presets table and to your point it does not show in the UI at all.

I traced the Add button and the POST sends data like this - seems like it's not providing any information:

data={"monitors":[]}

This is the Url that gets called whenever you click the add button:

http://ip:port/7782fd1f9527265498580dada163bdb9/monitorStates/peRkP9V6hr/FrontYardMonitorOn/insert

Even though there's no data getting inserted, the POST URL above always returns this:

{
   "ok": true,
   "msg": "Inserted State Configuration"
}

It seems like the Preset/Monitor State is completely broken.

1 hour ago, emptyfish said:

Thank you for the response! I dug in to the DB and in my case it's not saving at all when I click "Add" on the preset Window. Furthermore, I tried manually inserting a Preset record into the Presets table and to your point it does not show in the UI at all.

I traced the Add button and the POST sends data like this - seems like it's not providing any information:

data={"monitors":[]}

This is the Url that gets called whenever you click the add button:

http://ip:port/7782fd1f9527265498580dada163bdb9/monitorStates/peRkP9V6hr/FrontYardMonitorOn/insert

Even though there's no data getting inserted, the POST URL above always returns this:

{
   "ok": true,
   "msg": "Inserted State Configuration"
}

It seems like the Preset/Monitor State is completely broken.

In this case, I recommend getting on their Discord channel and tag the developer there. Don’t bother with their subreddit. Tagged him in there but he never answered. Got a response pretty quickly in Discord though. 

22 hours ago, Phoenix Down said:

In this case, I recommend getting on their Discord channel and tag the developer there. Don’t bother with their subreddit. Tagged him in there but he never answered. Got a response pretty quickly in Discord though. 

I talked to the help Discord briefly. They seemed to think the Docker image is pretty out of date & initially recommended going Unraid > VM > Shinobi instead of Docker.

I was able to get it working, though... I followed the update instructions on the Shinobi site (running the commands from the Docker console):

https://hub.shinobi.video/articles/view/LTVqL3I8f8kIzsX

I couldn't restart from the console, but restarting from the Unraid UI after running the update commands worked - everything came right back up. More importantly it seems to have solved the original issue - I am able to save presets/etc. Thanks again for the help!

• Like 1

Hello,
I am in need of assistance trying to get all this working with a VLan.  I'm trying to follow the videos from @SpaceInvaderOne.  Here is my setup:

Wireless Router

router_LAN.png.3fd6787c372462b61e2b629fcc887183.png

Router_DHCP.thumb.png.d424a15cc841f35f05012b0794e2db46.png

I bought a tp-link TL-SG108PE managed switch.  This is how I've set it up:

router_IP_Settings.png.a89fb053521b62c2215b6b43063890d5.png

Router_VLAN.png.6cebc4c4ac754d89215c11d0a494424f.png

Finally, here are my Unraid settings.  Network

Unraid_Network_Settings.thumb.png.40a3dcacea2dd8477f44e2f3107de077.png

Docker

Unraid_Docker_Settings.thumb.png.678cf25a8a8198aba52b83d3cbde6d31.png

Finally, my Shinobi docker settings

Unraid_Shinobi_Settings.thumb.png.1ecd1b12856f152f52d168e165865cf4.png

From my Unraid tower, I'm able to ping the Shinobi IP of 192.168.50.10.  However, when I try to launch the GUI, it just spins and finally states that it can't reach the page.  

Prior to trying to set up the managed switch & VLAN, I was able to get to the gui when everything was connected/set-up using the normal network.  I know in the videos SpaceInvaderOne did mention that he was going to have another video showing the VLAN setup but I can't find it.  Also, I'm not currently using PFSense.  I don't know if my current setup (Asus wireless router) supports the VLAN.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.  I'm trying to set this up in a secure setup.

Thanks